Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
westisbest

Pre - Accutane Qs?

Hey People

Quick question. Do you have to have the results of the blood tests before you can get your prescription of accutane? I will have my blood test done but i dont think the results will be ready. I dont want to go to the derm for him to tell me that i will be going on accutane but just not yet and have to wait till the next appointment just to get my prescription. Any comment would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Yes, you have to have the blood in before you can get the Accutane prescription. You also have to pick up the prescription in the time window they give you. If you do not make it within that window, they will withhold the prescription from you. For example, if your appointment is on a Friday, I suggest getting your blood drawn on Tuesday so there is ample time for the results to reach your dermatologist's office.

Yes, you have to have the blood in before you can get the Accutane prescription. You also have to pick up the prescription in the time window they give you. If you do not make it within that window, they will withhold the prescription from you. For example, if your appointment is on a Friday, I suggest getting your blood drawn on Tuesday so there is ample time for the results to reach your dermatologist's office.

Thanks Sima for the reply. Ya im getting my blood takin on friday and have my derm appointment on thurs(following week) Im not sure if thats enough time. Our health service is not renound for its efficiency! Cheers again

Uk here. Answer for me was no. My derm gave me my prescription the day she met me and said I could start straight away. I had my bloods done at the same time but didn't have to wait for the results.

Thats great. hopefully my derm will do the same. Im in ireland by the way so maybe they have the same process. Fingers crossed!