Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

What i dont understand

Guest Timehealsall

The thing i do not understand is how people claim that scarring can be improved, but then some people also claim that THE MOST SHALLOW/SUPERFICIAL scarring cant be improved/gotten rid of?

That makes no sense to me. If really bad scarring can be improved, to say 70 percent, why cant you completely get rid of shallow scars, or by 80-90 percent?

Does retina or retinoids EVER completely get rid of the most shallowest scars (i am talking about those that are BARELY dented, barely).

??

i believe that scars can improved so well whatever the condition of it,but we different people with different Feelings , different hopes and Social situation,and that effect the our situation towards acne scars

this is because the most severe scars are also the ones that respond the most... and then the results reach a plateau

superficial scars are closer to the plateau to begin with, so they don't improve as much

if they are extremely superficial, then it may be a better idea to just laser them once or have an acid peel, as the risks associated with more invasive procedures may not be worth it

on the other hand, if you have severe scars... going through something like excision, which is of relatively higher risk, would be fine as it couldn't possibly get worse than your current scars