Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NEGATIVE CREEP

Should I stop using serious acne cleansers with SA and switch to something more gentle like nivea for men's face wash?

i am 21 now and my acne isnt nearly as bad as it was in high school/early college but i still get a good amount of small zits. i dont get many big or deep ones anymore since i stopped using BP creams and limited the amount of times i washed my face so i didnt over dry it.

i seem to have your average case of mild acne right now. i also get a lot of ingrown hairs and zits from shaving but i am thinking of switching to a beard trimmer in hopes of limiting that. but my question here is should i stop using those serious acne cleansers with SA and just use stuff like nivea for men gentle face wash and their exfoliating scrub? i tried to stop using cleansers altogether and just take 2 showers but that didnt seem to work well.

i swear all those chemicals just seem like trouble in the long run... have u looked into natural alternatives? .. after all u say ur acne is not "severe"

I haven't washed my face since last Thursday and my face looks way better surprisingly - no actives and improvement in skin tone. Just have to let go of these products to let your face do what it needs to do naturally - rebuild from the damage done by acne products. These products constantly just set your glands out of wack while your skin is trying to compensate on what is going on and what you are doing to it. It's a no win situation and we need to keep the balance naturally. It knows what's good for it and getting rid of the natural oils is probably the dumbest thing one can do!

I could have gone out to the store to buy some drying products for my shoulders and (sometimes) chest breakouts, but nope, I simply avoided showering everyday and now I am smooth as a baby's bottom in every part of my body - always. I don't use soap! This is enough evidence for me personally to let thy body do what it needs to do.

From all that I have read, this is definitely the 'cure'/way to grow out of it.

Edited by floatingrhythm

what do you mean by natural alternatives? i tried just going the water route and it seemed to make my acne situation much worse

the water route...what do u mean by that? drinking tons of water???.... anyway what i mean by natural is try natural products... i've personally been using turmeric for my acne and its worked! best part is its helping get rid of scars, is dirt cheap and is nautral... look in to it and see if something u would wanna try :)

what do you mean by natural alternatives? i tried just going the water route and it seemed to make my acne situation much worse

the water route...what do u mean by that? drinking tons of water???.... anyway what i mean by natural is try natural products... i've personally been using turmeric for my acne and its worked! best part is its helping get rid of scars, is dirt cheap and is nautral... look in to it and see if something u would wanna try :)

by the water route i mean just wash my face with water. so all you do for your face is take this turmeric? (Radiance Turmeric 400 mg pills from cvs?) how is it improving your scars? i have some fairly shallow scars id love to see go away

Aveeno Ultra Calming foaming cleanser is very gentle. Salicylic acid in cleansers is not really effective, better off in leave-on treatments.

Something can be natural and still be irritating or of poor quality, but I do think turmeric used as supplement and topical treatment is rather nice.

by the water route i mean just wash my face with water. so all you do for your face is take this turmeric? (Radiance Turmeric 400 mg pills from cvs?) how is it improving your scars? i have some fairly shallow scars id love to see go away

Oh no no no.. i meant the good ol' powder one.. the one that you buy as a spice from grocery stores. lol

I take little tumeric and little milk and make it into a paste. apply it on my face and leave it for 15min. wash it off and apply b.soda paste(b.soda and water) to get rid of the slight yellow staining for another 15min.

afterwards when all done i moisterize my face with nautral vit. e oil... but any good,natural, non-clogging mositurizer should do...