Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So, I did the glass of water test for Candida and it seems that I do have it, but went out to Holland and Barrett today and only thing I could see was 'Nelsons' Candida, which says it is for 'natural resistance to the challenges of flora imbalance'. I thought, 'great' but when got it home (and, silly me, started taking them without looking at the ingredients list!), it contains 'candida albicans' is this the right thing to be taking to cure Candida????!!! Help :(

The water test is not too reliable - apparently everybody fails it - from what I hear.

So maybe don't take it too seriously.

Coconut oil is good for killing candida.

There are also loads of candida diets on the web. - basically comes down to starving the candida to death by not eating any sugar/fruit/hi GI carbs/yeast/molds for a few weeks.

Ah, I didn't know that! Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely be adding coconut oil to my shopping list, it can't do any harm even if I don't have Candida, it might get rid of the icky white coating on my tongue!

The spit test is a joke and not an accurate way of gauging for Candida.

There are literally dozens of reasons why someone might "fail" the spit test. One of them is spitting into a cup first thing in the morning before brushing your teeth.

I wouldn't worry so much about Candida because the same diet that will help your acne no matter who you are is the same diet that will help your candida. (Low GI foods/Moderate overall GL, lots of veggies, lots of healthy fats and meat/fish, cut out grains and sugar, eat various healthy spices such as cinnamon, garlic, turmeric, basil, oregano, thyme, etc.)