Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vance_J

EXTREME BACK ACNE

Hey, That is quite bad to be honest but maybe you could use Apple Cider Vinegar on your back, I use it on mine and it has cleared loads. Go have a read og the thread on ACV and see what you think. x

have you tried using a 2% salicylic acid toner on your back? It's easy, and very effective - buy a cheap drugstore one (biore is solid) pour it into a spray bottle and douse your back when you get out of the shower.

Always wash your back after shampooing/conditioning and don't use any goofy 'body washes' - no fragranced or moisturizing ones, ya know. Use real soap if you have soft water, dove bar if you don't.

while you do have quite a bit of acne, it doesn't look nodular or cystic, you can beat this! =]

No topical is going to work for that. I strongly recommend fish oil for that - mine wasn't as bad as that, but it completely cleared mine. If fish oil does not work, your best bet is probably accutane

really accutane is the best option. yes, there are side effects. yes, it takes a long time. but if you can get through the first couple months, its all improvement and much should be permanent.

I'm sorry you're struggling with this problem. I, too, have back acne. I've gotten rid of most of it, but still haven't gotten to the point where I'm completely clear. Have you tried 10% benzoyl peroxide? It can be drying to the skin at first, but it works really good! I used Dr. Sheffield's bp in the past, but I've been using Oxy's fash wash with 10% bp on my back for the past couple months. I use it in the shower, so I can easily wash it off. You could try that along with Neutrogena Body Wash or Body Scrub. Both of those contain 2% salicylic acid. Something that really worked for me was baking soda. I made up a baking soda paste and applied it to my back (it's much easier to apply if you have someone help you, but it's still possible to apply by yourself). I always put it on pretty thick, left it on for ten to twenty minutes, and then took a shower and washed it off. These things have worked great for me, so maybe you could give them a try? I hope you find something that works for you!