Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rebel1992

Pls read this and TRY proving me wrong.

hi guys,

for a start, i would like to say that this post is gonna belong and would love the veteran members to prove me wrong with the greatest of respect towards them.

For the past few days, i have been indulging in chocolate,sweets etc and as often as i ate them, i also sighed about my acne behind closed doors contemplating on the varioustheories i have come upwith on acne during my lifetime. i am 18 btw, so pls excuse any imaturity on my part.

for the longest time, i have asked myself if diet was the main culprit in acne- be it the effects of food allegies and sensitivities. But as many of us have stumbled upo this thought, "why do my friends eat crap and i try to eat conservatively and yet i suffer?"... and this has led me to contemplate the diet theory as many of the active members will stamp their fists to assure everyone that diet and the food we eat is a factor? MAJOR FACTOR! ????

believe it or not, everyday on this board there will be one person that writes and says "i have cut all wheat etc from my diet n yet i still suffer from acne.""is there any other thing that i am missing out? should i now cut out all grains from my diet.?" The often magically appearing expert would tell him to try now cutting out this and so on.... eventually practically leading him to a pure vegan diet and when that goes wrong- the magiclly appearing wizard astounds the world by disappearing wothout any further comments.

the thing that makes my blood boil from this convo, is that it is not easy to cut wheat etc from ones diet, i mean YES-eat healthy and maybe dont consume whaet or grain for a day or once in a while.....BUT a month...A Year...thats torture...yet many of these memebers who areso desperate to cure acne take on these unfulfilling journeys.... So now i ll put my head out here and say that it isnt wheat grains etc that really causes acne....but how your body handles its functions while taking on the stress of digesting variouus products, be it protein carbs or fat... though some people claim to see improvents in cutting out wheat etc from their diet..... YOU HAVE TO UNDERTSAND that he/she hasnt cured acne but is controlling it.... the will that drives them on is the exuberance from an improved complexion....BUT my question is...how long more before the person suffer a worsening of her acne and then fals into depression and then reentering these boar all over again.?.... so basically thats my point here,that we have stop visualising diet as a major factor in acne but rather DIGESTION! and pls enjoy meals without cutting out grains etc...becuse if its grains that is worsning your condition and it is almost certain that thai and indonesians would be called the pimple race.

next part i would like to bring up is, the variable at which people measure their worsening of their condition (acne,rosacea etc)... time and time again, people measure their acne condition by the no. of new whiteheads they find when they wake up in the morning etc. I can forcefully say that anyone who measures acne severeity by counting no. of whiteheads etc to be daft. If one has oily skin, and as we all now that oily skin is a red carpet invitation to acne, should measure his improvement by the oilyness of the skina and not breakouts. - people who speak of accutane as a magic drug know abt the initial breakout and that is a good thing becuase when that happens you know whats in is coming out.... people claim zinc to be a fighting agent for acne.- a theory that is likely to be rubbish..... yes i 100% agree it carries out numerous functions in the body etc.... but when yr skin is clogged with sebum. not the slightest amt of zinc will reach the surface of yr skin.--- i ll give you an example why..... all of us have noticed people with hairloss.... and maybe after reading this.... pls notice the persons head and see if its oily.... ! or rather if it shines.... i am certain through all my reasearch that hairloss is caused by oily scalp and thats the bottom lline... clogged follicles.... when that happens no form of nutrition goes to the hair....

Thus in conclusion, these are very strong opinions that i have shared and by any chance if i have offended anyone or spoken blatantly about my views ....i apologgise and i would love for you to share yr view OR rather CONVINCE ME....

and lastly,one of the major factors without a doubt of acne is digestion...... if your reading this and lost ask yourslef , how often you evacuate yr bowels?

cheers

everything you are saying is mostly true in my eyes.

a topic i started attempts to answer the question of, how can my friends eat like crap and not break out, yet i maintain a super strict diet and STILL breakout? what is different in the mechanics of my body versus theirs?

basically i suspect its the condition of the intestines, and go on to examine the role of gastric ph in killing bad bacteria before they can enter the intestines and the possible issue of low gastric acid being treated by HCL supplements. this is to prevent SMall bacterial intestinal overgrowth or any state of dysbiosis.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/HCL-Hydro...Su-t292744.html

Edited by AutonomousOne1980

umm, digestion is a major factor. No one is going to argue with that. That's basic. If you have digestion problems or consume foods your body isn't adapted to digest such as wheat and dairy. Or if you eat foods that damage your intestinal track like wheat without consuming nutrients that heal it. etc etc. And so it points back to diet.

