Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
green_beauty_geek

I don't understand the cause of my acne? :(

OMG. so i am a teenage girl, and i have tried everything from natural supplements to a perscribed medication cream from my doctor to drugstore brands. i tried proactiv once(which has its active ingredient benzoyl peroxide, when i was younger and my skin wasnt that bad. i actually used it for maybe about a year and from what i remember it helped a little. but my parents refuse to order anything for me online now....and also idk if it will work because my skin is alot more inflamed and sensitive than 3 years ago. :((.. god i just dont kno what to do anymore!! i am only 14 and for 2 years i have spent the majority of my time wasting my life sitting on the computer researching ways to get rid of my acne finding the same things that keep coming up i have tried.

supplements i have tried: multivitamins(i will still always be on a multivitamin, get mine from the healthfood store, on adult ones right now), flaxseed oil, milk thistle pill from newroots herbal, CHILLPILLS thinking my acne was caused by my anxiety problems(even tho the truth is my acne causes it=/), bell skin disorders(worked OK i might try it again), a pms pill for you kno womens needs.......... tried clean and clear, aveeno, body shop....lots of home remedies.

i try so hard not to cry everyday because of it. and my family doesnt help. i stress alot because they think its funny when they tease me about certain things but they rly dont kno it upsets me so much. i try to be a happy person but its so hard sometimes.

please help me i rly need some support. thank you.

Edited by green_beauty_geek

Have you tried looking into whether certain foods or habits trigger a reaction? Are you sleeping well? Are you drinking lots and lots of water?

I was in a similar situation and I was taking a lot of natural remedies but nothing helped. Then for me, I realize that the cause of my acne was dehydration. Water is what helps blood transport nutrients to different parts of your body, even your skin. I recommend drinking a lot of water everyday, preferably WARM water, even when you are not feeling thirsty. Take sips throughout your day and stay hydrated. Whenever you actually feel thirsty, know that your body has lost a considerable amount of water already. I like to add a small amount of honey to my water. It makes it sweet and honey contains healthy enzymes. Also, honey is good for your digestive tract. Even if dehydration isn't a cause of your acne, I still think drinking a lot of water through the day is good.

Exercise is also good. It makes your blood flow better and you sweat out any impurities in your system. Take a good warm shower afterwards!

Some other topical treatments help, too. Washing your regularly with a gentle cleanser to avoid clogged pores and keeping some tea tree oil handy as an antiseptic and spot treatment.

Nonetheless, the cause of acne is different for everyone. I know that not everyone suffers from acne for the same reasons. If nothing is working, try going to a dermatologist. Don't worry, you're going to be fine. I know people who suffer from acne and they are the most amazing people I know: they are so kind and beautiful. I'm sure you are, too. Don't let the acne get to you like this and try to stay positive!

OMG. so i am a teenage girl, and i have tried everything from natural supplements to a perscribed medication cream from my doctor to drugstore brands. i tried proactiv once(which has its active ingredient benzoyl peroxide, when i was younger and my skin wasnt that bad. i actually used it for maybe about a year and from what i remember it helped a little. but my parents refuse to order anything for me online now....and also idk if it will work because my skin is alot more inflamed and sensitive than 3 years ago. :((.. god i just dont kno what to do anymore!! i am only 14 and for 2 years i have spent the majority of my time wasting my life sitting on the computer researching ways to get rid of my acne finding the same things that keep coming up i have tried.

supplements i have tried: multivitamins(i will still always be on a multivitamin, get mine from the healthfood store, on adult ones right now), flaxseed oil, milk thistle pill from newroots herbal, CHILLPILLS thinking my acne was caused by my anxiety problems(even tho the truth is my acne causes it=/), bell skin disorders(worked OK i might try it again), a pms pill for you kno womens needs.......... tried clean and clear, aveeno, body shop....lots of home remedies.

i try so hard not to cry everyday because of it. and my family doesnt help. i stress alot because they think its funny when they tease me about certain things but they rly dont kno it upsets me so much. i try to be a happy person but its so hard sometimes.

