Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello,

Recently whenever i think about my current circumstances i just feel totally drained and tired and then i can lie on my bed and sleep for many hours, even when it's 10:30 in the morning or 2 in the afternoon, I also find myself looking through pictures of good looking men/women imaging how good my life could be if i was like them, is this depression? :s

Hello,

Recently whenever i think about my current circumstances i just feel totally drained and tired and then i can lie on my bed and sleep for many hours, even when it's 10:30 in the morning or 2 in the afternoon, I also find myself looking through pictures of good looking men/women imaging how good my life could be if i was like them, is this depression? :s

I am no doctor but, the symptoms point to depression. I was like that the past 3months or so. No dating or anything. Last year, I was out all the time, dating, having fun with friends, and this year, I've become antisocial. Had little to no help from a doctor, they missed my appointment, 3months later, they call me for my "appointment," only for my dermatologist to tell me, I was suppose to see them 3months ago, wait to book another appointment. During that time span, I had a cystic breakout that resulted in a shallow scar. In the light, my skin has been damaged from over a decade of acne. Due to family struggling financially, they were always fighting over money, to occupied with stupidity to get me any help worrying about what it would cost them. Here I am struggling, depressed, and feeling hopeless.

I am not like that any more. Some days, I start slow, and I don't want to go out in public. Slowly making changes. I want to have a gf, a awesome life, friends, and feel great. Its hard to look in the mirror and not be happy with yourself due to outside forces beyond your control. You need to love yourself. You need to love yourself with acne and acne scars or without. You need to build your self esteem, confidence, date, and live your life. Life is too short. FInd inspiration in others.

I was on this forum for emotional/psychological effects when, someone asked if girls like good looking guys with acne/scars? Someone posted about Seal. I clicked on and saw his awful scar due to lupus. He was depressed like us but, he embraced his scar, and look at him: beautiful model wife Hedi Klum, amazing voice, multiple #1 hits, beautiful family, kids, and life. What if he just gave up cause of lupus from being a child? Did he deserve this? God no. What about those worst then Seal, with facial disfigurement or those who model, are beautiful, then are disfigured in a brutal accident?

Those mentally tough are disfigured, born at birth that way, disfigured in an accident, mix martial artists, horrible scars, and still, they push on through. Those guys are admirable but, I think they have something wrong with their brain. The guys and girls born disfigured or end up that way are incredibly mentally tough. You could be worse. Have faith. Things will get better man. If your feeling awful or notice horrible thoughts, SEEK HELP.

Hello,

No, what you described isn't depression. You just find it depressing and you're having a hard time dealing with your problem. Which is something else.

True depression means that... Well, it's worse. haha I heard one psychiatrist say that if you don't find any enjoyment in anything for two weeks you're officially depressed. So if you think of your favorite meal, do you still get excited? If you watch a comedy do you still laugh? If you click on this link do you still blush? If so, then you're not officially depressed, I think.

But you do need to be careful... I mean you're not exactly doing well so, if I were you I'd find someone to talk to about all of this. Someone who can help you feel better/help you cope better.

You realize most of these men and women are photoshopped or heavily make-up'ed right?

You would be surprised how many celebrities have skin issues.

I have a best friend which i've known for like 10 years and he knows im depressed n stuff, i talked to him and he was like 'wtf man ur much better looking then me, its not even bad' but I just cant see it :s

I have a best friend which i've known for like 10 years and he knows im depressed n stuff, i talked to him and he was like 'wtf man ur much better looking then me, its not even bad' but I just cant see it :s

I actually saw some photos you posted of yourself in some other thread. You know, where you indicated where the scars were with this black text? And to me it didn't look horrible. I mean I saw the scars. But they weren't severe judging by that pic. In MY mind at least. If you zoom in on every imperfection, you're going to bring yourself down, you know? That might the case in your case, I dunno.

Do people ever bring up your scars or do they indicate they noticed them in one way or the other? If they never do then that may be an indication to you that it's perhaps more severe in your mind than it is in reality, you know?

I can sorta relate to your post(s) btw. Right now it's a beautiful spring day where I live. If I look out the window now it's just gorgeous out there but I'm inside. haha I thought I'd go out for a bike ride but it's very hot in the sun and that kinda makes me blush like mad which makes me insecure. :confused: Usually I just go and do what I want to do but I have my days, you know? I'll probably go out later today though. :nod:

I didn't have enough groceries in the house so I had to go out today. haha It was ok once I was out there. And the upside is I now also have some Fanta Zero Orange in the house! :dance:

I actually saw some photos you posted of yourself in some other thread. You know, where you indicated where the scars were with this black text? And to me it didn't look horrible. I mean I saw the scars. But they weren't severe judging by that pic. In MY mind at least. If you zoom in on every imperfection, you're going to bring yourself down, you know? That might the case in your case, I dunno.

Do people ever bring up your scars or do they indicate they noticed them in one way or the other? If they never do then that may be an indication to you that it's perhaps more severe in your mind than it is in reality, you know?

I can sorta relate to your post(s) btw. Right now it's a beautiful spring day where I live. If I look out the window now it's just gorgeous out there but I'm inside. haha I thought I'd go out for a bike ride but it's very hot in the sun and that kinda makes me blush like mad which makes me insecure. :confused: Usually I just go and do what I want to do but I have my days, you know? I'll probably go out later today though. :nod:

I love the sun but I hate to go out in it because my scars really show when the sun shines on them, also i can see out of the corner of my eye that my nose is shiney :(

People never mention them but there used to be this chick in my class 1 year ago who would always look around my face when I was talking to her, for fuckin 5 seconds she would look at my temples n stuff and it made me hate talking to people because I hate when i see their eyes looking around my fucking face.

I bought a deramroller and some emu oil/supercop 2 so i hope i can fix my face :P

Only a doctor can diagnose you.

What you described could be warning signs of depression, but depression isn't just being really sad. It's actually a chemical imbalance in your brain that causes the mood problems, etc.

Get an appointment with your general practitioner, and then they can decide what to do from there.

I love the sun but I hate to go out in it because my scars really show when the sun shines on them, also i can see out of the corner of my eye that my nose is shiney :(

Ah, that sounds tough. :comfort:

People never mention them but there used to be this chick in my class 1 year ago who would always look around my face when I was talking to her, for fuckin 5 seconds she would look at my temples n stuff and it made me hate talking to people because I hate when i see their eyes looking around my fucking face.

Ya, that happened to me too. It's so awkward when that happens! :wall: Nowadays, it bothers me less though. After all, I've been walking around like this for no less than fourteen years so I've learned to deal with it all better by now. I figure it's only normal for people to notice imperfections. *shrugs* I still have my days though. haha Where I just wanna stay in. lol

I bought a deramroller and some emu oil/supercop 2 so i hope i can fix my face :P

Supercop? :think: What's that? Copper peptides? Good luck with that. :)

Edited by Lapis lazuli

Only a doctor can diagnose you.

What you described could be warning signs of depression, but depression isn't just being really sad. It's actually a chemical imbalance in your brain that causes the mood problems, etc.

Get an appointment with your general practitioner, and then they can decide what to do from there.

Hm. Might be a good idea... :think: Never can be too sure with things like this.