Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Claudius

I just wish my Dad would love me :(

Ok so today i came in from school and i was in quite a good mood. Its currently amazing weather here,, around 20degrees (that is amazing for the UK). Anyway every evening i go on a run after coming in from school, round the park ect. But today my Dad was in, hed had the day off work, because hes the boss and can give himself the day off whenever - he only works like 3 days a week :/ . Anyway he like expected me to stay in and look after my little brother, whilst he and my mum went to the allotment to drink beer.

Well of course i was like no, i mean he had the whole day to do whatever he wanted i had been in school all day. He had a strop at me and i just went anyway.

But for the first half of my jog he had ruined it - all i could think of was angry thoughts about him. And this made me more angry bc i thought the stress of it would break me out in spots. :P

I tryed to release the anger by shouting, but it just wouldnt go and then i realised this was because the anger was actually just covering up another emotion and that was that i just really wanted him to love me. Just to occasionally show me some love. :( My mum is brillaint shes a really loving person and she hugs me all the time ect ect :shifty: , but my dad never ever hugs me, he never says he loves, he never says well done, he never really does anything with me.

All it seems he does is go on the computer looking at houses he wants to buy. :/

I really just wish hed love me....

This is the one thing I love the internet for - it allows me to express this with real people without being embarassed. :P

He must love you, my dad lacks emotions (never hugs etc) but I know he does so basically read his body language to see how he feels about you. If not talk to your mum about it since she's kind and loving and maybe she'll talk to your dad.

My dad even has problems with that, and i'm a girl! He does show me he loves me by telling me sometimes, but its super awkward since he doesn't come around a lot. I guess he wants to show you he loves you by trusting you with responsibilities, it might suck but maybe he's just too awkward to express it like your mom does. Well good luck, :)

Edited by jaealardo

If you feel strongly enough about it, talk to him politely so it opens his eyes. Maybe he'd be taken back or offended at first, but once he has time to sit and think, my guess is you notice a change. Everyone's different of course, but it seems many men and father's tend to be this way.

Guest Bloody Corpse Deamonn duh

your dad sounds like my mom >_> pfffft stupid parents, who cares, i personally will get over the whole dumb parent love thing, thats such a rubbishh mehh ;/

- he tells my little brother he loves him all the time, but then he just seems to regard me as an adult and more of a threat in some way than his child. :(

when you were your brothers age did he do the same?

also, if you tell your dad you love him, maybe he will be more comfortable with saying it to you. :shrug:

Hey love!

I couldn't resist posting on this particular topic. I'm a 22 year old female and I've always regarded myself as a daddy's girl. I'm the eldest of 2 (my sister is a year younger), and the difference on how my dad acts around both of us is EXTREMELY noticeable. Despite being known as the daddy's girl, my dad never shows sweet, sugar-coated emotions around me. The only time I ever heard him say "I love you" to me was during long-distance phone calls when I'd be travelling a million miles away from home. Obviously, these travels are very rare, as I'm still a young woman and being broke is nothing atypical for someone my age... thus, I RARELY hear him tell me he loves me.

Around my sister- who, I want to reiterate, is a ONLY A YEAR younger than me- he turns into this cheesy person who says nothing but "I love you" to her, gives her endless hugs, and does anything that a dad would do to a newborn baby. Did I mention she's 21? LOL.

Despite this enormous difference in personality around me and my sister, I have NEVER EVER EVER felt jealous, or ever doubted my dad's love for me. Like I said, I'm a daddy's girl, and my sister is closer to my mom. I'm quite lucky in that I know the reason why my dad is more sensitive around my sister. Not to get into too much detail, but she has been through very difficult times in her life in the past few years. VERY difficult-- someone her age does not deserve to have lived through such heartache, and my whole family is quite careful around her. Especially my dad. He knows that she deserves whatever love he can give to her... and being the great parent that he is, he supplies her with the most obvious form of love.

I don't need for him to be that obvious around me, because I know he loves me just the same. If anything, I like that he treats me like an adult. It makes me feel like I'm taking a load off his shoulders from his responsibility as a father.

I just wanted to tell you that your dad LOVES YOU. Trust me on this one. I take it you're the eldest among your siblings? If you are, parents SEEM to be more "loving" to the younger ones because the younger ones are more naive, and they want to nurture them and shield them from all the hardships in this world. You should be proud that you're at an age where your parents deem you to be responsible enough to take care of your brother, and that you don't need the same amount of sweet emotions that they would give to your brother.

On another note, men have a harder time expressing their emotions... especially towards fellow men. I can bet that you won't flat out tell your brother endlessly that you love him (although I'm sure you do). Don't be too hard on yourself. Like I said, even my dad doesn't blatantly show his emotions towards me, even though I am the daddy's girl.

He loves you. Always remember that. You are a wonderful, kind young man with such a bright future ahead. Your dad sees more than what we, strangers, see in you. You're his own flesh and blood and that is something that only a parent can fathom... and the manifestation of that is his undying love for you.

He loves you. Always remember that. You are a wonderful, kind young man with such a bright future ahead. Your dad sees more than what we, strangers, see in you. You're his own flesh and blood and that is something that only a parent can fathom... and the manifestation of that is his undying love for you.

I dont know what to say except Thank you, so much <3

Btw you write really beautifully. :P

I dont know what to say except Thank you, so much <3

Btw you write really beautifully. :P

Aw, this was beautiful! <3