Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scar_Tissue

Somebody thinks your perfect

Last night I was with a guy i've been seeing for a while, we all were trying the new beer bong I bought. Then me and him went to my room, ...in the heat of the moment I just blurted out "tell me what you like about me"

His response:

"where do I start?"

he started off with physical things about me then my personality.

I was beaming :D

then he said I was perfect, and that he wouldn't change a thing.

huh?

This caught me off guard.

I still get acne on my back, some on my chest and face. The skintone is uneven, and I have acne face scars.

I wish I had bigger boobs, and was a little taller and more toned in the stomach.

I'd change that.

but he wouldn't. He didn't see the flaws I saw in myself.

I wanted to cry, after the shit I went through with moderate to severe acne in my younger years I never imagined I'd be flawless to somebody else.

or maybe he didn't name off the things he would change to ruin the moment...but, i'd like to think what I stated above still stands. :)

Awesome!

Congrats OP. Make sure he means it and its not an attempt to fuck you and exploit low self esteem. Some guys are awful. Not to be negative. Just be cautious.

Congrats again. Someone thinks your beautiful. :D

Aw, that is wonderful. =) I am more inclined to go with what you assumed...that he really does see you that way.

It can be mind-blowing, but love does things like that. Enjoy it and never take it for granted. I know I don't. :wub:

From a guy's perspective, and with my train wreck of an almost marriage - really severe and inflamed acne can ruin my attraction - its not something I can help. But if a pretty girl has bad skin in general I find it kinda cute - idk why but imperfection and deviation from the typical barbie doll hotness gets me going. Especially If I was in a relationship, and the girl was pretty, loving, loyal, and honest; i would probably tolerate much worse imperfections than acne.

Oh... doesn't that sound so good to ears, actually too good to blv?

My boy friend too sometimes says things like this but then I get angry at him tell him to shut up.

I know he loves me ... so next time I will blv him , coz I might be perfect for him (blush):)

Careful OP... he may just be trying to dip his celery stick in your punani
Edited by biggs881

haha, I don't think he said it to just dip his stick.

We do it quite often, that we're past the point of flattery. He tells me im pretty all the time :) But this is the first time I ever heard somebody call me perfect, tho he was drunk, I know he was being honest.

Wonderful!

I reckon you'd have figured out if he had an alterior motive. Even if you were totally bowled over by what he said, you'd have still caught him out if it didn't ring true.

Plus, the fact that he said it for no reason other than because he wanted to share how he felt is great. Sounds like a keeper! ;)

The question is OP... did he google your yahoo that night after he said it? If so, then he may have been after only one thing...

if you catch my drift...

if you know what i'm... talking... about? wink wink?

se-

sex...

i'm talking about sex...

Edited by jamesy90

haha, I don't think he said it to just dip his stick.

We do it quite often, that we're past the point of flattery. He tells me im pretty all the time :) But this is the first time I ever heard somebody call me perfect, tho he was drunk, I know he was being honest.

lol good stuff.

I would almost challenge your assertion Cello...

You can love the person in spite of their imperfections and even at times, not see them. I agree with that, but where we differ is loving their faults...bad traits about them. Because by accepting them you don't want them to ever self-improve, and I think that's an important concept in life to an individual and in a relationship...to always have it growing and building upon itself.

You can love the person in spite of their imperfections and even at times, not see them. I agree with that, but where we differ is loving their faults...bad traits about them. Because by accepting them you don't want them to ever self-improve, and I think that's an important concept in life to an individual and in a relationship...to always have it growing and building upon itself.

Couldn't of said it better - I made the mistake of loving despite imperfections that I should never have tolerated (character related not physical). Had I accepted like you say, and not went into denial about them and loved despite, I could have maybe saved 3 years of my life - a much more mature and realistic approach to a relationship

again well said (:

The question is OP... did he google your yahoo that night after he said it? If so, then he may have been after only one thing...

if you catch my drift...

if you know what i'm... talking... about? wink wink?

se-

sex...

i'm talking about sex...

ok first of all.

i was confused by the term google yahoo.

then i got it.

anyway! we were already googling the internet all over. so what he says is pretty irrelevant. Why lie when you can say nothing at all.

