Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
edgeofseventeen

long time sufferer, newbie to this community: scar q's

I need help! Spring break is arriving soon... looking to do some sort of procedure for my scars. I don't really care about the dark spots because I know those will leave after a while... I'm looking more to make the texture of my skin even again. I have tiny pits, imprints and dents on my face that I'm looking to get rid of. These photos are the best I could get... to show the detail. I wear make-up sometimes... but make-up is just temporary since I'm insecure : P

Even if I wear make-up, we all know without a professional make-up artist... I am not able to fill up these dents. I'm looking for a permanent procedures (unlike fillers) I was thinking of microdermabrasion or a medium chemical peel? I've only read reviews online. At the moment, I can't afford super chemical peels, dermabrasion or laser. I'd like to get results for at least 3-4 months before I take the next step... Any advice for a newbie like me?

I honestly wouldn't wear make-up if it weren't for these drastic scars. I know it may not look terrible like others' scars... but I would like flawless skin someday. Thank you for reading/listening to my whining : ) Obviously not wearing any makeup in these photos : ( By the way, I'm poor.. so I won't be able to do $1000+ treatments at the moment.. currently lokoing for something less than $300. Thanks.

ev9u9f.jpg

fve903.jpg

ngujdi.jpg

v6lsuf.jpg

Much appreciated : D

post-148393-1301974505_thumb.jpg

post-148393-1301974516_thumb.jpg

post-148393-1301974527_thumb.jpg

post-148393-1301974537_thumb.jpg

post-148393-1301974505_thumb.jpg

post-148393-1301974516_thumb.jpg

post-148393-1301974527_thumb.jpg

post-148393-1301974537_thumb.jpg

Those are superficial. You would benefit from a good peel. Not sure what kind though. There mild and will go away.

Those are superficial. You would benefit from a good peel. Not sure what kind though. There mild and will go away.

You have minimal scarring and any doctor to do an invasive procedure on you would be putting your otherwise healthy skin in jeopardy.

However if you must, and you want perfection I would suggest v-beam for discolration, tca 20%, pixel (erbium fractoinal).

good look

You have minimal scarring and any doctor to do an invasive procedure on you would be putting your otherwise healthy skin in jeopardy.

However if you must, and you want perfection I would suggest v-beam for discolration, tca 20%, pixel (erbium fractoinal).

good look

Thank you. I'm fine with the redness/discoloration. Don't mind that much...:) I'm more concerned about the minor pits/mini craters/ dents. :( These pictures don't show that much detail... but sometimes in the lighting... you can definitely see scratch marks/dents on my face. Make-up helps, but it doesn't help even out the texture. Would a light chemical peel work? I hope to only spend about $300 or less for a fix. I might do more procedures later... but as of now... I'm looking for a cheaper procedure as I have prom in a month... and a trip this summer to see some relatives. I've always been shy about my skin. And I assume that TCA 20% is the chemical peel that your'e talking about? I might do more research into that... also how long does the healing process take? Thanks guys : ) Much appreciated xx

I agree with Sanjose. Your skin looks great and your scars are minimal. I think maybe a few peels to help with the discoloration. Scars are hard to treat. V-beam is another good treatment. Scars are hard to treat. Maybe tca cross

I agree with Sanjose. Your skin looks great and your scars are minimal. I think maybe a few peels to help with the discoloration. Scars are hard to treat. V-beam is another good treatment. Scars are hard to treat. Maybe tca cross

good look

Thank you. I'm fine with the redness/discoloration. Don't mind that much...:) I'm more concerned about the minor pits/mini craters/ dents. :( These pictures don't show that much detail... but sometimes in the lighting... you can definitely see scratch marks/dents on my face. Make-up helps, but it doesn't help even out the texture. Would a light chemical peel work? I hope to only spend about $300 or less for a fix. I might do more procedures later... but as of now... I'm looking for a cheaper procedure as I have prom in a month... and a trip this summer to see some relatives. I've always been shy about my skin. And I assume that TCA 20% is the chemical peel that your'e talking about? I might do more research into that... also how long does the healing process take? Thanks guys : ) Much appreciated xx

If all you're willing to spend is 300 bucks, then I suggest you try to come up with 200 more bucks, and find a doctor who will do erbium fractional such as Pixel on you for that price.

You may even want to consider palovia home laser, 500 bucks also. I just ordered it, but haven't used it yet, so I don't know how well it works.

You also have to realize that scars for the most part are a permanent thing, no chemcial peel or laser is going to give you 100 percent scar free skin. If that is your goal, you will be upset with the results, just letting you know now.

I'm willing to splurge later next year but for now... any temporary but pretty good fix will suffice. I'm only 17... and I would never force my mother to pay for something we clearly can't afford. I think of a procedure as a selfish thing for me to do... but I just hate having scars :( I know more whining lol... I'll figure out my gameplan soon though :) Thanks for all the feedback/advice.

I'll look into pixel and see the reviews xx

Guest Timehealsall

this is reallly frustrating. Her scars are EXTREMELY shallow, and there is nothing that can even treat shallow scars like hers? Are you fking kidding me?

this is reallly frustrating. Her scars are EXTREMELY shallow, and there is nothing that can even treat shallow scars like hers? Are you fking kidding me?

No, they're not kidding. I have similar mild/moderate scarring and I have been trying to treat my scars since 2005. I've done dermabrasion, two fraxel treatments, two Total FX treatments, and three dermarolling treatments. Not to mention using creams every day which are supposed to help. And I am still here, still looking for the answer. :)

If all you're willing to spend is 300 bucks, then I suggest you try to come up with 200 more bucks, and find a doctor who will do erbium fractional such as Pixel on you for that price.

You may even want to consider palovia home laser, 500 bucks also. I just ordered it, but haven't used it yet, so I don't know how well it works.

You also have to realize that scars for the most part are a permanent thing, no chemcial peel or laser is going to give you 100 percent scar free skin. If that is your goal, you will be upset with the results, just letting you know now.

Erbium fractional laser left my cheeks red, like a hamburger color for like 4 months or more. Maybe because the setting was high but still I hate that laser. I agree with the tca peel. Your skin still needs sometime, so give it like 6 more month and just work on not breaking out anymore.

Erbium fractional laser left my cheeks red, like a hamburger color for like 4 months or more. Maybe because the setting was high but still I hate that laser. I agree with the tca peel. Your skin still needs sometime, so give it like 6 more month and just work on not breaking out anymore.

why are you repeating what I said? I think you forgot to use the quotes

Everyone is telling me everything different... I'm sure there is something out there... For now my primer and foundation will suffice... I hate putting that glop on... It's not like that many people notice except me... or say anything about my skin... I stopped breaking out massively... (cystic to all sorts of small pimples)... Then I got off my antibiotics....after a year... massive breakout returned : ( Then now I have this crazy scarring... although not as severe as a lot of other people's scarring on this website...

My life would be so much easier without having a make up routine... wash face...moisturizer....primer....bare minerals.... and sometimes extra liquid foundation when i'm going out somewhere really nice.... even then... these pits/dents are still seen in certain lighting... I am eating healthier... working out more... trying to get more sleep...bahahaaaa

I'm opting for a peel since I don't think that microdermabrasion would benefit me? Maybe a light peel for now? Then wait until I make some money so that I can find a better non-invasive procedure?