And that's only one of the many way diet affects your acne.

Hairloss is caused by the same hormones that trigger excess sebum. This is well established. And your diet affects your hormones, btw.

And no, clearing skin via diet doesn't mean acne is cured. Obviously. It is contolled/prevented like just about any other health condition.

Why does everyone keep talking about cures? There are very few cures for anything. No cure for heart disease. No cure for diabetes. No cure for high blood pressure. No cure for cancer. No cure for the common cold. Name a condition that has a cure! Why would you think there was a cure for acne?

Edited by alternativista

"My friends can eat like crap, so why can't I? Surely it means there's no diet/acne connection!" - If I had a penny for every time I heard such an absolutely moronic statement, I'd be an effing millionaire.

Our bodies are different. Why can Jim smoke 12 packs a day, yet never develop lung cancer but good ol' Bob smokes a pack a day and develops cancer? Why is Johnny allergic to citrus when Sally can drink 5 cups of OJ a day and soak her salads in lemon juice? Why can Harry be a lazy slob who eats 3,000 calories a day and be skinny as a rail when Henry who eats healthy and exercises has to struggle to even maintain an average weight?

There's a curious things about our bodies. They're different. We were predisposed to acne thanks to genetics. Our lucky friends were not. Some people can digest things better. Some of us have to actually pay attention to what we eat - and frankly, this isn't a bad thing.

I won't repeat what alternavista already stated about digestion - but I will strongly agree with it. Clearly, your digestion can be strongly affected by what you're eating. Digestion an diet go hand in hand. I thought this was common sense?

I'm sorry that it's not easy cutting out things that are bad for you, but I can assure you it's ten times more difficult to deal with their ill health affects in the future. I can't sympathize with the weakness of those who barely try.

If you're living a healthy lifestyle, it's doubtful the acne will worsen again.

Also, people from Thailand and Indonesia suffer from acne as well, so I'm not entirely certain of the relevance of that statement. Even so, bodies evolve and adapt. People in other countries could simply be better adapted.

Measure improvement of skin by the oiliness? Now that's just rubbish. My acne was at its absolute worst when my skin was at it's absolute driest. One of my biggest problems was how dry my skin always was - and this was without the use of over-drying topical solutions, mind you. Plenty of people have dry skin and acne. Oiliness is not the sole indicator of healthy skin nor is it the sole cause of hair loss. Clearly the "research" you've done on hair loss is either very scarce of just very poor.

And adding to alternavista's statement: Of course diet won't "cure" acne or anything for that matter. It will, however, maintain good health which includes maintaining healthy skin. Acne is the symptom, not the disease, so even claiming to cure the symptom wouldn't make much sense in the first place.

"My friends can eat like crap, so why can't I? Surely it means there's no diet/acne connection!" - If I had a penny for every time I heard such an absolutely moronic statement, I'd be an effing millionaire.

Our bodies are different. Why can Jim smoke 12 packs a day, yet never develop lung cancer but good ol' Bob smokes a pack a day and develops cancer? Why is Johnny allergic to citrus when Sally can drink 5 cups of OJ a day and soak her salads in lemon juice? Why can Harry be a lazy slob who eats 3,000 calories a day and be skinny as a rail when Henry who eats healthy and exercises has to struggle to even maintain an average weight?

There's a curious things about our bodies. They're different. We were predisposed to acne thanks to genetics. Our lucky friends were not. Some people can digest things better. Some of us have to actually pay attention to what we eat - and frankly, this isn't a bad thing.

