Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Professional

Bulking and Acne

Hi there people, I'm trying to bulk for my fourth time after the first 3 failures and I've noticed every time I bulk I gain more acne than normal.

I'm really trying to stay committed to bulking since I'm very skinny and need more mass to perform well in sports and in the gym but honestly acne is ruining it!

So does anyone else know if this is normal? and will my body eventually get used to the increased calories? I searched for topics similar to this and didn't really find a specific answer(most of the topics were filled with what your workout routine is...)

Btw my diet is consisting of a lot of peanut butter...

Hi there people, I'm trying to bulk for my fourth time after the first 3 failures and I've noticed every time I bulk I gain more acne than normal.

I'm really trying to stay committed to bulking since I'm very skinny and need more mass to perform well in sports and in the gym but honestly acne is ruining it!

So does anyone else know if this is normal? and will my body eventually get used to the increased calories? I searched for topics similar to this and didn't really find a specific answer(most of the topics were filled with what your workout routine is...)

Btw my diet is consisting of a lot of peanut butter...

try bulking by lifting...working out... try not to get on protein supp ...etc... protein etc , bodybuilding supplememnnts makes your body work harder.

Yeah, your body will get used to eating more. Just don't eat too much.

You say you've already failed 3 times, are you sure you're even working out right? If you just go to the gym and think you can throw weights around and gain mass that's not the case. Anyways you can still bulk and not have acne. Whey protein ain't too bad as long as you get the right kind. There are plenty of foods to give you what you need to gain.

Im having the same problem too. Im about 5'5 and pretty skinny and the whole acne thing is really stopping me from bulking up. All im focused on right now is getting clear first, and im sure i will be about 90% clear in a couple of weeks off my vitamin regimen. Maybe after that ill up the calories.

And maybe its the peanut butter throwing off your omega 3 to omega 6 ratio that is breaking you out. I started breaking out when i started to eat way to many almond butter sandwhices ;)

Yeah, your body will get used to eating more. Just don't eat too much.

You say you've already failed 3 times, are you sure you're even working out right? If you just go to the gym and think you can throw weights around and gain mass that's not the case. Anyways you can still bulk and not have acne. Whey protein ain't too bad as long as you get the right kind. There are plenty of foods to give you what you need to gain.

No I meant I've failed my bulk 3 times, the first and second time I just couldn't keep up with eating that much, then the third time I was making fantastic gains, I easily gained 10 pounds within a month(a lot of it was obviously fat but still gains are gains), but I was breaking out like crazy, just like now.

Im having the same problem too. Im about 5'5 and pretty skinny and the whole acne thing is really stopping me from bulking up. All im focused on right now is getting clear first, and im sure i will be about 90% clear in a couple of weeks off my vitamin regimen. Maybe after that ill up the calories.

And maybe its the peanut butter throwing off your omega 3 to omega 6 ratio that is breaking you out. I started breaking out when i started to eat way to many almond butter sandwhices ;)

Do you have any tips on getting that ratio "back to normal"? lol

Peanut butter is legit for bulking. Get massive and then worry about clearing up your acne. One goal at a time. Also, i seriously doubt your omega ratio is at fault. Most people are severely deficient in omega 3 and don't have acne. If your interested in seeing if it helps, just add canned sardines in water or olive oil( not soybean, it's garbage)

Or get a quality bottle of omega supps from anchovies. Nordic naturals is a good brand.

Omega 3 will also help your joints so it's good for athletes. Don't forget to eat vegetables though, they are important for everything. Drink lots of water too, necessary for the high protein and creatine

Don't trip. Get big.

Peanut butter is legit for bulking. Get massive and then worry about clearing up your acne. One goal at a time. Also, i seriously doubt your omega ratio is at fault. Most people are severely deficient in omega 3 and don't have acne. If your interested in seeing if it helps, just add canned sardines in water or olive oil( not soybean, it's garbage)

Or get a quality bottle of omega supps from anchovies. Nordic naturals is a good brand.

Omega 3 will also help your joints so it's good for athletes. Don't forget to eat vegetables though, they are important for everything. Drink lots of water too, necessary for the high protein and creatine

Don't trip. Get big.

I'm bulking now and my skin is only slightly worse than it would be normally. Slightly being entirely negligible. You can bulk and still stay acne-free.

To counter balance the peanut butter I just eat tuna or grill up some fish. If not that I have handy-dandy fish oil supplements to take.

Most people are severely deficient in omega 3 and don't have acne.

Always an invalid argument. Most people are deficient in all kinds of things, have crappy habits and don't have acne. Because they aren't genetically prone to get acne. Most lifetime smokers never get lung cancer either. That doesn't mean smoking isn't a factor in lung cancer.

It's also extremely common to be allergic to peanuts.

Edited by alternativista