Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jonny_5

Initial Breakout this late in the game?

So I've been on amnesteem for about a month in a half now and before that I was on doxy that got me clear prior to taking amnesteem, anyways, within the past week I got 1 new pimple which I haven't had in over a month and 1 was no big deal but each day that went by I got another, right now I have about 5 new ones and I am starting to feel a little devasted.. I mean I had pretty clear skin for about 3 months and as any of you know having clear skin is a godsend, I had my confidence back and I was honestly living my life to its fullest with which I felt no restrictions... now I look in the mirror and see them and it just takes me back to 4 months ago, not a fun place...anyways, my point is, can this be my initial outbreak that I never got in the beginning? As stupid as it was I continued taking doxy for a good 20 days along with amnesteem in the beginning so maybe doxy prolonged my initial outbreak. Any of you experience your initial outbreak 1 1/2 months into it or later?

Yes approximately 6 weeks and my derm did something weird... has me on 60mg, but where I take (2) 40mg pills in 1 day and only 1 the next and repeat the rest of the month. My pharmacist did not understand and prescribed me less pills therefore I’ll be only on 40mg for the next 2 weeks.

That's all fine.

Only worry if you are still breaking out 4 months after your first pill. Until then, pimples are common.

Edited by jimmy188

I wasn't hoping to hear that but we don't always get to hear what we want. I did start taking doxy again about 4 days ago to try to contain the breakouts so I hope I can see the difference soon.