Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alicecooper

1 banana a night=worst my face has been + stomach cramps

Maybe for the past 5 days I decided to start eating a banana for desert and to help with sleep. My acne hasnt been this bad in a long time.

yesterday was the last time i had a banana and I had two. BOTH times I ended up with a stomach ache.

What the hell does this mean? are there other fruits I should avoid?

Depending on how far reaching your sensitivity could be, you may be sensitive to amines which are high in bananas. You'll have to see if you are sensitive to other high amine foods as time goes on.

It means don't eat them!

It sounds like your sensitive to fructose.

I sincerely doubt it's the fructose.

A LOT of people on this board have issues with bananas because they're typically a somewhat high GI food (not actually high, but moderate, but higher than most fruits and veggies.)

Switch to strawberries or something with "berry" in the name. :P

What if you eat a similar GI/GL food at the same time (what fruit should he eat to test?) Do you have the same problems?

If you dont its probably not the sugar...

If its fructose apples and pears would be worse for you. (although i dont know if this is very likely)

If its not fructose and not GI you probably have a sensitivity to bananas.

The amines also seem unlikely to me. Dotty if its this what foods could he also have reactions to?

Someone else any ideas?

you may have a gastrointestinal condition.

I have crohns disease and cannot eat ANY bananas, or any disacharrides at all.

occasionally i will have cramps as well, but mainly disacharides initiate symptoms of diarrhea for me.

are you dehydrated? intestines need water to work well.

occasionally i will have cramps as well, but mainly disacharides initiate symptoms of diarrhea for me.

i dont get what could be so bad about bananas.

if i cant eat food that comes strait from nature, what the hell am i supposed to eat?!!?!??!

Alice nobody says they are bad(, ok maybe some). They might be bad for an individual because they are sensitive to it. Or might be bad for someone who is really insulin sensitive/ responsive to sugar. And you might find it hard to digest.

Its not a bad food. Only for some individuals. And sometimes its only temporary. Your health might improve and you might be able to digest them again.

i dont get what could be so bad about bananas.

if i cant eat food that comes strait from nature, what the hell am i supposed to eat?!!?!??!

yes i agree, its complicated and at the moment somewhat mysterious. what are we to eat when we react to foods so strangly. and the best answer i have yet is that it is because of the bacteria fermenting various maldigested foods in small intestine and large intestine. thats why other healthy people can eat all foods and not break out, while you eat the same foods and have strange reactions to them.

i started a thread based on this concept http://www.acne.org/messageboard/HCL-Hydro...su-t292744.html

if you are having serious problems, it would be a good idea to go see your general practitioner and perhaps get a referral to see a gastroenterologist. after you rule out dehydration of course, haha. also high quantitys of meat can be dehydrating because it requires lots of intestinal water content, if you eat a meal high in animal protein and low in insoluble fiber, which tends to increase the water content of the intestines encouraging easy transit, that could be another dehydrating factor.

Edited by AutonomousOne1980

@auto, not that that means you shouldnt eat animal protein xD You should just drink some more water and not be thursty...

^_^)ノ)-->

QUOTE (joris ヘ(^_^ヘ)(ノ^_^)ノ @ Apr 5 2011, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@auto, not that that means you shouldnt eat animal protein xD You should just drink some more water and not be thursty...

animal protein sources can require lots of water to be digested well. its best to cook the stuff until its falling off the bones, traditionally this is how people like it anyways.

im not really dissing animal protein here, but this is a negative aspect of it.

Autonomous - Do you happen to know if you are gluten sensitive? In all the research I have read, Crone's Disease is now a disease that is hand in hand with gluten intolerance. Also, I know one family who has about 10 cousins with Crone's Disease and they all just discovered they are gluten intolerant as well.

Autonomous - Do you happen to know if you are gluten sensitive? In all the research I have read, Crone's Disease is now a disease that is hand in hand with gluten intolerance. Also, I know one family who has about 10 cousins with Crone's Disease and they all just discovered they are gluten intolerant as well.

how does someone measure a gluten intolerance?

i believe this is related to celiac disease which i think also has intestinal permeability issues.

as far as i can tell, i do not have any bad reactions to gluten.

Auto- do you live in the US? If so, certain states have doctors who work with Cyrex Laboratory, one of the best labs that offer really accurate gluten sensitivity tests.

Joris gave me a site that has a few doctors in it by state (Although they are few):

http://www.thedr.com/index.php?option=com_...r&Itemid=32

If you are not near a state that has a doctor who works with Cyrex Labs, you can use EnteroLab:

www.EnteroLab.com $99 stool test -- the lab works directly with the patient

Edited by Dotty1

If you cant get access to cyrex lab you could also try to find a "deamidated gliadin" test instead of a regular gliadin test (like the entrolab). Although regular gliadin tests are good in detecting fully onset celiac they arent good at detecting developing celiac. Multiple studies suggest this. Although I dont know which lab you should get this, and which labs are good. So it might still be a reason to go to entrolabs, you with chrons disease probably and already older than 20 probably have fully onset celiac anyway.

(celiac being that your gut is already completely screwed up, not just gluten sensitivity)

random study, because I dont like saying "multiple studies" without even linking one : http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21063208?dopt=Abstract

And I would also like to note that "test array 3" is they one thats so good of cyrex lab. It tests for multiple gluten peptides instead of just one. Since not every celiac/gluten sensitive has antibodies to gliadin. (some studies suggest only 50% has this). Thats why the test is way more accurate. I dont know about the price though. And you need to work with a doctor. To bad Im not in america and dont have acces to such test. Im thinking of doing a diamidated gliadin one. But its hard to find good tests where I live.

Edited by joris ヘ(^_^ヘ)(ノ^_^)ノ