Couldn't of said it better - I made the mistake of loving despite imperfections that I should never have tolerated (character related not physical). Had I accepted like you say, and not went into denial about them and loved despite, I could have maybe saved 3 years of my life - a much more mature and realistic approach to a relationship

again well said (:

I agree. I too have made the mistake in loving somebody with huge character flaws that I overlooked on purpose. But it made me grow and learn as a person, entering the world of romance finally haha

again well said (:

I agree. I too have made the mistake in loving somebody with huge character flaws that I overlooked on purpose. But it made me grow and learn as a person, entering the world of romance finally haha

haha yeah If I look as all my relationship mistakes, as a learning experience, I'm an expert in romance ;]

In my personal opinion,

girls give *it* up too easy these days (in general). This is not directed at you, but it always annoys me how a girl falls for some jerk, and the minute he stops treating her like crap she lets him take her pants off. Meanwhile, she ignores the nice guy. Then after the jerk uses and dumps her, she complains that there aren't any nice guys left... so she calls you up in the middle of the night crying her eyes out when she knows you wake up early for work the next day, and then when you tell her you need to sleep she gets angry, drives over to your house at 4 in the morning and tosses egg-salad through your window, and tells all your friends that you made out with Fat Betty when you were drunk on your 17th birthday!!!...

I mean...

I've said too much.

I once told an ugly fat girl she was perfect. She gave me a cupcake the next day.

Story of my life.

In my personal opinion,

girls give *it* up too easy these days (in general). This is not directed at you, but it always annoys me how a girl falls for some jerk, and the minute he stops treating her like crap she lets him take her pants off. Meanwhile, she ignores the nice guy. Then after the jerk uses and dumps her, she complains that there aren't any nice guys left... so she calls you up in the middle of the night crying her eyes out when she knows you wake up early for work the next day, and then when you tell her you need to sleep she gets angry, drives over to your house at 4 in the morning and tosses egg-salad through your window, and tells all your friends that you made out with Fat Betty when you were drunk on your 17th birthday!!!...

I mean...

I've said too much.

I was abstinent for 18 years and fell for a jerk.

It took me a year to figure out he didn't deserve me. Now I'm with somebody that tells me I'm pretty everyday :) who made me breakfast....that gave me food poisoning...

that girl sounds crazy. happy 17th lol

Hey! I loved your post! Because yes I have had my ex's tell me that as well...and now I see it. I am self conscious...but they see through it. You are perfect! I suffer from what your talking about and I can totally relate. Some spots on my back and chest...and face uneven yadayaaa. It will heal in time babes, were in this together!

And I have small boobs too ha. But I like it, we can wear any top we want! And when we heal we can put on those little tub tops with no bra...I miss wearing them :cry:

I live 10 minutes from the beach and it gets really warm here, I live in a beach town, which makes things worse. And I work part time at a gym! Ahhhh everywhere I look there's perfect skin! But I have faith, I will beat this, it keeps me more empathetic to people, and I am open to talking about my skin problems. Most people don't notice I have a problem because you can cover your back and chest with shirts and makeup...but when it hurts to smile, its a reminder that there THERE.

;)

ps- In my town THERE ARE NO NICE GUYS. That's why I have been single for 23 years. And I unfortunately don't give it up, whats the damn point(unless in a relationship, guys are too easy). Being desired is good enough, if not better. It's more of a powerful feeling to know a guy wants you, but you are in control of the situation to say "nahh". He'll say anything to sleep next to you. Yea even if you have pimples. Horn dogs. period.

I was abstinent for 18 years and fell for a jerk.

It took me a year to figure out he didn't deserve me. Now I'm with somebody that tells me I'm pretty everyday :) who made me breakfast....that gave me food poisoning...

that girl sounds crazy. happy 17th lol

Sorry I had to laugh, it says you're 19 on your profile, so you had been abstaining from sex since birth? :surprised:

Since birth. I have been single for 23 years. And I am 23 years old. ha, it just sounds better. :cool:

Haha interesting^

As far as somebody thinking you're perfect is pushin' it but there most likely is someone out there who will like you for you