Notifications
Clear all

vaseline for popped pimples?

MemberMember
(@acnesucks33)

Posted : 04/08/2011 3:49 pm

i popped my pimple(didnt want to but i did ) now i have like a hole,can i put vaseline on it or something moist becuz ive read that you want to keep open wounds moist, so will vaseline work good for this?

MemberMember
(@almost-pretty)

Posted : 04/09/2011 1:57 pm

neo ointment will work better. its vaseline PLUS vitamin e and cocoa butter which will help it to not scar.

MemberMember
(@sima)

Posted : 04/10/2011 2:54 pm

Are you still taking Accutane? If so, I would suggest not touching your pimples anymore. Accutane slows the healing process and prolongs marks. If not, you still shouldn't be popping them. Neosporin will be fine. Apply it only on the mark. Please try not to pop anymore. The bacteria from that one zit can spread further and encourage new bacteria in the surrounding area to form.

MemberMember
(@omegaisjaded)

Posted : 04/11/2011 1:01 pm

Don't ever pop your zits, ever. Never.

I prefer neosporin and people also love polysporin, but vaseline is better than nothing. Just make sure it's the type WITHOUT menthol and is just 100% petroleum jelly. Cleanse the area and dry it before applying any of these.

MemberMember
(@seashell12)

Posted : 04/11/2011 1:06 pm

Use neosporin! it's amazing

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 08/12/2013 1:21 pm

Popped a pimple 3 hours ago. Applied topical antibiotic (stinging a lot).

Now washed my face with coal tar soap, and applied vaseline all over.

Trying this new routine. Including on the popped pimple.

We will see. I have a case of seb derm, so this might help. Nothing else really does.

Never put vaseline on a popped pimple before. We will see in the morning if that was the right move......