Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MehlenChan

Just Another Claravis Log =D

Hello everyone!

This is just one of the many logs on here, but I thought I would post in hopes of support and answers to some questions that I have. I actually don't pick up my prescription until monday and I just cannot wait! Like a lot of people on here I've had acne since a young age. On my face it first came when I was 10, and then a year later it infected my back and chest. I've always had very low self-esteem, even before the acne, but it completely crushed my tiny confidence until it was non-exsistent. Only this year, with the support of some very close friends and my amazing twin, have I actually began to go places and feel comfortable in my own skin. Pathetic aren't I?

Well anyway, lets get to the questions! I'm a very forgetful and off-topic kind of person and things that I mean to ask my dermatologist never come up during my appointment. So my first question is about the IB. I have not taken anything beforehand that could lessen it, was there anything you did or anything you know of that I can do that will make it less drastic then I expect it will be?

Another question is if Claravis is just Accutane marketed under a different name. Does one work better then the other if it isn't?

My last question is about losing weight on Claravis. Does it even work the same way as Accutane? I have recently started a quest to lose weight (I've lost 8 pounds already) and I was wondering if this would significantly affect my health if I continue to do so while being on Claravis. I'm a chubby bunny, but I can wait to lose the weight after I get off if the risk is to great.

That reminds me, I'm a 14 year old female, 133 pounds, soon to be on 60 mg of Claravis for 5 months (I think I'm right on the time period). My twin and I are going on it at the same time, so I'm lucky to have her to lean on. I wish everyone who has started and is going to start the best results!

......I really sound annoying don't I? xD. Sorry about that, I'm not the best person at conveying thoughts and such through writing.

Hello everyone!

This is just one of the many logs on here, but I thought I would post in hopes of support and answers to some questions that I have. I actually don't pick up my prescription until monday and I just cannot wait! Like a lot of people on here I've had acne since a young age. On my face it first came when I was 10, and then a year later it infected my back and chest. I've always had very low self-esteem, even before the acne, but it completely crushed my tiny confidence until it was non-exsistent. Only this year, with the support of some very close friends and my amazing twin, have I actually began to go places and feel comfortable in my own skin. Pathetic aren't I?

Well anyway, lets get to the questions! I'm a very forgetful and off-topic kind of person and things that I mean to ask my dermatologist never come up during my appointment. So my first question is about the IB. I have not taken anything beforehand that could lessen it, was there anything you did or anything you know of that I can do that will make it less drastic then I expect it will be?

Aside from additional medications there is not much you can do for the IB I'm afraid, but it's a good sign. Try to not touch your face.

Another question is if Claravis is just Accutane marketed under a different name. Does one work better then the other if it isn't?

Same active ingredients; should be no important difference. They're essentially the same.

My last question is about losing weight on Claravis. Does it even work the same way as Accutane? I have recently started a quest to lose weight (I've lost 8 pounds already) and I was wondering if this would significantly affect my health if I continue to do so while being on Claravis. I'm a chubby bunny, but I can wait to lose the weight after I get off if the risk is to great.

You may get joint/muscle pain if exercising on Accutane. In any case, make sure you're drinking lots of water (3L/day).

That reminds me, I'm a 14 year old female, 133 pounds, soon to be on 60 mg of Claravis for 5 months (I think I'm right on the time period). My twin and I are going on it at the same time, so I'm lucky to have her to lean on. I wish everyone who has started and is going to start the best results!

You are on a perfect dose and treatment length for your weight in my opinion. It will be fascinating to compare your results and progress to that of your twin sister, a fact I'm sure is not lost on your Derm.

......I really sound annoying don't I? xD. Sorry about that, I'm not the best person at conveying thoughts and such through writing.

Also, take your medication with food (preferably fatty) to maximise absorption and have lip balm/moisturiser ready.

Edited by jimmy188

@biggs881; Thanks for answering my questions :)! I'm very bad about picking at my skin, any advice you can give to help me try and stop? Also, are there any healthier fatty foods that I could eat?

Okay then, on to whats happened so far :D.

Day 1: No noticable or significant changes in my skin.

Day 2: The skin on my face felt smoother, but there was no change in number of pimples or redness (I didn't actually expect there to be). The acne on my back seemed less red though.

Day 3: There was less oil on my face when I woke up and my skin seemed more dry then usual. I have been regularly moisturizing, applying sunscreen, and lip balm so I'm hoping the dry skin won't be to much of a problem. No sign of IB yet (Yay!).

For those who are curious (if there is anyone), my sister has had about the same symptoms as me with only slightly less dryness.