Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LoveGreenSmoothies

For those who have done CROSS

I am thinking about having this done professionally. I want to know how long the PIH (Redness) lasts.

I know it can vary, but I'm just looking for general amount of time.

I don't want to read the entire cross thread -- I read it years ago and it's so long. I just want to know how long the redness lasts (usually).

Thanks.

I am thinking about having this done professionally. I want to know how long the PIH (Redness) lasts.

I don't want to read the entire cross thread -- I read it years ago and it's so long. I just want to know how long the redness lasts (usually).

Thanks.

Maybe two weeks max, or even less. However, it all depends on how you heal.

I personally do not like tca cross because of the high risk of HYPOpigmentation and making the scars wider and larger.

Hi Anti-Em

For me the scabs lasted about 2 weeks. The redness lasted about 1 1/2 -2 months. I only had a few treated so it wasnt too noticable. They remained widened for about 2-3 months and now they look about the same. Didnt really notice a difference with the couple of treatments that I had done. Probably more would be needed to acheive improvement I guess or I just dont respond to cross. I honestly would only treat a few to start with just incase you dont like the end result.

Guest Timehealsall
Hi Anti-Em

For me the scabs lasted about 2 weeks. The redness lasted about 1 1/2 -2 months. I only had a few treated so it wasnt too noticable. They remained widened for about 2-3 months and now they look about the same. Didnt really notice a difference with the couple of treatments that I had done. Probably more would be needed to acheive improvement I guess or I just dont respond to cross. I honestly would only treat a few to start with just incase you dont like the end result.

jakciey, do you plan on crossing them again?

Thanks.

Maybe two weeks max, or even less. However, it all depends on how you heal.

I personally do not like tca cross because of the high risk of HYPOpigmentation and making the scars wider and larger.

Hypopigmentation? Really? I never knew that was a risk, but I guess it makes sense since it's a deep "peel."

I am concerned about it making the scars wider. I have heard that.

Hi Anti-Em

That's not too bad. Regular PIH from acne lasts like 6 months and that would be annoying.

I do plan on only treating a few to test it out.