Notifications
Clear all

little acne bumps on forehead?

MemberMember
(@unicornfairy)

Posted : 04/05/2011 4:41 pm

Ok so i am in my teen years (15) and i have these small bumps in the middle of my forehead, but no where else on my face. In fact, the rest of my face is relatively pretty clear. The bumps seem like they might be "soft closed comedones". But, they don't seem to ever go away! I've had them for as long as i can remember. My t-zone is sometimes oily but it isn't too bad, so I dont know why I have these bumps! there are dozens of them. What can I do to help them go away?

P.S. a trip to the dermatologist isn't an option for me, unfortunately.

MemberMember
(@ivy-2)

Posted : 04/05/2011 4:51 pm

If they're squeezed does anything come out of them? They could just be whiteheads.

My forhead gets tiny skin colored bumps and when i pick at them they have crap that comes out of them. They're hard little bumps.

MemberMember
(@stillgettingit)

Posted : 04/05/2011 7:30 pm

I got those when I was around 16 and I had them really bad. Just like you mine were only on the forehead and the rest of my face was clear. Oddly enough, when I was at a normal doctor visit the doctor noticed them and prescribed a facewash and some type of wipes. I really wish I knew what the meds were. They completely cleared them up. Now, I am 36 and a couple of months ago I had the same thing come back up as a problem. My forehead is not usually perfect, but they came back really bad. I started drinking a ton of water(no soda at all), I used 10% Benzoyl Peroxide wash from Oxy, and I used 10% BP Oxy lotion (just on my forehead). Anyways, after doing all that they cleared up in about 2 weeks. I keep doing everything the same to prevent any future problem. Like I said, my forehead seems to be prone to small bumps, but they look a million times better than they did a month or so ago.

MemberMember
(@unicornfairy)

Posted : 04/05/2011 8:34 pm

Thanks guys!

Ivy- When I squeeze them- I try not to now because it usually makes it bleed and scab (yuck!)- but, if squeezed, a gross yellowy oil plug type thing comes out. >_<

stillgettingit- Maybe I'll ask at a regular doctor's appointment, and I should probably try BP too, because I've just been using SA. I already drink lots of water and no soda, so I doubt that's the problem for me. Thanks for the tips! :D

MemberMember
(@unicornfairy)

Posted : 04/06/2011 4:44 pm

Also-- Should I exfoliate? How often? and is baking soda a good exfoliant?

MemberMember
(@pellydog)

Posted : 07/06/2011 1:32 pm

i have those bumps too on my forehead...benzoyle peroxide just makes them worse. i've been on accutane and it totally cleared it but now they're coming back. i just wash my face with spectro gel and itake 100,000 IU's of vitamin a and then 10 g of B5 i don't know if it's doing much but ya those stupid bumps are so stubborn

MemberMember
(@tortoise2013)

Posted : 07/10/2011 9:24 pm

@ Pellydog, do you mean 10,000 IU Vitamin A? Any more than that can be dangerous, especially if you are Vitamin D deficient.

I used to have skin-colored bumps on my forehead too, but Devita Rx Rosacea Rx cleared them up completely in about a week (I don't have rosacea, but the treatment worked for me anyway). Overall, my skin has never looked better. Mild acne around my mouth and jawline has cleared and I don't get clogged pores on my cheeks anymore either. The stuff is awesome!

MemberMember
(@heenaalia)

Posted : 04/23/2016 10:48 am

Can someone please help me get rid of these. I think they are clogged pores since my forehead tends to get oily throughout the day. My skin is completely clear on the rest of my face but my forehead has really bad clogged pores . Can someone please tell me what has helped them. 
I have inserted a pic of them 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@honeyhon)

Posted : 04/23/2016 10:56 am

On 7/6/2011 at 0:02 AM, pellydog said:

itake 100,000 IU's of vitamin a

isnt that toooo muchh?

Just now, Heenaalia said:

Can someone please help me get rid of these. I think they are clogged pores since my forehead tends to get oily throughout the day. My skin is completely clear on the rest of my face but my forehead has really bad clogged pores . Can someone please tell me what has helped them.

well i think ur bumps/pimples are rltd to digestive issues....
just do one thing...
drink lemon juice made of half a lemon everyday for atleast 2 weeks and see if therz any improvement... ur pimples can get worse in the beginning of the week but later everything will be fyn....
another rsn uh get pimple/bumps only on ur forehead cud be ur hair... may be the products uh use on ur hair cause them... so stay away from harsh products..ol d best