Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Those who say they've had success with fraxel or laser surgery, they always say, "I'll post pixcs when..." only to never post any?

If someone has truly under gone severe scarring, emotional, psychological, and even mental suffering due to their appearance, they could understand how this sub forum feels. Why not share that success?

I wonder if the success was only temporary if any? If it was just the swelling that made it look like the scarring had been reduced or if it was a cosmetic group that just made up a random account to spark a buzz and help business.

http://iplandlaserdamagesupport.prophpbb.com/topic208.html

^ Saw this link. Before that, I was planning a consultation in my city but, that has me rethinking it again. I honestly think all we can do is improve or attempt to improve it. It feels like a nightmare some days. I realize how good I once had it. Then, I see that link of that poor lady and it makes me realize how good I still have it but, it still saddens me how alone at times we all feel.

I think it was Mirmar who mentioned that, the lasers do damage, and that, that link is evidence of the long term pain it causes.

Anyone with any pics of any kind of success, please share here, and help some of us.

My theory is that the improvement is not great. Even with fraxel. So if someone claims that they will post pics after the procedure but never does, it is most likely because they are not satisfied with the result, and their frustration tells them not to bother with taking pics.

Mind you, they may have improvement, but it may be minute, and therefore frustrating.

^^agreed. They report great results while there is still microswelling and then feel dumb coming back saying they were wrong, so they come back with a new ID and say it, which helps no one.

Some people may have good results and not come back for that reason, but if I had good results I'd be shouting it on here for all to hear.

^^agreed. They report great results while there is still microswelling and then feel dumb coming back saying they were wrong, so they come back with a new ID and say it, which helps no one.

Some people may have good results and not come back for that reason, but if I had good results I'd be shouting it on here for all to hear.

Yah. I've been feeling pretty low. BX is an inspiration. Several others on here are. I am looking to improve it though, I know it will never be the same again. I keep praying, meditating, reading self help books, and trying to rid depression.

I haven't had a gf in a long time. I haven't been on a date this year. Its just been awful. I've been isolating myself away from the world. Hiding out. I just want to find something I can do.

Using differin, .01% & .3%. Its helped but, i still have a shallow scar. Considering fraxel till I sent that awful link of that poor woman getting fried. Its a complete support community for those living with this.

I just use to go out all the time, party with friends, and live a socially active life. Now, I am trying to get back there. Its been difficult. I was about 99% sure on laser till I seen that. I contacted a few people on youtube who posted blog videos following laser.

I've seen worse skin. Then again, I don't know anybody who goes through this like I do. I wish I seeked help much sooner or my doc just got me the help I needed. All a diff of 3-4months and here I am with this nightmare.

I've been using self help books to try and keep positive. Trying to find inspirational stories like Seal UK artist, lupus as a child, awful scar aftermath, married model hedi klum, beautiful family, kids, voice, life.

I heard this other one about a man who was brutally burned in a plane crash, fell in love with a beautiful nurse, and they got married.

I guess, its been feeling quite hopeless, and lonely. I am just trying to give myself something to believe in and not let this ruin my life as it has definitely lowered my self esteem.

I promise you guys, if I make any sort of progress, I will not abandon here, and forget all you guys. If I find some cure or the slightest bit of success, I will share it with you. The hard part is that, everyone is different, risks are always involved in anything we do, and you just have to love yourself no matter what in the end.

Thank you guys for the responses and everyone for the support.