I won't repeat what alternavista already stated about digestion - but I will strongly agree with it. Clearly, your digestion can be strongly affected by what you're eating. Digestion an diet go hand in hand. I thought this was common sense?

I'm sorry that it's not easy cutting out things that are bad for you, but I can assure you it's ten times more difficult to deal with their ill health affects in the future. I can't sympathize with the weakness of those who barely try.

If you're living a healthy lifestyle, it's doubtful the acne will worsen again.

Also, people from Thailand and Indonesia suffer from acne as well, so I'm not entirely certain of the relevance of that statement. Even so, bodies evolve and adapt. People in other countries could simply be better adapted.

Measure improvement of skin by the oiliness? Now that's just rubbish. My acne was at its absolute worst when my skin was at it's absolute driest. One of my biggest problems was how dry my skin always was - and this was without the use of over-drying topical solutions, mind you. Plenty of people have dry skin and acne. Oiliness is not the sole indicator of healthy skin nor is it the sole cause of hair loss. Clearly the "research" you've done on hair loss is either very scarce of just very poor.

And adding to alternavista's statement: Of course diet won't "cure" acne or anything for that matter. It will, however, maintain good health which includes maintaining healthy skin. Acne is the symptom, not the disease, so even claiming to cure the symptom wouldn't make much sense in the first place.

finaaly, someone who puts up a fairly strong argument.... before i start, i hope our argument is based on constructive criticism and not based not the hatred due to conflicting idealogies.

i will answer accordingly to your paragraphing...

1) there is a reason why people repeat that phrase over and over again, because they have tried leading the healthiest of diets - giving up socially and got nothing out of it. what would you expect?... and note i never pointed out that acne was not related to diet, my whole post was about how our body COPES with the food we eat- and that namely is known as digestion.

2)i never said that everyone were the same, i spoke about how Tom's body is able to cope with the arduous task of digesting the junk effectively but not mine - leading me to acne among the numerous health complications. I argued that the difference between us and non acne sufferers, isnot the type of diet we consume but the strength and versatility of our digestive system.

3)i wouldnt disagree with you that yes we might not be lucky in terms of acne, but the extra concentration on us watching what we eat is certainly not a bad thing in the long run....thumbs up. and that is why sometimes i contemplate if, maybe we were actually blessed because it allows us to actually realise the damage we are doing to our bodies and in turn maybe in the future ...we would not be headed down a road filled with organ failures...

4) the thailand and indonesia part- i think i did not explain clearly..... me living in asia leads me to aquire a certain knowledge about the poorer southeast asian countries., for a start, even the poorest villages etc in thailand indonesia...live on rice! RICE ALONE! if mcdonalds was america's pastime, RICE WOULD be their lives. and no doubt some thai s and indonesians have acne..... but the claim that grain causes acne is downright stupid. these are hard evidence. the higher incidence of acne sufferers live in cities where fried food etc, hard to digest food items are eaten. i hope you understand what i am saying here. if you want evidence of the amount of rice eaten by thais and indonesians, search up google...- there was a recent headline where the government told their people to reduce consumption of rice and consume more of other items such as meat. AS usuallly the main motive behind is to stimulate the econmy but it was actually suppose to give the countrymen a better standard of living...but then the government suffered a backlash for telling the countrymen to reduce consumption of rice...ironic but i ll let you figure out.

5) this was something i completely forgot to mention about in my post....dry skin acne. since i do not sufferfrom dry skin acne- i am unable to give any thoughts on that- but if you were a oily skin acne sufferer .... you would then realise that ...excessive sebum leads to millions of blackheads that you would have to see in person to believe and then realise the severeity that oily skin can cause. so at this point, i can strongly emphasise that if you have oily skin thats causing yr acne and you dont consiider oilyness a variable of measurement....then i let you decide on your journey to a acne free life.

