Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well I'm about to start using Dan's BP treatment. I was just wondering since I've grown up with very holistic orientated parents, isn't the treatment just about getting rid of the symptoms? As far as I understand, it only works as long as you keep using it, so it isn't really a "cure"..

(Now that I don't appreciate the treatment!!). I'm going to use it mostly on my shoulders and breast. The problem is that I in my head it simply sounds too good to be true that there is on side effects. (I haven't found any really serious complains..? It also sounds like Dan has been using it for ages.) Here I've read about many people who has been using BP for years – but how can it be that the body doesn't react on the amount of chemicals that is being piled up? (Dan's regimen does require a pretty huge amount of BP daily..)

I'm not very happy about using chemicals on my breasts for a longer period, you hear so much about breast cancer in different contexts etc. I don't know what to think.. ))):

I read that you shouldn't use anything on your skin that you wouldn't eat (the skin absorbs/“eats†like 70 % of what is applied on it..)

I'm not criticizing the regimen, I just can't keep wondering about these things. D:

Hope some of you might have some answers.

I would love an answer to this question as well.

I have been raised in an organic-consuming household and the idea of putting chemicals on my skin doesn't strike me as the greatest thing to do.

I went online and asked a proactive consultant (via live chat) what kind of effects long term BP usage will have on my skin. She replied with a stilted answer that sounded like she copied out of of the Proactive Book of Live Chat Replies.

So no answer there. But can anyone tell me, or does anyone know, if I use BP for say the next couple of years, what will it do to my skin when I turn 50? Am I sacrificing my skin in the long run because I'm putting all these chemicals into it now?

Well I'm about to start using Dan's BP treatment. I was just wondering since I've grown up with very holistic orientated parents, isn't the treatment just about getting rid of the symptoms? As far as I understand, it only works as long as you keep using it, so it isn't really a "cure"..

(Now that I don't appreciate the treatment!!). I'm going to use it mostly on my shoulders and breast. The problem is that I in my head it simply sounds too good to be true that there is on side effects. (I haven't found any really serious complains..? It also sounds like Dan has been using it for ages.) Here I've read about many people who has been using BP for years – but how can it be that the body doesn't react on the amount of chemicals that is being piled up? (Dan's regimen does require a pretty huge amount of BP daily..)

I'm not very happy about using chemicals on my breasts for a longer period, you hear so much about breast cancer in different contexts etc. I don't know what to think.. ))):

I read that you shouldn't use anything on your skin that you wouldn't eat (the skin absorbs/“eats” like 70 % of what is applied on it..)

I'm not criticizing the regimen, I just can't keep wondering about these things. D:

Hi there,

I can't say I have the answer, however, I can say that I completely understand where you are coming from. I haven't started the regimen yet for the exact same reasons as you. You are what you eat, and your skin, literally, is what you put on it! It's always best to feed your skin with natural ingredients that your skin needs to stay healthy. Unfortunately, even with going the natural route, we still get acne. From the research I've done, it's mainly because of hormones or any type of allergies. (food, environmental, chemical, etc...)

Anyway, I'm uncomfortable putting so much BP on my skin knowing that my skin will be irritated and red. I will continue looking for other products for my skin, but if I have no luck, I might just have to try this regimen. I was mainly looking for a regimen for "maintenance" for my skin. Maybe check out Arbonne's clear advantage system. If you're looking for all natural then that's your best bet, for sure. It doesn't come any more natural than that. I would say, however, that if your acne is more on the moderate to severe side, Dan's regimen would probably work better for you because of how effective BP is.

Good luck and let me know if you've found any helpful or resourceful information regarding your concern.

I read that you shouldn't use anything on your skin that you wouldn't eat (the skin absorbs/“eats” like 70 % of what is applied on it..)

Also,

In regards to this regimen curing your acne from the inside out, you're right about that not being the case. Anyone who uses topical gels, creams, face-washes, etc...without really discovering what the problem is from within, then the external products usually only work while you are using them. Finding the problem for my acne from the inside out is something that I devoted a few years to doing. And while I can't say it's cured my acne completely, it has helped my acne TREMENDOUSLY. I've figured out what foods triggor my acne more than others, I've figured out how to handle my stress better, I don't drink as much caffeine, things like that etc...cleaning out your body from the inside out is a process that doesn't just happen overnight, and it takes a lot of patience, research and doctors visits. Acne regimens are usually a temporary quick fix to the problem. (Not that it's a bad thing).

Anyway, just wanted to add that in.

Currently, there is no cure for acne. Anything you use is going to treat the symptoms, for the most part, until your skin stops being acne prone.

As for bp side effects, they are very well known. The most common are dryness, redness, flaking, itching. They usually go away after your skin gets accustomed to it.

Currently, there is no cure for acne. Anything you use is going to treat the symptoms, for the most part, until your skin stops being acne prone.

As for bp side effects, they are very well known. The most common are dryness, redness, flaking, itching. They usually go away after your skin gets accustomed to it.

The 'no cure for acne' thing is really frustrating and it's mind boggling how after so long, no one can figure out exactly what it is. All I know is that eating, exercising, and staying out of the sun have really worked miracles for my skin. It's those last few pimples that linger around that I really want to take care of. I want to use the PB, but I'm afraid my face will peel and itch badly. Do you think it is to my advantage that I already use a medicated BP face-wash? Meaning, that I won't have as much irritation? Obviously you don't have the answer to that, but I was wondering if you'd have any thoughts on that...?

Thanks.

I've been using Dan's BP for over a year. He says to use three pumps, I only use one during the day and two at night before bed. During the day I also use Vasaline lotion with B5 added. I honeslty do not need the lotion but its more for repair and to help get rid of the redness, but the BP does work and you MUST use it everyday. If you forget one day then just get back on schedule and you'll be fine. Its not a CURE, but it will clear you up. I use it and I know it works. Just be careful about the face wash you use, don't want something clogging your pores and the BP not getting absorbed. Its great stuff, it does work and I have had NO side effects to speak of. I will continue to use it.

Keep in mind that not to touch your face, no picking, try not to even scratch your face, this just creates cuts on your face for the acne to grow. Its tough to remember all this stuff, but I'm really delicate with my face, no one can touch my face and I am really careful about what I put on my face. Use sunscreen when you know that your going to be in the sun. I only use non pore clogging sunscreen, you can get it at Walmart. This site has an abundance of information, I personally have been dealing with breakouts since I was 11 yrs old. I have tried just about everything, this BP does the trick for me. I have gotten alot of ideas from this site, do some research and you'll eventually find something that works for you. I do recommend trying the BP though!!

Edited by Robert1980