Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RHS7787

Tea Tree Oil

Last night I went out and purchased some tea tree oil as I have read fairly good things about it here. Well i put some diluted oil on my red marks and this morning I woke up with a bunch of small bumps under the surface of my skin. Some are red. Could this be an allergic reaction? If you move your finger across it, it feels a little rough i guess you could say but you cant feel the bumps. I dont know what to do. Any tips? Thank you for all your help.

if you have had this sort of reaction, I would either stay away from tea tree oil altogether, or try diluting it in water before application and seeing if you get the same effect.

If you are not responding to tea tree oil, you could try substituting it with manuka oil or clary sage oil, both of which are milder on the skin but equally powerful against bacteria.

Thanks for the quick response. Yea I have never had anything like this happen before. I did dilute it some but I guess my skin does not like it to well. Any recommendations as far as healing techniques for the current reaction? thanks again to everyone who responds.

Perhaps you could put a drop of it on your arm and see if you have an allergic reaction. Although, You probably just used too much. I shave by using a couple of drops mixed with some jojoba - any more makes my face red and irritated. I also will occasionally put an undiluted drop on a pimple or 2 without any harm.

Now that I think of it I probably just used to much because in some areas where i put it on, it had no effect and in other areas those bumps are surrounding it. in one area though my skin is a little raised and red. im hoping this will clear up. Not expecting a miralce overnight just within a couple weeks or something. Anyone else experience anything like this?