Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi all,

I have been on the regimen for around 6 months now, and wanted some advice.

My skin started off very dry, particularly in the winter months. As a compromise I only do the regimen at night now, and probably only using half the amount recommended. I still get a few pimples, but nowhere near as bad as before - success on that side.

However, I have noticed that my skin is oily/greasy now, even during the day when I don't use BP. I have alternated (in the day) using/not using moisturizer and that makes no difference. It could be that switching things up has thrown off my skins oil production rate. Or, it could be that my skin has permanently shifted in how it produces oils.

At any rate, I'm looking for a solution. Dabbing my face with toilet paper every hour isn't cutting it (lol), so what do you guys use when your face gets oily?

Cheers

Hi all,

I have been on the regimen for around 6 months now, and wanted some advice.

My skin started off very dry, particularly in the winter months. As a compromise I only do the regimen at night now, and probably only using half the amount recommended. I still get a few pimples, but nowhere near as bad as before - success on that side.

However, I have noticed that my skin is oily/greasy now, even during the day when I don't use BP. I have alternated (in the day) using/not using moisturizer and that makes no difference. It could be that switching things up has thrown off my skins oil production rate. Or, it could be that my skin has permanently shifted in how it produces oils.

At any rate, I'm looking for a solution. Dabbing my face with toilet paper every hour isn't cutting it (lol), so what do you guys use when your face gets oily?

Cheers

My face doesn't get oily anymore...oil cleansing has changed my oil production significantly. I didn't see this effect right away though. So, even though you said using moisturizer doesn't make a difference, unless you have consistently controlled these two variables for months at a time, I wouldn't be too quick to judge. It sounds like your skin really wants some moisture. So, doing things like jojoba oil (or, other oil), cleansing with your lathering cleanser for shorter lengths of time, moisturizing adequately (but too much can suffocate the skin) and maybe considering adding in oils to your moisturizer. Avoid hot water. Basically, do things that would make your skin dry. Counter-intuitive yes, but by doing so, your body will eventually realize it is properly hydrated and will slow down oil production. Drinking more water and eating a good diet is also a godsend to lowering oil production.

This advice I hope isn't frustrating. To see results you have to be patient, but I believe they really work. Hope you figure it all out!