Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StaryNight

How To Deal with Acne While on a Trip?????!!!!!!!!!

Okay so I have acne prone skin, my skin has been really quite clear for a few weeks now because I medicate myself regularly and don't eat chips and popcorn and soda, but the medication stuff I use is very white, once every 2 nights I do a spot treatment then shower it off. If I don't medicate, I get acne and the ones I already have gets worse!

Now the problem is how do I do this if I'm going on a trip with people (sleeping in the same room with four people) its so embarrasing! Imagine my face with white spots before retiring to bed. My roomates are going to be like WTF?

And even if I try to hide it by being the last to go to bed obviously they will see it next morning, because some of them will wake up before me. And I have to go rinse the meds off right?

Suggestions? PLEASE

Its no shame in preventing acne. Just put it on, if they say anything, just point out that you have acne prone skin. There is nothing to be ashamed of. Be as comfortable as you are sharing this information with us, and share it with them

You could just not do it and try your best to not worry about or look at your face. I always find that whenever I'm going on a trip, I expect that because I'm not in my routine, my skin will suddenly go to hell. In reality, because I can't look at it as much or tend to it and just have a good time, it ends up not breaking out at all and surprising me.

Acne is so psychological!

You could just not do it and try your best to not worry about or look at your face. I always find that whenever I'm going on a trip, I expect that because I'm not in my routine, my skin will suddenly go to hell. In reality, because I can't look at it as much or tend to it and just have a good time, it ends up not breaking out at all and surprising me.

Acne is so psychological!

Yes I can relate to this fact. Whenever am out for2-3 days, I don't really care about acne medication and other stuff I just relax. I don't break out immediately. But yeah :( i break out in whiteheads after am back.

I'm going to a music festival in July which means three days camping. Perhaps unlikely that I will be able to have a proper wash or wash my hair. I certainly won't be able to stick to my routine.

But, I'm not stressing about it. I should be too busy enjoying the bands, enjoying the moment and enjoying the summer. Should be doing that regardless!

So not being able to stick with my routine might not be good, but I'll be far too busy to think about it, stress or pick etc.

It may well be the case that at the time it doesn't really make much difference - the key moment will be when I return home and face the mirror because I'd probably feel like I need to overcompensate for having not paid it any attention... :think:

Edited by PaulH85

I would tell my friends to suck it, but you could try a spot treatment that is not visible on the skin.

Edited by hockeymc16

We're all human and I'd say just do what you normally do. It'll probably start a conversation about what other people are dealing with. Everyone has something...if not now then later...so everyone has things they get anxious over when traveling with others. I travel sometimes with girlfriends and long ago we talked about our stuff so that now no one is surprised by wierd diets or lotions or pills we each take. Such a relief. You can be the first to start the conversation...and then relax and enjoy your trip!