6) hairloss - if my research was scarce, i wouldnt even bring hairloss in an acne forum. if you know about hairloss as much as you say you do, then its likelly you believe that DHT is the sole cause of hairloss and the suspectability of the sensitivity of the hair follicle to androgens etc..... i dont want to go to the etchnical stuff on hairloss because it is tedious and 2nd ly many have contradicting ideas.

i ll just give you 2 egs, and hopefully you can see my view on it.

i) there are several accutane users who were suffering from baldness typically oily scalp and oily skin, when theytook accutane they developed hairgrowth for that period of time. even at the crown. DHT levels were the same so anyclaims that accuatne increased dht levels were dismissed. the only variable during that study was oilyness..... there are also people who have oily skin and no oily scalp, when they took accutane, it dried their hair even further thus leading to brittle hair......

ii) if you know a blading person who is not insecure etc, try not to hurt his feelings and ask him if you could analyse his scalp, at the top you will definitely 99% see an oily surface ...now move to the sides where hairloss cannot occur, and feel the scalp there and tell me if it is as oily as the top, in fact it will be dry, but a little greasiness would come from the flowing of oil when it is produced at the top.

then again you might say since sebum and dht are correlated (whch is true) etc.... pls read the hairloss forumsbecause my hands are hurting from the typing.

everything you are saying is mostly true in my eyes.

a topic i started attempts to answer the question of, how can my friends eat like crap and not break out, yet i maintain a super strict diet and STILL breakout? what is different in the mechanics of my body versus theirs?

basically i suspect its the condition of the intestines, and go on to examine the role of gastric ph in killing bad bacteria before they can enter the intestines and the possible issue of low gastric acid being treated by HCL supplements. this is to prevent SMall bacterial intestinal overgrowth or any state of dysbiosis.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/HCL-Hydro...Su-t292744.html

Or genetic difference between us and them? Not saying HCL wont help. Just saying you can explain it much easier.

EDIT: ow lol didnt read the rest yet, gmaria and alternate good posts. Especially gmaria on the predisposed thing. Some people just dont seem to understand this...

Edited by joris ヘ(^_^ヘ)(ノ^_^)ノ

One word: Eicosanoids. Have a gander at them.

Edited by ben90

Digestion might very well be a huge factor, for you. And for many others. But not everyone because everyone doesn't have digestion problems, inability to digest certain foods that make a significant part of their diet, other issues that impact digestion like stress/anxiety...

It is not the one true cause of acne. It is always a factor, but one of many, many other factors. And most of those are affected by diet.

My skin cleared within 2 months of the day I drank my last soda and began changing my diet habits to a more blood sugar stabilizing and anti-inflammatory diet. I've never had any digestion issue or any problem with foods people commonly can't digest. Avoiding those foods such as gluten, dairy and legumes made no difference.

Edited by alternativista

finaaly, someone who puts up a fairly strong argument.... before i start, i hope our argument is based on constructive criticism and not based not the hatred due to conflicting idealogies.

i will answer accordingly to your paragraphing...

1) there is a reason why people repeat that phrase over and over again, because they have tried leading the healthiest of diets - giving up socially and got nothing out of it. what would you expect?... and note i never pointed out that acne was not related to diet, my whole post was about how our body COPES with the food we eat- and that namely is known as digestion.

2)i never said that everyone were the same, i spoke about how Tom's body is able to cope with the arduous task of digesting the junk effectively but not mine - leading me to acne among the numerous health complications. I argued that the difference between us and non acne sufferers, isnot the type of diet we consume but the strength and versatility of our digestive system.

3)i wouldnt disagree with you that yes we might not be lucky in terms of acne, but the extra concentration on us watching what we eat is certainly not a bad thing in the long run....thumbs up. and that is why sometimes i contemplate if, maybe we were actually blessed because it allows us to actually realise the damage we are doing to our bodies and in turn maybe in the future ...we would not be headed down a road filled with organ failures...

4) the thailand and indonesia part- i think i did not explain clearly..... me living in asia leads me to aquire a certain knowledge about the poorer southeast asian countries., for a start, even the poorest villages etc in thailand indonesia...live on rice! RICE ALONE! if mcdonalds was america's pastime, RICE WOULD be their lives. and no doubt some thai s and indonesians have acne..... but the claim that grain causes acne is downright stupid. these are hard evidence. the higher incidence of acne sufferers live in cities where fried food etc, hard to digest food items are eaten. i hope you understand what i am saying here. if you want evidence of the amount of rice eaten by thais and indonesians, search up google...- there was a recent headline where the government told their people to reduce consumption of rice and consume more of other items such as meat. AS usuallly the main motive behind is to stimulate the econmy but it was actually suppose to give the countrymen a better standard of living...but then the government suffered a backlash for telling the countrymen to reduce consumption of rice...ironic but i ll let you figure out.

