Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pes3108

Best foundation???

What is the best foundation that you guys have used that hasn't broken you out?? My skin is moderately oily, but not too bad. I break out really easily, and I need something to cover my acne. I usually have 1 or 2 cystic bumps and then marks left over from previous breakouts. I am in college and dirt poor, so I can't afford anything too expensive.

Also, I saw stuff about using a primer before applying foundation?? please help!!!

Edited by pes3108

Hiya!

Definitely use a primer, I have done for a while and it really helps first of all with filling in large pores and secondly for just smoothing out the skin. It also makes a layer between skin and makeup, so its better for your skin :) I use:

http://www.boots.com/en/LOr%C3%83%C2%A9al-...-Primer_947702/

or:

http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ser...p;y=0#container

i know theyre both expensive (trust me im poor too lol), but theyre really good. Infact the first one is the best, its amazing.

For foundation, I use Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse. It's not as good as my old No.7 mousse foundation but they discontinued it so i had to change-i almost cried it was amaazing!!! haha

Also dont forget concealer; get a shade darker than your skin and then put foundation over the top.

My routine is use a facewipe to clean any night time oil or whatever off the face lol, then moisturise with freederm zone balancing moisturiser (hardly any, let it all sink in), then prime, concealer, foundation, blusher, eye makeup etc. But defo DEFO use a primer, if you dont have a smooth base then any foundation will look a bit rubbish and flakey.

I have oily skin too btw, and this all works for me.

Hope I was of some help, good luck :)

xxx

Don't use mac, it's so bad for acne prone skin! Almay is the makeup brand recommended by this site and i've used it and liked it pretty well. I also like physicians formula if you want a heavier foundation, and neutrogena powder is good. Urban Decay from sephora is also pretty quality but more expensive.

I found that revlon had fairly good coverage for a department store brand and doesn't break my skin out. COver girl isn't a brand I like that much but their concealer in the tube (liquid) doesn't break me out. it isn't great coverage, I think it might be for under eyes, but I use it because it doesn't break me out and is cheap. Hope this helps!

Sorry not department store brand- Pharmacy store brand). I have used revlon colorstay (which I like better) and another one they have which was fine, but more liquidy and not as good coverage.

its hard to decide on just one,i use laura mericer silk creme foundation in the winter cause its less dryin.smashbox halo powder foundation in the summer cause who wants a heavy foundation when its hot n sticky.and i always keep revlons colorstay on hand whenever i have a breakout or want extra coverage.i cant let go of my colorstay .

Everyday Minerals is the only makeup that doesn't make me breakout or make my face itch.

It also looks really natural, comes in four formulations (for dry, combination, oily or intense coverage skin) and has a huge array of colors to choose from, ranging from very fair to very dark, with different undertones for each color.

It's the only thing that matches my really light, slightly pink skin.

And it's only 12$ for foundation, 8$ for concealer.

You have to order off their website though- that's the only inconvenience.

I also suggest their makeup brushes, because they're made with really soft bristles that don't irritate sensitive skin like all the other ones I've bought from Walmart or drugstores.

Also, unlike liquid foundations, it doesn't cake on acne and make it look worse!

Everyday Minerals is the only makeup that doesn't make me breakout or make my face itch.

It also looks really natural, comes in four formulations (for dry, combination, oily or intense coverage skin) and has a huge array of colors to choose from, ranging from very fair to very dark, with different undertones for each color.

I also suggest their makeup brushes, because they're made with really soft bristles that don't irritate sensitive skin like all the other ones I've bought from Walmart or drugstores.

Also, unlike liquid foundations, it doesn't cake on acne and make it look worse!

DITTO!

I've been using Everday Minerals for like 2 years now. It never causes breakouts, and my skin looks absolutely flawless!

Also, it's powder (minerals) and not liquid, so it won't grow bacteria as easily, which a great plus for us acne-prone people.

One container lasts a while, too, so it ends up being really cheap. I definitely recommend trying it.

MAC is fancy that's all. It's thick and full of chemicals. It gives you that Full coverage at the expense of suffocating your pores.

I have tried every foundation on earth, I do make up on the side, and look more on the organic foundations that don't seep toxins into your skin. I personally have really liked Korres Ginger & Vitamins Foundation provides sheer to medium buildable coverage, a creamy finish, and SPF 10 UVA/UVB Broad Spectrum sun protection. This brand favorite contains ginger to tone and clarify with Antioxidant Vitamins C and E to prevent visible signs of aging. You can find that at Sephora for I believe 28.

I am greasy but I liked it...it was a bit runny but it gave my that young dewy look. sweep over mineral veil to absorb the grease. Keep rice blotting papers in your purse. :)

good luck

I've used SO MANY foundations since I'm a makeup addict.

The ONLY one that hasn't made my acne worse is a mineral foundation I buy off from a seller named pinkquartzminerals on etsy. It also has excellent coverage so you will need very little if any concealer.

I love Almay's Clear Complexion Blemish Healing foundation and for a primer CoverFx's Clearprep FX Matte Foundation Primer and Anti-Acne Treatment is pretty good.

Edited by Darling.Deer

DITTO!

I've been using Everday Minerals for like 2 years now. It never causes breakouts, and my skin looks absolutely flawless!

Also, it's powder (minerals) and not liquid, so it won't grow bacteria as easily, which a great plus for us acne-prone people.

One container lasts a while, too, so it ends up being really cheap. I definitely recommend trying it.

I ditto ditto this. Just got my everyday minerals concealer and foundation a few days ago and I am in love. And I used to be one of those 'only expensive brands' type of gal and this is much better, so that says a lot.