Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
luisodude

my room is turning orange!!! (benzaclyn)

hey,

well i have a little problem, everything in my room is turning orange (pillowcases, shirts, washclothes, etc) is there anything i can do to stop it. By the was i am on retin-a and benzaclyn.

thanks

LOL luis. Yea Benzaclin is a mixture of Benzoyl Peroxide (which bleaches secondary colors, I believe) and Erythromycin. Umm, the only way to really prevent this is to make sure your Benzaclin has fully absorbed (rub it in kinda like Dan's regimen), and to possibly sleep with your head facing up...

If you can do the ladder of the two it'll help your breakouts decrease too, as pillows are the culprit for bacteria spawning bastards.

thanks for the advice

well ill try the sleep thing but my acne is clearing up nicely and its only been 3 days so im happy biggrin.gif i really belive that retin a in the morning and benzaclin at night works really well as long as u keep moisturized(sp?) bb_icon_mrgreen.gif

awesome man. I'd definately trade an orange room for a clear face eh? I mean, it even gives your room a nice accented feeling lol... -.o

I have never bleeched anything with BP, i wonder why

IF your haveing trouble sleeping i say go to wal-mart and buy a cheap light coloured pillow case. This way bleeching will not show up that much as well since its a cheap pillow case it would not matter that much.

As for the rest of your stuff BE MORE CAREFUL.

yeah i think the big thing is if i wash my hands very thoroughly(sp?) after applying the benzaclin it shouldnt be that much of a problem, the only real problem is on one of those hot sunny southern california days and i start sweating and my clothes turns orange!

Haha this is by far the most funny thread..Considering I went through the same dilemma tongue.gif (still have many shirts that hold the proof hehhehe) Let's get to the bottom of this..

Are you washing your face at any point with your shirt on? The BENZACLIN is what's bleaching all your stuff, so If you're washing it off while your shirt is still on, some water tends to get on your shirt.

Make sure you wash your hands well after you apply the Benzaclin.

I'm not sure how the sweat would drip down onto your shirt. Last time I researched, Benzoyl Peroxide only stays active for about 4hours. So If you're applying it in the mornings, by 1:00pm or 2:00pm maybe you could rinse with water.

I once dropped the container on the rug bb_eusa_doh.gif My mom was quite upset. I've got a few shirts with orangy bleaching, too.

Make sure it's all absorbed and dry and wash your hands with water.

i'm on botchla's regimen so i've been using C&C continuous control (10% BP). i noticed all my towels that are supposed to be tan are orange all the sudden! i don't why because i spend a long time making sure all of it's off my face. it's good to know that it's not just me! i think i'll start using paper towels to dry my face. (someone suggested doing that anyways because there's less fiber and stuff that can cause acne in paper towels than in towels.)

I once dropped the container on the rug bb_eusa_doh.gif My mom was quite upset. I've got a few shirts with orangy bleaching, too.

Make sure it's all absorbed and dry and wash your hands with water.