5) this was something i completely forgot to mention about in my post....dry skin acne. since i do not sufferfrom dry skin acne- i am unable to give any thoughts on that- but if you were a oily skin acne sufferer .... you would then realise that ...excessive sebum leads to millions of blackheads that you would have to see in person to believe and then realise the severeity that oily skin can cause. so at this point, i can strongly emphasise that if you have oily skin thats causing yr acne and you dont consiider oilyness a variable of measurement....then i let you decide on your journey to a acne free life.

6) hairloss - if my research was scarce, i wouldnt even bring hairloss in an acne forum. if you know about hairloss as much as you say you do, then its likelly you believe that DHT is the sole cause of hairloss and the suspectability of the sensitivity of the hair follicle to androgens etc..... i dont want to go to the etchnical stuff on hairloss because it is tedious and 2nd ly many have contradicting ideas.

i ll just give you 2 egs, and hopefully you can see my view on it.

i) there are several accutane users who were suffering from baldness typically oily scalp and oily skin, when theytook accutane they developed hairgrowth for that period of time. even at the crown. DHT levels were the same so anyclaims that accuatne increased dht levels were dismissed. the only variable during that study was oilyness..... there are also people who have oily skin and no oily scalp, when they took accutane, it dried their hair even further thus leading to brittle hair......

ii) if you know a blading person who is not insecure etc, try not to hurt his feelings and ask him if you could analyse his scalp, at the top you will definitely 99% see an oily surface ...now move to the sides where hairloss cannot occur, and feel the scalp there and tell me if it is as oily as the top, in fact it will be dry, but a little greasiness would come from the flowing of oil when it is produced at the top.

then again you might say since sebum and dht are correlated (whch is true) etc.... pls read the hairloss forumsbecause my hands are hurting from the typing.

1. The problem with people who repeat this phrase is that they rarely "lead the healthiest of lives." They might THINK they are based on what conventional wisdom, but rarely do. Even those who make the effort to eat a truly healthy diet tend to be making mistakes that hinder them. This results in their diet not being as effective as it could be and leading them to repeat the "Why can my friends eat this way..." phrase.

2. The difference is very well the type of diets we consume. Example: My best friend has suffered from much more severe acne than I have. I have cleared my skin up entirely through diet and lifestyle changes. She, who for a long time refused to believe me, continued her eating habits of dominantly sweets. She has no digestive problems. What she does have, however, is this uncanny ability to eat a TON of sugar and flour based items which can spike blood sugar. I finally convinced her to at least try altering her diet. Desperate, she did so and her skin cleared up entirely within a month while eating difficult to digest foods like broccoli and beans. It wasn't fixing her digestive system that aided her clearing. It was altering her diet. I'm sure there are others on this forum who can attest to similar situations.

Our digestive systems are important in controlling our acne, but not the single reasoning behind it. Allergies an sensitivities are not always the symptoms of poor digestion. It's not that someone's body isn't able to digest an allergenic food - it's that their body recognizes it as a foreign substance within the body and the immune system reacts accordingly. Also, most grains become moreover an issue of blood sugar spikes than digestive problems - though they can cause that too. Blood sugar spikes can raise the hormones that increase sebum production thus causing acne.

3. No disagreement.

4. This entire paragraph is absolutely irrelevant and my point still stands - people in Thailand and Indonesia still get acne. The claim that grain couldn't possibly cause acne is what's stupid. I break out if I eat rice - not because I can't digest it, but because it spikes my blood sugar, resulting in me suffering from a severe crash and feeling like napping all day afterward. Though technically, most grains are difficult to digest to begin with - but that's not their only flaw.

