Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TDNB

Wanna look my best for my 21st birthday!!

My 21st birthday is coming up in a few months and I want to get rid of my redness!!

The actual acne isn't horrible, maybe 1-2 new occurrences/week.

I've had the same marks on my face for literally a year or two (fading very slowly).

The worst of it is my upper cheek area which has reddish hyperpigmentation and "pits" and uneven skin/large pores.

I want to be 100% mark free by my birthday.

That's my goal and whoever helps me will probably go straight to heaven!

Would you guys recommend a chemical peel, AHA lotion/cleanser, or some light therapy?

I need something effective and fast acting but don't want artificial crap either.

Even skin and no redness/brownness is all i ask.

Any tips?

Thanks so much!!

all of those would be a good option for you. since you dont have much time, id say use an alpha hydroxy acid of 10 percent, but make sure your skin can handle it.

if i were doing a peel, i would start glycolic a week after using the alpha hydrox lotion,

i would do about a 30 percent peel, then work my way up leaving it on longer every 2 weeks.

i also heard turmeric is good, but i have no experenicen in that

good luck

Thanks.

So I take it i shouldn't use the peel and 10% AHA at the same time?

I found this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000PNTQW...=A383KQD0LPB9EV

It's Lactic Acid (35%) & Glycolic Acid (25%) all in one.

Supposed to be more gentle.

I was thinking I could do the AHA enhanced lotion (alpha hydrox) for a month to get my skin prepared.

Then do the peels every week (or 2?) until i get the results I want.

Meanwhile, should I stop using any treatments for existing acne?

This sounds just like me! My 21st birthday was in February, and like you, my goal was to have near perfect skin by then! My acne is mild, mainly non inflammatory but the marks left from the year of hell ( breakouts all year which I never experienced before) was killing my confidence. I decided to go to an esthiticion 3 weeks before my birthday and get a medium depth peel, extractions, and microderm to help. Sadly, the medium depth peel peeled only a bit of the redness off, and I actually think I purged a bit because of all the stuff she was doing. Which is good to get everything out...but right before my birthday=bad idea. In the end, I didnt even go out for my birthday because I didnt feel confident, and I was too upset. Im still working on the marks... :( Luckily you have a few months, so I think your good! I reccomend doing some chemical peels deffinitely because I feel that is the fastest way. I just ordered a 55% lactic acid peel and recieved it 2 days ago. Will see how that goes!

This sounds just like me! My 21st birthday was in February, and like you, my goal was to have near perfect skin by then! My acne is mild, mainly non inflammatory but the marks left from the year of hell ( breakouts all year which I never experienced before) was killing my confidence. I decided to go to an esthiticion 3 weeks before my birthday and get a medium depth peel, extractions, and microderm to help. Sadly, the medium depth peel peeled only a bit of the redness off, and I actually think I purged a bit because of all the stuff she was doing. Which is good to get everything out...but right before my birthday=bad idea. In the end, I didnt even go out for my birthday because I didnt feel confident, and I was too upset. Im still working on the marks... :( Luckily you have a few months, so I think your good! I reccomend doing some chemical peels deffinitely because I feel that is the fastest way. I just ordered a 55% lactic acid peel and recieved it 2 days ago. Will see how that goes!

Sorry to hear that! Next year will be much better :surprised:

I want to do a peel as a last resort. So I was thinking I could try AHA lotions for now and if I don't get results in a month or 2 then I could try the peels.

How long should I set aside for the peel? Would 2 weeks before the big day be sufficient? Or a month?

I guess it depends on how many I do. I doubt i'd do more than 3 in a row.

How about 1 every week for 3 weeks then a week to recover?

Let us know how the peel goes!

Edited by TDNB