Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
daveuk78

allergy testing

Hi all,

I'm 32 years of age, male and always suffered with acne to a certain extent, I had accutane 10 years ago and since then my skin has never been perfect but its been manageable , I strive as most of us do for perfectly clear skin.

Recently my skin has been worse than usual and the problem isn't so much getting the spot its the red marks that they leave behind so I went to drs and got some tetraylsal which Ive been on 3 weeks now and also I've had one ipl .laser treatment so far and I'm having a second on the 21st.

Anyway I'm completely health conscious ..train hard in gym , don't drink alcohol ever , don't smoke , no drugs and have a great diet .......OR SO THOUGHT ! !

I read about 3 weeks ago that dairy was bad for acne so decided to cut it, I've always used milk as a source of protein in one way or another because of the gym, anyway I cut all dairy and switched to soya, at the same time I decided to have testing done for allergies and intolerance using DNA technology with a nutritional examination to see if I was lacking in anything .

TODAY THE RESULTS CAME BACK ....... not only am I intolerant to milk protein but I'm also soya intolerant as well ! ! I'm also wheat intolerant and have a host of other things that I should avoid .

Basically for years I've been poisoning myself without knowing it and strangely I've also suffered with acne for years to some degree or another as well , I also think its too much of a coincidence the acne has got worse since I started using soya ! Milk was causing it and soya was even worse. Not to mention bread .

I figure my body has been fighting all these things I've been putting into it for years and its likely my acne has been a result of this.

I would advise any of you suffering to get tested and see what you should and shouldn't be putting in your body !! It's very enlightening and can only be beneficial .

How and where did you go about getting this type of testing done?

There are loads of places that you can get tested online, just type test your intolerance in Google and you'll find one, its really easy to do, I just paid on line and the send you a prepaid envelope and questionnaire and you send it back with a hair sample and then you get the results in 7-10 days .

Wow I've never heard of just sending in a hair sample to get an allergy test done. Do you mind posting or PM'ing the company you used? I've been considering a company that requests a stool sample, but they didn't really offer a large spectrum of results so I was going to keep looking. I would really appreciate the info. I'm glad you were able to get some definitive answers.

Wow I've never heard of just sending in a hair sample to get an allergy test done. Do you mind posting or PM'ing the company you used? I've been considering a company that requests a stool sample, but they didn't really offer a large spectrum of results so I was going to keep looking. I would really appreciate the info. I'm glad you were able to get some definitive answers.

PM sent .

could you send me that pm as well. I had skin pricking done but everything came back negative

Hey, could you send me the PM too please? :) I got allery tested for dairy last year and it was negative but I don't believe that. lol

Allergy test by hair sample ? What ?

Could you send it to me as well ? I had a full blood allergy test and nothing came up positive.

Can you tell me the site as well.

Allergy test by hair sample ? What ?

Could you send it to me as well ? I had a full blood allergy test and nothing came up positive.

Can you tell me the site as well.

WWW.testyourintollerance.com

Good luck mate

Allergy testing made all the difference for me too! I had skin and blood testing and discovered I'd been eating lots of things I was allergic to. My allergist says avoiding such foods lowers overall inflammation which helps acne calm down. I believe it - I'm now clear and my skin's much less oily. I think using a good retinoid is helping too.

Allergy testing made all the difference for me too! I had skin and blood testing and discovered I'd been eating lots of things I was allergic to. My allergist says avoiding such foods lowers overall inflammation which helps acne calm down. I believe it - I'm now clear and my skin's much less oily. I think using a good retinoid is helping too.

Sorry to be the 20th person or so to bug you about this but i would like you to PM me the details of this company too i'm 29 and still suffering and will try anything at this point

Thank you x

I had a blood test done for food intolerances done a few years back. It cam back i was intolerant to dairy and blackcurrants but severely intolerant to yeast. I cut out bread, beer, wine and marmite (four of my favourite things :cry: ). I occasionally go back and drink beer and wine but as soon as i do i get a flare up of acne, so i think there is something in it, despite what my doctor says.

Theory

I had a blood test done for food intolerances done a few years back. It cam back i was intolerant to dairy and blackcurrants but severely intolerant to yeast. I cut out bread, beer, wine and marmite (four of my favourite things :cry: ). I occasionally go back and drink beer and wine but as soon as i do i get a flare up of acne, so i think there is something in it, despite what my doctor says.

YEP! I am doing this! I already got my blood drawn today to see if my hormones are outta whack and that's contributing to my acne. You can get a referral to an allergist from your primary care doctor.

And have you seen any significant improvement by changing your diet?

Keep meee posted!

Tempted to try out www.testyourintolerance.com

I must admit, I'm sceptical. Maybe because it's online rather than in person, and they could send me any old results back. Maybe it's because they use a hair sample and I assumed these kind of things would need a blood sample. I'm scared of needles so don't really fancy that.

The hair sample could be a good alternative. Plus, I've got plenty of hair to send them! :lol:

I'm quite sure they would come back with things that my body just cannot process. There just has to be something that has kept my acne going like this for all those years.

Nothing to lose really!

Mo

Tempted to try out www.testyourintolerance.com

I must admit, I'm sceptical. Maybe because it's online rather than in person, and they could send me any old results back. Maybe it's because they use a hair sample and I assumed these kind of things would need a blood sample. I'm scared of needles so don't really fancy that.

The hair sample could be a good alternative. Plus, I've got plenty of hair to send them! :lol:

I'm quite sure they would come back with things that my body just cannot process. There just has to be something that has kept my acne going like this for all those years.

Nothing to lose really!

i had this test done thanks to dave providing the website and Im still a bit skeptical. I had already cut out dairy, wheat and most gluten when I did the test. I was however consuming quite a bit of oats and corn in different varieties..I was somewhat following a aniti candida diet and that is why I was eating the steel oats and corn based products. I had also started a B5/B6 supplement as well. I had long suspected an intolerance to gluten or wheat as everytime I ate a bagel or pizza or any other bread type products, I would get these hive like welts on my face. I had started tracking my diet and writing things down. When the test came back, it said I was intolerant to corn, oat and was deficient in B5 and B6...It just seemed strange to me that the things I had recently started eating and taking and were in abundance in my systems, that I was now intolerant to...Wheat and gluten didnt come up...Here I am months later and I now avoid corn and oat and I still get the welt like hives every single day...Im actually sitting here touching one right under my eye..I just dont get it...Anyone have this done and it completely solve their skin issues?