5. It doesn't make sense to argue a concept that has more than one variable, yet you only understand the one variable. If sheer oiliness of one's skin was the main/only indicator of acne improvement, by that logic, anybody with incredibly oily skin should automatically have acne. The genes I got from my mother left me acne prone. The genes I inherited from my father left me dry. My mother has not had acne in 25 years. Her skin is as oily as it always was. By your standards, she she be breaking out. I know TONS of people with oily skin but no acne and several with dry skin and acne. Whether you have a lot of sebum on the surface or not, doesn't mean your skin is or isn't producing it.

6. I won't dwell too deeply in this because it isn't acne related - that and I truthfully (no offense) don't think you know what you're talking about. For starters, I've read much more about accutane CAUSING hair loss than helping it. It's actually a side effect of taking it and very common. However, the hair loss it causes is a form caused Telogen Effluvium - which is temporary and entirely unrelated to oil production of the scalp. This also leads me to point out that there are different kinds of hair loss - Androgenic Alopecia, Alopecia Totalis, Alopecia Universalis and Telogen Effluvium. Hair loss can be caused by several factors - not just DHT. Poor scalp health is, indeed, one of the, but again, not the main reason for a lot of people. That aside, I have never seen a single study in which hair growth has resulted from accutane. Please provide a link so I may read. I even typed "accutane hair growth" into google and STILL got nothing but sites pointing to the fact that it commonly causes hair loss.

And again, I've seen several bald guys in my time (androgenic alopecia) who did not have oily scalps - my dad being one of them. I mentioned he has dry skin for the most part, but not excessively dry. The only time his scalp produces any sheen is when he's working and sweating. Other than that, it remains matte and sometimes very dry in appearance. I also work in an office with dominantly older men, many who suffer from male pattern baldness and only few ever have oily looking scalps. I'm sorry you hands hurt from typing so little, but your paragraphs really alluded to nothing of logical value on the topic.

I do hope you realize acne and hairloss forums aren't exactly great methods of research. I'd much rather prefer to do my research from accredited medical and scientific websites, journals and books - not online forums. Forums are great to point you in a direction, but to use them strictly as research is just - silly, and I sincerely hope that's not what you're doing.

Why don't these 'we all have poor digestion and that's the one true cause' people ever join in the 'we all have sub par livers and that's the one true cause' and other such threads and argue with them? That would be kind of fun.

Why don't these 'we all have poor digestion and that's the one true cause' people ever join in the 'we all have sub par livers and that's the one true cause' and other such threads and argue with them? That would be kind of fun.

They would end up believing everyone with acne has sub par livers AND poor digestion AND ..... xD

Edited by joris ヘ(^_^ヘ)(ノ^_^)ノ

It's not the wheat. Nobody is saying it's the wheat.

It's the gluten, which just so happens to be in the wheat. If gluten was in meat, we'd avoid that. If gluten was in spinach, we'd avoid that. But it's not. It's in wheat and other grain products.

It's not that hard to cut out all grains. And besides, cutting out acne-causing foods does not mean you can NEVER have them again. It just means that, for the time being, until your skin gets better and your digestion and body regulates itself you can't have these problematic foods.

Afterwards you still shouldn't be eating them (acne = a sign that something in your body is wrong and if a type of food is giving you acne, you'd have to be stupid to NOT avoid it as much as possible) but it's ok to have it once in a while. Think of it as a treat. Or maybe when you go out to eat with friends. It's not something that should be a part of anyone's regular diet.

Edited by chunkylard

It's the gluten, which just so happens to be in the wheat. If gluten was in meat, we'd avoid that. If gluten was in spinach, we'd avoid that. But it's not. It's in wheat and other grain products.

It's not that hard to cut out all grains. And besides, cutting out acne-causing foods does not mean you can NEVER have them again. It just means that, for the time being, until your skin gets better and your digestion and body regulates itself you can't have these problematic foods.

there are some amounts of gluten (not all the gluten, just a few of the peptides) in grain fed meat. But the real sources are wheat barley and rye. Rice oats etc don't have harmful gluten. However most of the oats are contaminated with gluten. So is a lot of food.

