Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
danxiel

Blackheads or Sebaceous Filaments?

Hi, I have had these on my nose for I don't even know how long..

I cleanse and moisturize twice a day. I exfoliate once a week.

I have zero to minimal acne on any other part of my skin.

I am very confused as to what these are? Are they blackheads and can I remove them?

I have tried pore strips once (yes I know they are bad for the skin) and they seemed to remove a fair bit of gunk but they did not change the appearance of my nose whatsoever.

Any ideas?

post-148571-1302251152_thumb.jpg

post-148571-1302251152_thumb.jpg

Edited by danxiel

mine look almost identical to that, those are sebaceous

nothing comes out when u squeese ur nose rite? they just get a bit larger and kinda grow like hairs

i cant get rid of em no matter what

I agree that these also look like sebaceous filaments. They're dark just because of contact with oxygen. Unfortunately I've heard pore strips are ineffective -- these come back no matter what.

I also have some of these on my nose, and I found that washing with 2.5% BP cleanser and following with non-comedogenic lotion really reduces the size and appearance of them. However, they're still there. Completely normal, so don't be too upset! Everyone's got them.

Good luck!

They look like sebaceous filaments to me. I have them too - on my cheeks & chin as well. I've literally tried everything for them, even buying an expensive facial-cleansing brush (Clarisonic). I finally found something that reduces the appearance, by a LOT, and is far less expensive than the products I've tried in the past. They're those Stridex Alcohol-Free Maximum Strength Pads (the ones in a red box that contain Salicylic Acid). You can find them at any drugstore. I've only been using them for 1-2 weeks. I usually tear the pad in half, so they last forever, & then I swipe the half down my T-zone (my cheeks are too sensitive) every night before bed. Here's a helpful article on sebaceous filaments:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5...ads.html?cat=69

Good luck! :)

Hey buddy, I don't think a cleanser will do you any good, because it won't be absorbed into your pores - but as the pores on your nose have a high retention - a BP, or SA cream/gel will likely penetrate and have a strong effect at drying/breaking these up - do not apply any of this to the rest of your face as its not needed. Also try a sulfur mask on your nosetwice a week and see how that helps. And again your skin looks very healthy, as your pores have high retention I'm not moisturizing in this situation, you don't need anything extra in those pores

gl