Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HI ALL....

I'M GETTING MORE UPSET BY THE MINUTE....

I'M WAITING ON BLOODTESTS: MAYBE MY LIVER IS OK TO GO ON ACCUTANE EVENTUALLY???

RIGHT NOW I SWITCHED FROM ORTHOTRICYCLINE WHICH IS AWFUL BASTARDLY SHITTY CRAP.

SO...I'M ON DIANE 35 (DON'T LIKE THE BLOODCLOTTING POTENTIAL) BUT...I DON'T HAVE MUCH ALTERNATIVE AS MY FACE IS GETTING PRETTY SEVERE.

MY SKIN IS AWFUL WITH 12 CYSTS ALL OVER. PAIN.

SOO.....WHAT DO I DO?

SO FAR...I THINK THE PIMPLES ARE STILL COMING ALTHOUGH I'VE BEEN ON IT FOR 5 DAYS sad.gif

HELP.

IF......MY LIPS ARE DRY AND SO IS MY SKIN WITHOUT ANYTHING, DOES THAT MEAN IF AND WHEN I GO ON ACCUTANE I'LL GET CHELLITIS??????????????

MAYBE I DO HAVE A THYROID PROBLEMS: BUT IF MY TSH COMES BACK NORMAL MY DOC WILL NEVER SEND ME TO AN ENDOCRINOLOGIST. I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE. I'M 25...!!!! WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME?????

PLEASE, IF YOU READ THIS. ....RESPOND.....

My skin and lips were very dry before I went on accutane but I realise now it was dry due to all the creams and washes and other crap I was using on my face.

Even when I washed my face with salacylic acid or BP it would get on my lips no matter how hard I tried and so I would have quite bad dryness all over my face.

When u take accutane you are not using all the other stuff which could be contributing to the dryness.

It really depends how dry your skin and lips are. Cheilitis is a side-effect, I'm not sure whether or not it definately happends to people who have had dry skin before their course. Does your skin peel? How often do you moisturize? How often are you required to put on chapstick?