Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HiImMatt

Does your family understand you?

I have very severe acne, So its hard for me to do certain thing such as go out, get a girl, job, etc..And i wish my family would understand this already....I've had it for almost 4 years and they still dont get it. I've told them countless times how hard it is but they still keep going on about how i should go out and do things, And talk to people. I know there just trying to help but they have no idea how hard it is being in my shoes, I just wish they would listen for once and understand my feelings. So how about it, is it the same for you? Does your family understand you?

My acne story: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Severe-ac...ry-t287396.html

Edited by HiImMatt

My family was sort of the same way. There answer anytime I explained my problems was pretty much to "go to the derm". Nothing worse than hearing that...... Especially when you try to talk to your derm and all they say is blah blah blah 100mg of so and so, see you in 3 months. :naughty:

Sometimes its not about your family understanding your situation but just having someone to listen. We can't really expect them to understand something they have really never gone through. Just like if you're skinny and know someone overweight. Often times, you think as a skinny person, just exercise and eat differently. Its not always that easy.... Same with acne. So, that's what you have us here for. We listen AND understand.

Guest Bloody Corpse Deamonn duh

lol yea u remind me how dense my parents r, i had acne for almost twice as much time u do n they still dont get it, y i dont go out n do stuff i used to anymore, y i rage, y i do diff shit etc, y im so angsty, depresive, weird etc etc, they sooo stubborn and deense :doh: ive explained them million times everything etc etc but they r like cabbage heads srsly :mad:

and PFFFFT dad still thinks he can tell me: dun worry, ull outgrow it later, appereance doesnt matter u need to be good person BLAH BLAH >:PPPPP

fuking puts me into raage :mad: like dad u told me that like 7 yrs ago, allways so laidback pffft, i dont care bout no fuking LATER duh :mad:

I have very severe acne, So its hard for me to do certain thing such as go out, get a girl, job, etc..And i wish my family would understand this already....I've had it for almost 4 years and they still dont get it. I've told them countless times how hard it is but they still keep going on about how i should go out and do things, And talk to people. I know there just trying to help but they have no idea how hard it is being in my shoes, I just wish they would listen for once and understand my feelings. So how about it, is it the same for you? Does your family understand you?

My acne story: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Severe-ac...ry-t287396.html

I know where you are coming from. Some times it seems people tell you anything without thinking about it. There is nothing wrong with people here, its other people that have the problems you didn't ask for this condition, the reason i say this is becuase when a family member tells you to try harder to meet/talk to people, They don't relize that people judge on apperances and treat you accordingly. I wish everybody in the world had acne then they would know how it feels!

My family doesn't get it. They think that I want to stay in my house all the time and hide from the world. They also think my depression is from something other than my face. I try and try and try to tell them once i get on tane and my skin becomes at least manageable.... things will drastically change. They don't believe me.

Do you always get the 'it'll clear up some day?' soooo annoying! My mum objected to me going to the derm and still says today that she doesn't like me on all the medication that I am on, but I still went and refuse to stop my treatment. Noone ever understands what you are going through unless they have been through it themselves. My boyfriend even gets annoyed with me when I have a bad day and moan about my skin but I understand that because he is the only one I talk to now because my family don't understand.

Mind you, it's probably for the best that our families don't understand (my grandad used to scoure my aunties forehead to try "help" her, ouchies!)