Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
japjeev

How to cure scars/red marks while on the regimen?

Treating scars is usually very abrasive, so you cannot treat your scars while you still have active acne. Red marks will fade while on the regimen, despite lingering for longer than you might be used to. The answer is that it is a very systematic and step-by-step process, and not something that can be done all at once. So, first, focus on clearing yourself of all active pimples and inflammation. Then you can incorporate BHA's, AHA's, or other well-known weapons fighting PIH and PIE (post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation and post-inflammatory erythema)--aka your red marks. And then consider other options and search the forum for scar treatment once you find yourself only dealing with scars. Trust me, trying to treat all three at once will make your skin really bad! I speak from experience.

Good luck!

Edited by sgoodleitz

You might want to think about adding a moisturizer such as Bio-Oil. I have used it in the past and am going to start using it again to moisturize and help even skin tone- it also fades scars.

It is a bit pricey, but it lasts FOREVER.

well, i already have acne.org moistrizour. so if i buy that i wont be able to use them togther since the acne.org one already makes me look extra oily. is there any other ways?