Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
losingconfidence

I'll be joining a Beauty Pageant!

Last February of this year i was chosen by my classmates as our class' representative on a beauty pageant. Of course i can't do that! Although i really want to join, my scars won't give me the courage to do so. What face will i show the judges and the audience? My face full of ugly scars? And i will be on the spot light making my scars even more noticeable than ever?! I felt like i will only be embarrassed. I hate it! I want to do something and yet because of these scars i can't! I feel like i've been hiding all my life! I know i can look so much much much better without these scars! :(

Now here's the problem, by the next pageant which is two years from now, i was the one going to join the pageant. This time i can't back out because they already let me pass this time. Rules are rules. SO I BADLY NEED TO BE SCAR FREE BEFORE FEBRUARY OF 2013! So i went to my derm immediately and she said she will do autostamping on me for two years, with once a month session. So i thought that i'll go for it hoping that after two years i will be scar free! But recently, there are posts here which are badly against dermarolling and needling. According to them excision is the best. But some say excision has high risk. Now i'm really confused which way to go. Help me decide guys.. AUTOSTAMPING or EXCISION????

You seem to be a legit user, I thought you were another sub-account.

But recently, there are posts here which are badly against dermarolling and needling.
Edited by Liquid_Ocelot

All i'm going to say is, it's not a coincidence that excision is being promoted so much recently and almost only by new users. Do your own research and don't take people's advice at face value. I personally recommend needling as a slow and steady approach to scarring, but i'm not going to lie to you and say that you'll definitely be scar free by the end of the treatment. 2 years is a realistic goal though.

Lol. Yes i'm not one of those newbies in disguise.

I know that i will still have these scars after two years. But at least i want to improve my deepest and biggest scars. My chicken pox scars are the ones that bother me the most. That's why i'm really confused which treatment to go.

Edited by losingconfidence

Guest Timehealsall

All i'm going to say is, it's not a coincidence that excision is being promoted so much recently and almost only by new users. Do your own research and don't take people's advice at face value. I personally recommend needling as a slow and steady approach to scarring, but i'm not going to lie to you and say that you'll definitely be scar free by the end of the treatment. 2 years is a realistic goal though.

I know that i will still have these scars after two years. But at least i want to improve my deepest and biggest scars. My chicken pox scars are the ones that bother me the most. That's why i'm really confused which treatment to go.

i just looked at your chicken pox scars.

Now, i dont know much about scar treatments, but maybe for your WORST chicken pox scar, you could try a more drastic approach?

Liquid_Ocelot I can see how this conspiracy theory has a little weight lol but here's what happened. miramira posted lots of information about scar treatments, so much that it's obvious he has been an avid researcher on this topic and a lurker. I've been lurking on here for 4-5 months now but never felt the need to ask questions until he posted this new information I had never heard of. I was set on getting needling done by a derm but I've been researching more and more.

Since then a couple of people have been, I guess you can say 'inspired' by his post and have been trying to get information out into the public real about excision (myself included). A persons join date is not their real join date, I wish that were true and that my scars were new so that they'd have more of a chance of healing :(

Edited by ricepuff

Liquid_Ocelot I can see how this conspiracy theory has a little weight lol but here's what happened. miramira posted lots of information about scar treatments, so much that it's obvious he has been an avid researcher on this topic and a lurker. I've been lurking on here for 4-5 months now but never felt the need to ask questions until he posted this new information I had never heard of. I was set on getting needling done by a derm but I've been researching more and more.

Since then a couple of people have been, I guess you can say 'inspired' by his post and have been trying to get information out into the public real about excision (myself included). A persons join date is not their real join date, I wish that were true and that my scars were new so that they'd have more of a chance of healing :(

Sure...that's what happened. miramar also said something similar to you, apparently he's been lurking here for 10 years and only just joined. How convenient.

I don't know why excision is being pushed so vigorously by this person, but all I know is a dishonest approach is being used and people should know that.

lol! Honestly, I have no ties to miramar. I even PM'd him a few days ago with more questions and he hasn't replied back, he might just be taking a break or something. Excision is being pushed by him as it is (now I may be wrong here because I am still unsure about needling) the only effective way of removing what causes the scar, scar tissue. If you want to remove the acne scar you have to get rid of the scarring beneath the top layers of skin. Now I know nothing about needling scars and whether that works, the counter arguments against his proposition that it only thins out the scar appear valid as well to me. I need to do more research, but if needling is ineffective then that rules out lasers and a lot of treatments.

lol! Honestly, I have no ties to miramar. I even PM'd him a few days ago with more questions and he hasn't replied back, he might just be taking a break or something. Excision is being pushed by him as it is (now I may be wrong here because I am still unsure about needling) the only effective way of removing what causes the scar, scar tissue. If you want to remove the acne scar you have to get rid of the scarring beneath the top layers of skin. Now I know nothing about needling scars and whether that works, the counter arguments against his proposition that it only thins out the scar appear valid as well to me. I need to do more research, but if needling is ineffective then that rules out lasers and a lot of treatments.

Just stop now. Anyone who isn't completely naive can see through this charade. From the join dates to the similar posting style and the constant 'lolling', it's painfully obvious. You just made it too obvious.

My personal favourite was the guy that posted a thread named 'SOLUTION TO ACNE SCARS' (just joined that day) and described a procedure that exactly resembled excision but didn't know the name of the treatment despite having it done. Thankfully miramar conveniently cleared things up with the first reply. It's just laughable at this point.

i just looked at your chicken pox scars.

Now, i dont know much about scar treatments, but maybe for your WORST chicken pox scar, you could try a more drastic approach?

Timehealsall you seem to sound sarcastic with my worst chicken pox scars. Well, my old pictures really don't show how much ugly they are. The chicken pox scar that i really want to remove is the one in the middle of my nose. Yeah..exactly on the middle front of my nose.

The truth won't set you free then. I don't know about the other guy your talking about but to me it's funny how this developed. All it took was two accounts with new join dates (which I've explained how that happened, he was a lurker and I was a lurker) and you suddenly think it's one person pushing for excision. Look at miramar's posts, he hasn't lied one bit, all he/she has done is give out solid information. There is also no reason for this conspiracy either, what would he/she gain by doing this? Your being irrational and in your last post half your argument is an attack on me replying to false accusations. Go get your head checked mate.

The truth won't set you free then. I don't know about the other guy your talking about but to me it's funny how this developed. All it took was two accounts with new join dates (which I've explained how that happened, he was a lurker and I was a lurker) and you suddenly think it's one person pushing for excision. Look at miramar's posts, he hasn't lied one bit, all he/she has done is give out solid information. There is also no reason for this conspiracy either, what would he/she gain by doing this? Your being irrational and in your last post half your argument is an attack on me replying to false accusations. Go get your head checked mate.

You don't know about the other guy i'm talking about? That's funny, because you posted in that thread along with miramar. Funny how you all turn up in the same places. It's not two accounts dude, it's 4 or 5 accounts all with recent join dates babbling about the wonders of excision, defending and reassuring eachother with every other post much like you're doing now.

Look at miramar's posts, he hasn't lied one bit, all he/she has done is give out solid information. There is also no reason for this conspiracy either, what would he/she gain by doing this?

I don't know, and I don't care why he's doing this. All I know is it's painfully obvious that he's using a dishonest approach and he deserves to be exposed for that.

I don't remember every persons nickname and post record. 'We' all turn up in the same places, the scar treatment forum yes because...WE WANT TO TREAT OUR *mod edit* SCARS. We should be debating treatment methods and not personalities.