Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Acnesucks33

what to do with popped pimple...

personally, i'd keep the area clean, dry and gently moisturized. to be honest--if you're referring to that thick petroleum jelly stuff--don't! ever! it's just soo thick and oily. i mean, unless you feel like it works for you..... feel free... but for me, after i'd popped a pimple (usually at night), i'd wash my face, dab some tea tree oil on the spot (antiseptic) and plop a small glob of aloe vera gel on the spot (healing and and moisturizing). in the mornings, i apply a very gentle moisturizer and sunscreen. personally, i wouldn't keep it moisturized that intensively, especially with vaseline. i think the important thing is to make sure it will not be infected (hence, tea tree oil) since infections make the healing process longer.

When i pop a pimple I put some polysporin but it is very oily so I only apply a a very little amount or I put some honey on the area of the popped pimple.

When i pop a pimple I put some polysporin but it is very oily so I only apply a a very little amount or I put some honey on the area of the popped pimple.

I'm on accutane so my popped zits turn into a huge scab, should I be putting anything on it or just let the scab do it's thing?

Cover it with an antibacterial ointment and bandaid for night time. Having it scab increases the chances of scarring, so keep it moist.

Edited by BeadyB

Cover it with an antibacterial ointment and bandaid for night time. Having it scab increases the chances of scarring, so keep it moist.

ok so i got a "keep it dry and let it scab" and i got " keep it moist and soft" so anyone else no what to do? lol

I would keep it moist but doint use an ointment. If anything apply bactroban cream or polysporin cream to it. (if it its raw skin). But if its just a pimple..applying rubbing alcohol on a qtip and applying it to the blemish would help dry it out as well.

I would keep it moist but doint use an ointment. If anything apply bactroban cream or polysporin cream to it. (if it its raw skin). But if its just a pimple..applying rubbing alcohol on a qtip and applying it to the blemish would help dry it out as well.

its not a pimple it doesnt hurt, its just a big hard scab thats not going anywhere,im gunna start putting vaseline on it or something moist cuz this air drying approach is not working and they itch like hell, there on my jawline.

its not a pimple it doesnt hurt, its just a big hard scab thats not going anywhere,im gunna start putting vaseline on it or something moist cuz this air drying approach is not working and they itch like hell, there on my jawline.

ive been keeping it moist constantly with vaseline and its not forming a scab is this good or do you want a scab?

found a good article explaing that you SHOULD keep an open wound (pimple that was popped) moist. http://www.squidoo.com/keep-wound-moist-or-dry

Edited by Acnesucks33

Perhaps try Cetaphil moisturining Cream...

ive been putting neosporin on them and there moist all the time so there not forming a scab. Is this good, cuz ive heard scabs actually INCREASE healing time.

Perhaps try Cetaphil moisturining Cream...

ive been putting neosporin on them and there moist all the time so there not forming a scab. Is this good, cuz ive heard scabs actually INCREASE healing time.

I've actually heard the complete opposite. I wanted to make sure it wasn't just me so I did a bit of research. It makes sense when you think about it. Moist and covered seems like the best way.

"DO Cover A Cut: Many people are confused by this tip, is it best to let a cut "breathe," or should you always stick a Band-Aid over it? The answer is - go with the Band-Aid. When you don't cover a cut, it dries out and scabs over. This scab is not a good thing; it only presents a barrier to healing. You want to keep a cut moist and prevent a scab from forming. Vaccariello advises treating cuts with Neosporin and covering with a band-aid for a week. Then continue to dab the wound with Vaseline or something similar and keep covered until new skin begins to grow. "

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/05/22/...ain555189.shtml

There is also this one. I'm not saying the honeymark is good or bad, because I have no idea.

"Some people think that a scab promotes healing in a wound. This is not true. A scab is dead cell material that deprives the tissue underneath of nutrients and moisture which is necessary for the regeneration of skin tissue. Scabs prevent the skin from growing flush with the surface of the skin and, therefore, are the cause of scarring. New skin tissue grows underneath the scab at a lower level than the rest of the skin. When the scab falls off, the new skin tissue that grew underneath remains at the lower level, creating deformity of the skin. In order to prevent scarring, a wound has to be treated properly from the beginning, allowing the new skin to re-grow flush with the level of the rest of the skin"

http://www.honeymarkproducts.com/how-to-pr...m-scarring.aspx

so you think i should keep them moist, it seems like when i keep them moist they dont get better though... :think:

I think so. Maybe try something else to keep it moist? I'm not an expert - just giving my opinion. :]

so you think i should keep them moist, it seems like when i keep them moist they dont get better though... :think:
Keep open wounds MOIST AND COVERED.

Petroleum jelly is fine. Use polysporin INSTEAD of neosporin *unless it's the cream* as neosporin has the comedogenic cocoa butter in it. More people have bad reactions to Neosporing than to polysporin.

but when i keep them moist they dont heal... but if i let it dry and form a scab it heals better... im so confused... if i keep vaseline,neosporin,etc. on it it doesnt scab up and doesnt ever really stop bleeding so i think in my case the dry way is the way to go...

Edited by Acnesucks33

lol idk. ive tried the moist approach with little success... so im just seeing if anyone has tried the DRY approach.

Edited by Acnesucks33