Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Riseht

What are these? Seeking recommendations

Hi there guys. I've been reading this boarding for a while, and after finding very useful information (thank you all for that), I decided to create an account and ask my own questions.

But first, some background on my case...

I'm an exchange student in the US, 17 years old, almost 18. I never really had trouble with acne, only a couple pimples now and then, until I had a nasty breakout in January. Back then I decided to buy those over-the-counter anti-acne kits, never knowing I was irritating my skin rather than helping it; some nasty red marks started to show up. Finally I found acne.org and I started using Dan's regimen; which I believe to be, at least, reasonable. Now it's April, and I still have some breakouts now and then, but I believe the situation is better than what it was in January. However, I'd like other people to take a look at my skin and manifest their opinions.

What's really going on with my skin? What is the best path to follow now? Is it possible to at least reduce these red marks before I go back home (in June)?

I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong area. I can't afford a dermatologist before I go back, so I'd really appreciate you guys' help.

Thanks in advance.

post-148431-1302050543_thumb.jpg

post-148431-1302050543_thumb.jpg

let me start off by saying there is no need to worry, I also have those, and by surprise I am the same age as you, they will fade away by time.

let me start off by saying there is no need to worry, I also have those, and by surprise I am the same age as you, they will fade away by time.

I sure hope you're right, mate. I consider myself a tough guy, but this thing is really taking me down. So what kind of Regimen are you using?

Hi there guys. I've been reading this boarding for a while, and after finding very useful information (thank you all for that), I decided to create an account and ask my own questions.

But first, some background on my case...

I'm an exchange student in the US, 17 years old, almost 18. I never really had trouble with acne, only a couple pimples now and then, until I had a nasty breakout in January. Back then I decided to buy those over-the-counter anti-acne kits, never knowing I was irritating my skin rather than helping it; some nasty red marks started to show up. Finally I found acne.org and I started using Dan's regimen; which I believe to be, at least, reasonable. Now it's April, and I still have some breakouts now and then, but I believe the situation is better than what it was in January. However, I'd like other people to take a look at my skin and manifest their opinions.

What's really going on with my skin? What is the best path to follow now? Is it possible to at least reduce these red marks before I go back home (in June)?

I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong area. I can't afford a dermatologist before I go back, so I'd really appreciate you guys' help.

Thanks in advance.

They look like PIH scars (post inflammatory hyperpigmentation) ... dont worry i have those and and im getting rid of them using turmeric!! you should look into it :D

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Turmeric-...ar-t221083.html

tell me what u think:)

I know you said you can't afford a dermatologist, but you will be wasting your time trying to maintain clear skin while you still have active acne on your face. You need to work on getting rid of the acne first and then work on fading the marks. Believe me, I tried to do the same thing. I paid a couple hundred dollars for a set of glycolic peels for my red marks yet I still had painful active acne on my face. It was a waste of money because the acne came back anyway. I went on a powerful drug called Accutane which completely removed acne from my system. I am not saying that you have to go on it. I'm telling you that you'll be wasting your time and money if you do not work on the acne itself, first.

@dragonfly21 Many Thanks. I'll definitely check it out. I believe natural medicine is always a good bet!

@Sima Thank you very much! I saw your post and I'm glad you were able to get out of this nightmare. First thing when I go back to my country will be seeing a derm. I'll definitely take Accutane if I have no other choice. But... this is harder than I thought. My life has changed totally in the past 3 months because of this. I'm the not the same outgoing guy I used to be... And the idea of going back to my country like this scares me to death. And I hate whining... Anyway, I'll keep on using Dan's Regimen and hope that gets my acne under control. Hopefully the red marks will start fading away too.