Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
White Pearl

Should I have started using Epiduo? I'm getting rashes, red and very irritated skin ...

Hi! I'm a thirteen year old girl who has very mild acne. I don't want to offend anyone who has worse acne than me.

For a week or so ago, my acne really was on my nerves, so I went to the doctor with my mom and got something called Epiduo. In the beginning, it didn't irritate my skin, and the side effects didn't show. But a few days after, I woke up with rashes around my chin. My skin hurts a lot if I yawn or scratch anywhere on my face ... I don't know what to do. I know it works when it hurts, but this is unbearable. Anyone who tried something like this before? Advice?

Somehow I wish I hadn't started using it. My acne is far from even moderate

Here are some pictures. Zoom in on the picture of my chin, then you can see how the rashes look ... it bothers me how it looks so neutral on the computer. In real life it's worse

xp4fw3.jpg

15qc1z5.jpg

Edited by White Pearl

I tried epiduo. It's what was laying around the doctor's office and he just gave me a box of the samples. It did nothing for my acne, might have made it worse actually. Skin felt sunburnt all day and was really irritated. I suggest discontinuing use.

STOP using Epiduo, your getting an allergic reaction from it. From my experience of using Epiduo, I got the same reaction as you and it sucked; turns out I'm allergic to benzoyl peroxide. My face got red, itchy, inflamed, and swollen, it felt like a bad sunburn! A few days after stopping it, the inflammation went down and what was left was the sahara desert; my face was dry and flaky, so I packed on some "cetaphil daily facial moisturizer spf15" every night and morning until it healed. It took my face about a week to get back to its normal state. In the mean time, I suggest you wash your face with cool water and ice it every so often, to keep the swelling down, then when your face is less sensitive, pack on that moisturizer! Good luck :)