Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ivy.

My pimples don't actually come to a head?

So, my pimples are usually the size of an eraser on a pencil and they don't come to a head at all.

When I put BP on them, they take a long time to go away and just sort of sink back into my skin and leave a nice PIH mark.

What sort of acne is this? is it better if they don't pop and just sink back in or what.

:(

nodule or cyst. idk(im no doctor lol)... i searched them on google to see what they look like but they look alike :l .... um u could try searching them urself to see if thats what it looks like ....?

I couldn't tell you what type it is, but I have experienced things like this in the past.

I can't completely trash BP, as it works for many people, but for me it left darker red marks behind as well. I always found that tea tree oil,like in Desert Essence spot treatment or Burts Bees, worked more gently. Sulfur is also a nice option.

For big under the skin bumps I used to think a really rigorous regimen was needed, but then I discovered gentle was a way better route to go. Seemed counter intuitive at first, but it's worth a shot.

For redness and inflammation turmeric is becoming the "it" item. Just mix with a bit of yogurt with it and use it as a mask or spot treatment. It leaves your skin a bit yellow for the rest of the day, though. Icing the lumps with a paper towel wrapped ice cube also helps with the swelling. Some people steam their face to heal the lumps faster, but others stay away from broken capillary risk.It's up to you. I personally feel the occasional steaming is harmless...

Guest Timehealsall

yea ive heard about tumeric as a spot treatment.

I wonder, however, if you can only mix the tumeric with yogurt, or can you just mix it with water and than use it as a spot treatment?

I wonder, however, if you can only mix the tumeric with yogurt, or can you just mix it with water and than use it as a spot treatment?

yeah u can mix it with water.... also with milk if u'd like

Guest Timehealsall

do you get an all organic tumeric?

do you get an all organic tumeric?

organic turmeric would be nice but i haven't come across any :( so far i've been using McCormick's and its done its job :) ....

yeah tumeric seems to be of great use, according to people (I've never used it, but am looking into it). How exactly does the tumeric work though? And is it effective in PREVENTING marks as well as fading them away after breakouts?

I'm asking because I'm just starting to get into using organic stuff, i.e lemon juice, tea tree oik (proper) etc.

Guest Timehealsall

is tumeric more effective in getting rid of active lesions/pustules, or preventing them?

Does it get rid of pimples better/faster than benzoyl peroxide?

Where can i buy it from? Any indian store?

yeah tumeric seems to be of great use, according to people (I've never used it, but am looking into it). How exactly does the tumeric work though? And is it effective in PREVENTING marks as well as fading them away after breakouts?

I'm asking because I'm just starting to get into using organic stuff, i.e lemon juice, tea tree oik (proper) etc.

idk if it prevents marks... theres a lot of factors when it comes to scarring:( .. anyway just make it into a paste.. and leave for like 15 min or so afterwards wash it off. i like to use a baking soda paste (b.soda & water) afterwards to take off any yellow staining the turmeric might leave behind as well as help dry out any exisiting acne...i leave the baking soda on for another 15 min... another bonus is that baking soda helps lighten the skin therefore helps with removing scars quicker ( i personally believe so) after all that just make sure to moisturize with something non-clogging.... btw i wash my face with a cleaner before using turmeric and baking soda.. you know to get rid of the day's oiliness and my make up ;)

is tumeric more effective in getting rid of active lesions/pustules, or preventing them?

Does it get rid of pimples better/faster than benzoyl peroxide?

Where can i buy it from? Any indian store?

i would say both... haven't had any more acne delvelop (the only time i got some was after i went tanning at the beach for like 3 days straight- and i definately know it was cause of over drying)

when i applied the turmeric paste on and i gently rubbed it a little on the zits i noticed that by the next day the swelling and pain would have gone down since turmeric is an anti-inflmmatory and anti bacterial (it was the headless type of zits that hurt like hell btw :evil: ).. by the third day, u could the the zits were on their way of leaving.

i've personally got tired of benzoyl peroxide ... over dryyed my face causing even more zits and redness and flakiness ... argh

... better and faster .. hmm? i wanna say yeah. better because its gets rid of acne without any backlash from your face in other words if you moisturize properly and effictively after using the tumeric paste than your face shouldn't feel dry and irritated, but rather normal.

... faster?.. when i used harsh cleansers my acne would take like a week to go away but with turmeric the longest its taken for it to go away is like 4 days max (after i've direclty applied it to the zit and rubbed gently on it making sure turmeric did its thing)

so yeah my personal experience with this spice is way better than BP then again everyone's body is different so it might vary.

Location: any larger supermarket will do. what mean by larger is like publix or sweetbay.. the ones with huge inventory. idk if like a small individually owned grocery store would carry such a uncommon spice.

i recommend doing research on turmeric and the different ways its helped others with their different acne & scarring... this a great thread: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/turmeric-...ng-t221077.html

also remember this wont happern overnight... be consistent wth it for like a week if anything. start off with just applying to an active zit to see if u notice that it is working :)

When that happens to me, I usually go through a full cycle of eating healthy/bad/healthy.

For example: One day I eat dairy, foods with high soy oil concentration

Acne gets triggered

Then I eat lots of veggies, vitamin c fruits, it supresses the acne.

Then I eat another cycle of bad food, so your skin gets stuck in between breaking out/healing

I know it sounds strange, but thats my theory on it.

When that happens to me, I usually go through a full cycle of eating healthy/bad/healthy.

For example: One day I eat dairy, foods with high soy oil concentration

Acne gets triggered

Then I eat lots of veggies, vitamin c fruits, it supresses the acne.

Then I eat another cycle of bad food, so your skin gets stuck in between breaking out/healing

I know it sounds strange, but thats my theory on it.

i dont think the body processes food fast enough for that to work (nutrients that is)?

It happens to me personally very rarely, and I am always at a full consciousness when that happens. So this last week I was breaking out about 5-6 whiteheads, slowly coming up, and I can see that there is pus inside. The next day I ate specifically anti-inflammatory food such as broccoli, celery, carrots, cucumbers, clementines, etc.. And the following day I have noticed that those white heads were getting smaller and I could no longer see the pus inside. And as you mentioned, there is a very unique feeling of pain related to it. Just keep eating healthy and those will be gone.

I couldn't tell you what type it is, but I have experienced things like this in the past.

I can't completely trash BP, as it works for many people, but for me it left darker red marks behind as well. I always found that tea tree oil,like in Desert Essence spot treatment or Burts Bees, worked more gently. Sulfur is also a nice option.

For big under the skin bumps I used to think a really rigorous regimen was needed, but then I discovered gentle was a way better route to go. Seemed counter intuitive at first, but it's worth a shot.

For redness and inflammation turmeric is becoming the "it" item. Just mix with a bit of yogurt with it and use it as a mask or spot treatment. It leaves your skin a bit yellow for the rest of the day, though. Icing the lumps with a paper towel wrapped ice cube also helps with the swelling. Some people steam their face to heal the lumps faster, but others stay away from broken capillary risk.It's up to you. I personally feel the occasional steaming is harmless...

I bought some tumeric powder yesterday and tried mixing it with honey last night and this morning. I'm not sure what it'll do for active spots but i'm hoping it'll help get rid of the PIH marks after the two pimples are gone.