Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fudgestix

Moisturizer or good makeup for flakyskin?

Hi I'm 16, my skin is flaking madly. I have to wear make up because my face is red from BP! But it looks even flakier with makeup on[still looks better than the red face]. So any recomendations for moisturizers that work well under makeup? Or any makeup[foundation] that works well for flaky skin?

I USE JOJOBA OIL + Moisturizer [bio oil + Dan's Moisturizer]. Flakes just don't go away even if I exfoliate everyday.

Edited by fudgestix

i suggest a SUPER gentle physical exfoliation (like a soft washcloth, rubbed VERY SOFTLY in circles) before exfoliation

thats why your skin is still so flaky.. dont use the full amount. find an amount that keeps you clear but doesn't give you crazy flakes. most girls can't handle 2-3 pumps.

This is a recent post about a similar problem.

This is also an interesting thread. I started using it but the silicones in the serum clog my pores I think....

Drink a lot of water and find a good cream for night time use to help keep your skin as moisturized as possible! I also agree with the previous poster, cut down on the bp and maybe skip a day - your skin needs to heal

Edited by NessaVéneanár

Eucerin Q10 sensitive skin creme is good. I usually use it under my eyes because it's dry there but sometimes when I get flaky, dry patches on my face, I just use it all over.

I've posted about this in a couple of other peoples threads but I really have to rave about it. Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion and Peel System. That sucker works great and gets rid of any flaky skin I have. Has several other good benefits too....after I use it, I have smaller pores, no black heads, smooth skin. I can't say enough good stuff about this.

Anyway, hope you find something that works for you! :)

I also suggest a gentle exfoliation. You should also be wearing sunscreen!! It will really help your acne & dryness. I love La Roche Posay's Daily Moisturizer w/ SPF 15. 2 in 1, easy peasy!