Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
20feeling15

Is spiro right for me?

So I've been on spiro 50mg a day, which is low but I'm a pretty petite girl (5'2, 115lb), for 2 weeks. Obv. I know this is too soon to be looking for any results but I'm not sure if this is going to work for me.

I've read millions of reviews of this drug and it seems to be a godsend for many woman who have hormonal acne but I'm not 100% positive my scne is hormonal. I did some research and it seems the signs of hormonal acne are obviously when you get a breakout around your time of the month and also acne that shows up along your jaw line and/or your neck.

maybe I breakout around my, period but I can't say for sure..I guess I don't pay attention to it as often and I'm also on birthcontrol so I don't know if that would make a difference. Also, I break out on my cheecks and chin (and maybe once a month i may have a pimple on my neck)..So I don't know if it's really hormonal, it seems like my derm just kind of picked this medication because I didn't want to be on any antibioltics as it would affect my birthcontrol.

Anyone eles out there who wasn't sure their acne was hormonal and was on spiro? Or anyhting anyone eles would like to suggest?

So I've been on spiro 50mg a day, which is low but I'm a pretty petite girl (5'2, 115lb), for 2 weeks. Obv. I know this is too soon to be looking for any results but I'm not sure if this is going to work for me.

I've read millions of reviews of this drug and it seems to be a godsend for many woman who have hormonal acne but I'm not 100% positive my scne is hormonal. I did some research and it seems the signs of hormonal acne are obviously when you get a breakout around your time of the month and also acne that shows up along your jaw line and/or your neck.

maybe I breakout around my, period but I can't say for sure..I guess I don't pay attention to it as often and I'm also on birthcontrol so I don't know if that would make a difference. Also, I break out on my cheecks and chin (and maybe once a month i may have a pimple on my neck)..So I don't know if it's really hormonal, it seems like my derm just kind of picked this medication because I didn't want to be on any antibioltics as it would affect my birthcontrol.

Anyone eles out there who wasn't sure their acne was hormonal and was on spiro? Or anyhting anyone eles would like to suggest?

I wasn't too sure about my acne either. I got it mostly on my chin, sometimes a little bit on forehead. I got some on cheeks too.

I'm pretty sure mine is hormonal and I just started on 50mgs of spiro in February. I mainly break out on my lower cheeks and around my mouth, but never in the middle of my chin. I will get a zit about once a month on my chest, kind of like you said you get one on your neck about once a month. Since I've started taking spiro, I haven't noticed a decrease in acne, but my forehead has been breaking out!!! Idk if this is due to the medicine or do to the fact, that I recently started wearing foundation makeup because I'm super sensitive about people seeing my acne.

anyway, good luck!!! I've read it can take up to 6 months to work so don't lose hope! i'm trying not to...