Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey everyone,

I had a great regimen going on that consisted of benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid. It worked great for months and my skin was clear and not oily. I loved it. About a week ago, my acne started cowing back. It's like my regimen has stopped working. I'm pretty upset about it. My acne is classified as very mild/mild, but it still bothers me a lot. I know that there are plenty of people with acne worse than mine and I am thankful that my acne is only mild. I guess it bothers me because that's the only thing I'm insecure about so all my 'insecure energy' is on that. Sorry for rambling haha.

Anyways, can someone explain why my regimen stopped working? My acne is in my t-zone.

My mom is going to call about more Isolaz treatments for me, but any advice til then since it will be a while?

Have you made any changes to your diet? Any lifestyle changes like starting an exercise program? Are you taking any medications? Have you recently started using a new product on your face? Any of these things can contribute to acne flare-ups, depending on the nature of the change and on your body's unique make-up.

Diet: The most recent diet was about two months ago when I started eating more so that I didn't lose weight. Stuff like Cheez-its.

Lifestyle changes: I've started doing some MMA sparring where I have borrowed headgear and got hit in the face. I enjoy sparring though. I'm not going to give that up cause of acne. Could it be a cause?

Medication: None

New products: None

Diet: The most recent diet was about two months ago when I started eating more so that I didn't lose weight. Stuff like Cheez-its.

Lifestyle changes: I've started doing some MMA sparring where I have borrowed headgear and got hit in the face. I enjoy sparring though. I'm not going to give that up cause of acne. Could it be a cause?

Medication: None

New products: None

Because bacteria thrive on sweaty skin, I think that if you clean your headgear before using it (even if it's your own) and wash your face promptly after your sparring match (is that the right terminology?), it should help a lot. If you're still noticing some breakouts, feel free to send me a private message and I'll give you some further advice. :)

There isn't really a way to clean it or anything, but I can make sure that I'm washing my face thoroughly after workouts. And yes you used good terminology. :)

Thank you so much. :) I appreciate it!