please help me i rly need some support. thank you.

is your acne minor, moderate, severe? what type of acne, how long have you had it etc..

i mean, basically the medication, both oral and topical, is based on severity of the acne, type and if its moderate to severe, accutane is almost needed imo, because scarring afterwards is so hard to deal with.

a little more info would help, but in general, it completely depends on how severe your situation is.

in any even keep your head up, theres a ton of people dealing with the same issues, it just doesnt feel that way in your own small community im sure and thats whats the most discouraging i know..

if your acne is just mild, you'll grow out of it, if its moderate try some topicals and oral medications and see a derm.

theres no quick cure other than accutane, but that really is only for moderate to severe cases, but for less severe cases topicals and oral combinations do really help.

did you see a derm yet ?

Thanks for the helpful information.

And, my acne is moderate-severe. It's pretty bad on the cheeks even though I don't have as much active pimples there as I used to. And I would say I have moderate on my chin and forehead, I also am having some on my temple area and I have large pores/blackheads on my cheeks and nose. =/// .. I know, it sounds gross. But yeah..I have personally seen a lot worse so in a way I would consider myself lucky. ^-^ I try not to let it bother me.

Emmmm..yeah, I haven't seen a derm yet. My mom is afraid about the perscription meds, as they aren't very safe for your health and she prefers me to use natural supplements. I am also sensitive and don't know if my body would particularly agree to perscription meds like accutane and stuff along that line.

Edited by green_beauty_geek

ok listen--i have tried everything. EVERYTHING. i have had adult acne with cystic acne for years now but its gone now (KNOCK ON WOOD). my mom recommended i try this product she has been using from her dermatologist since she was in her twenties--i had no idea she even had adult acne--but she was like wow you really need to do something aobut your skin!! anyways its called PRASCION, u use it twice a day and a lotion that has the same ingredients during the day (i think it fights off the bacteria through out the day) now i am completely clear. my skin gets a little dry at times but i put on a little lotion and its not so bad. all i have to worry about is gettting rid of my scarring now. ive been using the stuff for like a couple weeks now and i saw improvement after day 3!!

Alright, nicoleh24. Thank you, but could you please give more information about this "Prascion"? Maybe the active ingredients or a link to more of the product info. Can I buy it in the store? How much? LOL, thx!

the product i would have to say i have had the most success with clearing my acne would have to be laneige multi cleanser. it worked to dry out of pimple scars and help take away the redness and was very effective with removing oil and dirt.....but eventually its effectiveness stopped and it just ended up drying out my skin. idk if it was just because it was the cold winter months or what.

but i noticed my skin has been horrible for the past week or so, so i tried the multi cleanser again(which hardly has any left in the tube, and my parents wont let me order online=( ) and it seemed to calm down all the oil and redness.:) best cleanser i have ever used. all the other ones do nothing or make the problem worse. definitely suggest laneige for people with mild-moderate acne...but mine is more severe than that . i am thinking of ordering the acne.org line for my bday(coming up in like a month) for extra help. i have heard rly good stuff about it so FINGERS CROSSED. and, there's a money back guarantee so woot woot ;)

In some jurisdictions denying a child proper medical care is grounds for child abuse. (I am not kidding). At the very least, your mother should let you see your family care provider.

Obviously neither you nor she have all the facts about accutane and other acne fighting medications. (Your acne may not even be severe enough for accutane and you might respond well to antibiotics).

It's obvious that whatever you are doing is not working, so maybe you should try a conventional medical approach.

Your mother will not have to live with your scars for the rest of your life, but you will. Beg, plead whatever to go see a physician.

Joe Zit

You need to see a Dermatologist. This is ridiculous. Your family should be supporting you, not ridiculing you - even or especially if they've never had acne themselves.

Go ahead and you yourself book an appointment with your doctor right now.

If you have severe acne, it must be effectively treated as soon as possible to minimise psychological and/or physical scarring.

Good luck.

Edited by biggs881