Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jea

White Scars (Hypopigmentation...I guess) HELP!!!

Hi All,

I just joined tonight...really sad about my skin. I have everything: cystic acne, black heads, 'regular acne, hyperpigmentation, hypopigmentation, raised scars, pock marks, pinhole scars...you name it! And I'm gonna be 43 years old on April 10th. It doesn't seem like my skin will ever get better,,,,and I seemed to have tried everything. Just depressed now.

Anyway, at the moment, I was wondering if there is anything that can be done for the white scarring (hypo-pigmentation, I suppose)I have on my face? It's mostly around my jawline.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jea

:(

you should probably look at the same treatment options as vitiligo sufferers. i've heard anecdotal accounts of how tars or fractional lasers have helped with hypopigmentation. there are also light based treatments, although I believe their results are just temporary.

If it really bothers you, you may want to look into melanocyte transplants. keep in mind that it will give you a scar in the donor though (not sure where the graft is taken from, but probably from somewhere less visible, inner arm perhaps).

you should probably look at the same treatment options as vitiligo sufferers. i've heard anecdotal accounts of how tars or fractional lasers have helped with hypopigmentation. there are also light based treatments, although I believe their results are just temporary.

If it really bothers you, you may want to look into melanocyte transplants. keep in mind that it will give you a scar in the donor though (not sure where the graft is taken from, but probably from somewhere less visible, inner arm perhaps).

thank you very much for your input! i will look into those things,,, i've never hear of them.

There is someone on this board who experienced amazing results for his hypopigmentation and raised scars after consistently dermarolling for more than a year.

There are lasers specifically for hypopigmentation, like Lumenis Relume.

There is someone on this board who experienced amazing results for his hypopigmentation and raised scars after consistently dermarolling for more than a year.

There are lasers specifically for hypopigmentation, like Lumenis Relume.

Thank you for the information. I will be sure to look into it!