Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
opalfine

Is this what I have? +pics

Im a 16y.o. female whos been dealing with acne for around 4 years, with fair, dry skin. Acne hasn't really bothered me before but now that I'm getting older, I'm getting pretty embarrassed.

My acne was first on my forehead, but later migrated to my cheeks. But lately I've noticed that I don't really have "bumpy", raised acne anymore, it appears like it's on the same level as my skin or even a little underneath. There are some small raised parts but not many, and they arent that noticeable. I also have lots of blackheads. I very rarely get actual zits, it's mainly just this flat red stuff.

So, do I have hyperpigmentation? If I do, what are some steps I can take to get rid of it? I've already noticed faint rolling scars and I really don't want them to progress any further. :( Please, I'll try anything!!

Thanks so much in advance!

post-148493-1302141046_thumb.jpg post-148493-1302141065_thumb.jpg post-148493-1302141078_thumb.jpg

post-148493-1302141046_thumb.jpg

post-148493-1302141065_thumb.jpg

post-148493-1302141078_thumb.jpg

I've heard of that, but where can I buy it?

i buy the powder form that i use (which i make into a paste or have occasionally drank with water) at publix(other major supermarkets should have them)... its totally gotten rid of the acne i had (mild-moderate-occasional cysts >:/ ) and prevented new ones from forming...

this is a great thread to check out: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/turmeric-...ng-t221077.html

it gets rid of scars no matter how big (logically though the bigger ones will take longer)... since i was very VERY fortunate enough to not have "deep" scars but rather just "surface" PIH ones (like a stain rather than a hole) i personally wouldn't know how turmeric is towards deep scars.. i believe i read somewhere that it also helps with those types of scars... just google it if anything.. [i JUST COPIED A POST OF THE WHITE PANTHER ABOVE :P , HOPE U DON'T MIND]

I've heard of that, but where can I buy it?

i buy the powder form that i use (which i make into a paste or have occasionally drank with water) at publix(other major supermarkets should have them)... its totally gotten rid of the acne i had (mild-moderate-occasional cysts >:/ ) and prevented new ones from forming...

this is a great thread to check out: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/turmeric-...ng-t221077.html

it gets rid of scars no matter how big (logically though the bigger ones will take longer)... since i was very VERY fortunate enough to not have "deep" scars but rather just "surface" PIH ones (like a stain rather than a hole) i personally wouldn't know how turmeric is towards deep scars.. i believe i read somewhere that it also helps with those types of scars... just google it if anything.. [i JUST COPIED A POST OF THE WHITE PANTHER ABOVE :P , HOPE U DON'T MIND]

@Aviont i had to literally LOL

i started reading and i'm like "wow this sounds like something i would write"... and then i saw the link and i like "wth he's even using the same link i posted"... lmao then i saw the end sentence :lol:

made my day ..

btw its a cheetah not a panther :)

@opalfine- what aviont wrote is sopt on ;)

good luck!

It looks like you are picking your skin! Please dont! I stopped picking my skin for the past week and it healed a lot. I think red LED light therapy would work great on your scars and acne and maybe even stop it in it's tracks because it's so mild. Goodluck!

Don't use turmeric on your face. It turns everything orange and stains your fingers. If your face gets stained an orange color, then it will take like 3 days for the color to fade. You'll get aggravated trying to get rid of that annoying stain on your face. Don't use turmeric. You have other options.

You have red and brown hyperpigmentation, scarring, and acne. You should visit a dermatologist and see what they recommend in terms of antibiotics. If you do not take care of the present acne and prevent future acne from forming, then working on red marks will be useless since new pimples will leave new, fresh marks. Get your acne under control and then go back to work on the marks.

Edited by Sima

Don't use turmeric on your face. It turns everything orange and stains your fingers. If your face gets stained an orange color, then it will take like 3 days for the color to fade. You'll get aggravated trying to get rid of that annoying stain on your face. Don't use turmeric. You have other options.

You have red and brown hyperpigmentation, scarring, and acne. You should visit a dermatologist and see what they recommend in terms of antibiotics. If you do not take care of the present acne and prevent future acne from forming, then working on red marks will be useless since new pimples will leave new, fresh marks. Get your acne under control and then go back to work on the marks.

Hey.. hey, slow down! don't be so rude on turmeric. Mix the powder with baking soda/besan and use lemon juice instead of plain water. It will work out for the stains. Though derm. is a good option but not neccessary if its not that severe(mine is severe, still i'm relying on turmeric.. i think it's working at a slow rate!)

Edited by Aviont

How much tumeric are you supposed to take internally. A teaspoon daily?. Also how do you take it, I cant imagine drinking a raw spice being very nice.

Edited by Durzo

How much tumeric are you supposed to take internally. A teaspoon daily?. Also how do you take it, I cant imagine drinking a raw spice being very nice.

Well, i do use turmeric but don't prefer taking it internally. You can drink it with milk adding li'll sugar.. it's damn tasty but milk is something which acne sufferer's usually avoid(me too). But if you prefer taking turmeric internally then have 1 n 1/2 teaspoon with 2 teaspoons of sugar in a glass of milk otherwise it's yak!

i tried it with water and for the love of me took forever finishing the little i had poured myself >_< imma try it with milk and see :) thanks aviont

...btw i heard tho it takes awhile for it to kick in if ur consuming it

Edited by dragonfly21

I guess ill take it in milk then.

I dont see where the negativity against milk comes from in acne circles. Is not evidence against it flimsy and sparse?.

It certainly has no bearing on my acne, as having been a heavy milk drinker for long periods over the years when the mood takes me there's never been any effect when I have lapsed away to other drinks for months or even years at a time.

Also milk is very good for you in terms of calcium and bones etc.