Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Baroo

If you're having trouble - Paula's Choice 2% Weightless Body Lotion - WORKS.

I've been using Paula's Choice 2% BHA Weightless Body Lotion for about three weeks now, and it's awesome. My back is completely clear, and my chest is almost clear. I use it on my face, too, at night. It's starting to fade the red spots.

It absorbs! It doesn't sit on your skin and make a film! After about 10-15 minutes, it's absorbed and your skin just feels soft and normal.

Cons: it smells kind of weird, like melon mixed with licorice, and it made me itch a lot at first, even though my skin wasn't dry.

Costs about $25 at the Paula's Choice website, and it's a decent sized bottle. A little goes a long way.

To any of you still struggling, please give this a try. I use it every day after washing with whatever mild soap is on hand. It really, really works, and nothing ever works for me.

B

I am almost convinced, you had left a comment on my thread about this, Do you have hormonal acne? and did you have an intial break out from it, or did it just get better day after day? I haven't been to daring over my 10 yrs with light acne, but my friend and I are thinking of doing some trials, so maybe this wil be one of them. I'm just worried about an Initial breakout before summer, because I can usually control it throughout the summer with tanning and swimming and such.

Is there any bad ingredients in it that clog pores or irritate skin?

I am almost convinced, you had left a comment on my thread about this, Do you have hormonal acne? and did you have an intial break out from it, or did it just get better day after day? I haven't been to daring over my 10 yrs with light acne, but my friend and I are thinking of doing some trials, so maybe this wil be one of them. I'm just worried about an Initial breakout before summer, because I can usually control it throughout the summer with tanning and swimming and such.

Is there any bad ingredients in it that clog pores or irritate skin?

I have hormonal acne on my face, on my chin, just a little. My face isn't really much of a concern, although I do use it on my face. The acne on my body doesn't seem to have any pattern.

I didn't have an initial breakout; I didn't purge. I think some people have done so on the product, but it starts to work very quickly. I started clearing up in a couple of days, and like I said, my back is completely clear and my chest is close. My acne is pretty moderate - I don't know how it works on cysts or anything. I use Staphaseptic on cysts, since I get them on occasion.

It's very gentle on the skin. It leaves mine very soft and has calming ingredients. If you look at the reviews on makeupalley.com and on the Paula's Choice website, you'll see - people love this crap, which is why I decided to give it a try. I'm glad I did.

Give it a shot! Let me know how it goes.

Ok, I am going to order it. I'd say my bacne is light-mild. (3 picked pimples that probably would have gone away by now, and about 5 clogged pores that are just slightly red but not very noticable)

All my pimples seem to be just clogged pores that are slightly red and not too noticable, but then I sometimes pick at them and they get inflamed and scabby and more noticable. I am going to stop picking because the only pimples that are bothering me right now are the ones that I had picked. The other ones are bareable and only noticable up close in a mirror.

I also have 1 scab on my chest, and I shouldn't have picked at it because it was so small last week but I did, I had another one that I wanted to pick last night but instead I just spot treated it and it has been reduced by 50% over night, I actually can't even find it anymore unless I look REALLY hard. So no picking is KEY for me! So hard though.

Anyways, how did you decide to start with the 2% Weightless Body Lotion? Did you ever think to start on the 2% BHA liquid, lotion, or gel, just the general one for face and body? I am confused with which I should use, I current don't moisturize, I am scared to try anything that will clog my pores, I Just shower with ProActiv body wash, (only light scrubbing now, the rough scrubbing broke me out the worst) and spot treat with Salicylic Acid, so I think BHA is the correct route for me to go.

Also, do you shower twice a day? My family keeps telling me it's bad for you and it'll make things worse, but how can it? They are also cranky about all the water they think I'm wasting - HELLO I HAVE BACNE! I wash my face 3x a day and rareley get pimples. I usually do a 10 minute shower at night and then a 2 minute rinse in the morning to freshen up.

Generally, I only shower once a day. Otherwise, my skin would dry out, and it does weird things to my hair. I don't think 12 minutes of total showering a day is out of line, though.

I used the body lotion because I read about it working for body acne. I guess I could try the other things. Of course, I went away for five days to visit family and only used it once, and then I was outside on Sunday so I started breaking out again.

If you get the lotion, you can get samples of other things, so maybe you can do that and see if other stuff works for you. I hope this does, though. Keep me posted.