Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

dead pimples

Guest Timehealsall

So i know that if a pimple stays inflamed one your face for quite some time, it can cause scarring.

My main question now, however, is that does this apply to dead pimples as well?

It seems a lot of my pustules dry up or become "dead" within 4-5 days, but they stay on my face for 1 and half to 2 weeks, kind of dead.

When i mean dead, i mean that there is like no redness, and just dead dry skin waiting to fall off. I dont really try to intentionnaly rub the dead skin off my face, but sometimes when i am washing it comes off.

If a pimple stays on your face for a while, but it is a dead pimple, can this cause scarring?

thanks

Guest Timehealsall
let it fall off on it's own because picking it CAN cause scarring.

thanks for the response.

Once again, i never ever pick at my pimples, ever.

My question is, however, sometimes when i am using a cleaner or rubbing dead skin off of my face, the dead dried up pimples sort of fall of, but it falls off pretty easily. Does that mean that the pimple was basically ready to go?

Guest Bloody Corpse Deamonn duh

if its dried up n scab like u can just rub it off, like it would come off itself but ur just helping it a bit to get it off finally, just make sure u dont need to tear apart anything n that it comes off easily, then its k

Guest Timehealsall
if its dried up n scab like u can just rub it off, like it would come off itself but ur just helping it a bit to get it off finally, just make sure u dont need to tear apart anything n that it comes off easily, then its k

yes usually if you rub it off, it comes off easily.

How would i know if i am "tearing" it apart? What are the signs of this?

thanks

You'd feel it pull at the skin, and pull off some skin! been there done that. Only cos the scab was already half falling off and I had to pull it off unless I wanted a scab hanging on my face.

Guest Timehealsall
You'd feel it pull at the skin, and pull off some skin! been there done that. Only cos the scab was already half falling off and I had to pull it off unless I wanted a scab hanging on my face.

did the pimple rescab? Did the pimple leave a scar (PITTED SCAR)?

So bascially, if you pulled a scab off PREMATURELY, it would hurt? Would there be any bleeding?

When you say you would pull off some skin, do you mean HEALTHY skin, or the dead skin that is on top of the pimple? I am little bit confused... just want to know if my pimples are coming off properly... or scarring..

If its dead skin, it will just come off. With no pain.

If its still attached to your face, then it is still healthy skin, and it will hurt if you rip it off.

How do you know when it scars?

It leaves a scar. Thats how you know.

Mm I don't really know the specifics haha but it shouldn't bleed, mine don't anyway. Plus if you don't HAVE to take the scab off, don't! Just leave it be it'll come off on it's own.

Guest Timehealsall
Mm I don't really know the specifics haha but it shouldn't bleed, mine don't anyway. Plus if you don't HAVE to take the scab off, don't! Just leave it be it'll come off on it's own.

Once again, i never "take" the scab off.

Like i said, my pimples that dry up NEVER just fall off, you have to kind of rub them off (let me explain this part).

for example, lets say a pimple on my forehead dried up and has turned dead.

When i am cleansing my face.. and i massage the cleanser or rub the cleanser over the pimple, it sort of comes off easily, and usually i do not feel any pain. However, i remember one time, a few months ago, one of my BIG pimples turned into this dry big dead skin pimple. And it stayed there for like a month and half.

After a month and a half, it looked like it was ready to fall off, so i kind of gently rubbed in a circular motion on top of it, and then it fell off. BUT, it hurt slightly for like half a second when it fell off. the thing is, i am not sure if it left a scar because the pigmentation is still there, and the area looks kind of wavy. I showed my derm, and he said its just a healing pimple... i dont know if its a scar.

anyone ever got this? Where there pigmentation isnt exactly flat, but it isnt fully raised.. its sort of wavyish?

Guest Timehealsall
If its dead skin, it will just come off. With no pain.

If its still attached to your face, then it is still healthy skin, and it will hurt if you rip it off.

How do you know when it scars?

It leaves a scar. Thats how you know.

Regarding this, i am a bit confused. Ok so lets say the pimple turns into a dead pimple, and it comes off. Well lets say the skin that came off with it was HEALTHY SKIN. My question is, if you did indeed rip off healthy skin, would the scar form AS soon as the scab fell off, or would the pimple had to rescab and then a scab would form?

Most of the times, when my pustules dry up and turn dead, and when they sort of fall off or peel off, what is left is PIH. If that is the case, does that mean the pimple was "ready" to go?

Once again, i dont RIP at these dead pimples, all i do is massage over them (i.e. applying cleanser, moisturizer,benzoyl peroxide), and sometimes, rubbing dead skin off of them (caused by benzoyl peroxide). i just dont know if i am causing damage or what.. i honestly dont fking know

Guest Timehealsall

this is how i rub/massage my face, and how i rub dead skin that benzoyl peroxide causes on my face.

iF I RUB like this over dead pimples, can it prematurly cause them to fall off and scar?

I probably rub/massage a little bit harder than how he does it, like maybe 2x times more pressure (I DONT REALLY PUSH down on my face with my hands, i just use a little bit more pressure)

I would love honest opinions

Guest Timehealsall

BUMP...

Come on, someone has to have an opinion on this..

Yes, I have an opinion. You're obsessing ridiculously.

i just looked at the video the OP posted. I rub my face very similar to those videos, is that not a good thing? Rubbing increases blood circulation and all that. Is it fine to do it if you have pimples?

Sorry o.p, i do not know the answer to your question