If you have celiac or gluten sensitivity you cant get back onto gluten again.

If you dont have it it wont cause that much of a problem to your acne. Only the GI. It would be good to cut it out and when clear you could try and reintroduce it like you say. Your body might become stronger/better able to digest some foods. And might be able to handle grains.

Edited by joris

there are some amounts of gluten (not all the gluten, just a few of the peptides) in grain fed meat. But the real sources are wheat barley and rye. Rice oats etc don't have harmful gluten. However most of the oats are contaminated with gluten. So is a lot of food.

If you have celiac or gluten sensitivity you cant get back onto gluten again.

If you dont have it it wont cause that much of a problem to your acne. Only the GI. It would be good to cut it out and when clear you could try and reintroduce it like you say. Your body might become stronger/better able to digest some foods. And might be able to handle grains.

Cows don't eat grains in nature, they eat grass, so if you're getting the right kind of meat from organic farmers/local farmers/cow shares then you can be sure the cow is eating a diet of grass or grass and hay (which is just dried grass, flowers, fescues, etc.) And even then, I imagine the gluten would be excreted and any remaining gluten wouldn't even affect the most celiac of celiacs. I don't think I've ever heard of gluten being present in muscle tissue or fat. How exactly would even the bad grain-fed meat contribute to gluten in someone's diet? o.o

Edited by chunkylard

for some celiacs its enough to trigger it. But lets just assume we dont have that xD

ps. Its not easy to cut out. Especially if you need to be very strict. (Celiacs who cant even be in a bakery etc)

Edited by joris

the thing that makes my blood boil from this convo, is that it is not easy to cut wheat etc from ones diet, i mean YES-eat healthy and maybe dont consume whaet or grain for a day or once in a while.....BUT a month...A Year...thats torture...yet many of these memebers who areso desperate to cure acne take on these unfulfilling journeys.... So now i ll put my head out here and say that it isnt wheat grains etc that really causes acne....but how your body handles its functions while taking on the stress of digesting variouus products, be it protein carbs or fat... though some people claim to see improvents in cutting out wheat etc from their diet..... YOU HAVE TO UNDERTSAND that he/she hasnt cured acne but is controlling it....

So you're basically saying that yes, wheat can be a factor in the incidence of acne in some individuals. I agree. It seems to me that nearly anything, diet-wise, can be a potential factor, including wheat.

And you're right, it is torture to cut a staple like wheat out of one's diet. The diet that I've been on (which includes avoiding wheat) gives me much grief. But nobody is going to find out if they have a gluten sensitivity, wheat allergy, or other wheat digestion related problem by avoiding it for "a day or once in a while."

If you cut out wheat and got clear in a matter of days, you probably wouldn't mind that you're only "controlling" your acne, not "curing" it. And you know what? You would probably recommend that others on this forum give it a try as well.

Give these folks a break, they're trying to help.

you probably wouldn't mind that you're only "controlling" your acne, not "curing" it. And you know what? You would probably recommend that others on this forum give it a try as well.

Well, it makes no difference whether or not you 'mind.' You can not cure acne anymore than any other health condition. You can only control it.

1. Everyone's metabolism is slightly different

2. No one knows exactly what causes acne

You're just going to have to try systematic removal of certain foods in your diet. The amelioration of acne is a personal journey.

So you're basically saying that yes, wheat can be a factor in the incidence of acne in some individuals. I agree. It seems to me that nearly anything, diet-wise, can be a potential factor, including wheat.

I think it's probably always a factor in anyone, it's the degree that varies from person to person due to intolerance or lack thereof and what else you do/eat. There are many nutrients in other foods that bind up the harmful anti-nutrients and there are nutrients in other foods that heal the intestinal damage. And the more anti-inflammatory foods you eat the more you counter the inflammatory effects from the whet/gluten. Etc. Etc. The key is you have to eat those other nutrients by eating real, whole foods that contain nutrients, something the average person gets little of.

Does anybody else find it ironic that the OP nags about people or "wizards" as he calls them, who make a couple of posts then disappear - yet he's nowhere to be found?