Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tiberius

Mixing Dan's BP with moisturiser?

I use Dan's BP at night - 2 pumps; however, I have generally avoided using it in the morning. I am usually in a bit of a rush to get out of the house, and I find even a little bit of Dan's BP leaves a notable sheen/white streaks for a while.

I do, however, moisturise most mornings. What do people think about adding 1 pump of Dan's BP to my regular morning moisturiser and mixing it in before putting on my face to reduce the effect mentioned above by using just the BP?

Will this help? Or could it make my acne worse? I guess 1 pump of BP + moisturiser mixed in the morning is better than no BP at all in the morning?

Erm, moisturizes don't necesarrily moisturize, but help retain moisture and soothe the skin. Dan's BP is meant to be soaked in for a very long time--it's just how the regimen works. Putting these products together I think wouldn't be a great idea, because they serve two completely different purposes. DKR is hard to follow I know, but really there are no shortcuts. I don't know if it would make your acne worse, but allowing BP to set before moisturizer might be the difference between clear skin and preventing your next breakout. Does that make sense?

Of course, you could always try. But really, I wouldn't mess around. Maybe try getting up 20 minutes earlier so you aren't in such a rush? Probably not the advice you wanted, but this solution will give you better results than your idea. Good luck!

Erm, moisturizes don't necesarrily moisturize, but help retain moisture and soothe the skin. Dan's BP is meant to be soaked in for a very long time--it's just how the regimen works. Putting these products together I think wouldn't be a great idea, because they serve two completely different purposes. DKR is hard to follow I know, but really there are no shortcuts. I don't know if it would make your acne worse, but allowing BP to set before moisturizer might be the difference between clear skin and preventing your next breakout. Does that make sense?

Of course, you could always try. But really, I wouldn't mess around. Maybe try getting up 20 minutes earlier so you aren't in such a rush? Probably not the advice you wanted, but this solution will give you better results than your idea. Good luck!

I was just hoping that the added moisturiser would reduce some of the visual effects I seem to get from putting BP straight on.

What about if I put a little bit of BP on in the morning? Like 1 pump or half a pump? Would this be pointless (as it requires 3 pumps) and not help my acne - or would it be better than putting nothing on at all in the mornings?

Edited by tiberius

Yeah it's a tough call. If I were to follow all of the regimen rules, I would say that it would be pointless. It's unfortunate! I totally wish you could put on BP and moisturizer together and have it work the same. But I think it's a cardinal rule of DKR to apply separately. Personally, I think it would just irritate your skin and lessen effect of BP. But that's just me speculating.

Also, moisturizer tends to sit on top of your skin, so applying the BP (which needs as much help as it can to penetrate deeper into the dermis) with the moisturizer really won't help it. You could try to search other possible ways to lessen the streaks? One thing you could do is massage the BP in for longer, like apply and add 3 more minutes of massaging to what you normally do. That always helped me.