Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nikon

The most upsetting thing a stranger has said about your acne?

back in high school i overheard a girl comment to her friend that my face was probably where they faked the moonlanding, in retrospect its kinda funny, but yeah i ditched school for days afterwards....

when i was in college there was a person who sent an email around where he/she wrote nasty comments about people obv to make them feel down. there were some fat name calling some resembling to frogs etc. mine was obv "my face is sooo ugly with lots of big nasty red spots" (and i thought my acne wasnt even that bad then!) it was obv exageratted but it still made me cringe and upset everytime people mentioned it!

One time on my way to school in my freshman year, I walked past a couple of guys at school and one of the guy said to his friend, "now thats a pimple", and they both broke out laughing. I seriously thought about turning around and not even going to school that day ahah but whateverr :cool:

ah people are just evil its like they love to see others suffering.But here are somethings that were said to me

1.)Guys use to tell me that sex would surely clear my face or rubbing semen on my face

2.)I was waiting for the bus after college and i was taking accutane and some guy asked if i was taking medication for my skin i said yeah and then he went into the whole story of giving me 'advice' on how avocado will clear my skin bla bla...

3.)People that know me would ask 'what happened to your face'

4.)i had a big argument with my cousin and he said 'look at you your face is covered with acne you shouldnt say anything back' :(

its all very hurtful, i ask my self what have i done so wrong to be punished with acne i wouldn't wish acne to happen to my worst enemy

I've had more than one occasion where I've wanted to crawl in a hole and disappear.

I'm a cashier. I've had several Mary Kay and Avon ladies try to sell products to me while I was at work. One even had the nerve to bring in a before/after picture and do a sells pitch while there was a line of customers behind her. When I told her I didn't have time for it, she proceeded to yell that she was just trying to help me get pretty.

I've had cashiers tell me I shouldn't buy a candy bar because it is bad for my skin.

The worst time was during high school anatomy. The teacher got on a soap box about acne is not caused by not washing your face. He even asked me how many times I washed my face a day in front of the entire class.

Thats happened to me too and i get so angry...!.!!!.!..! All they care is about making a buck of you and do their little sales pitch and it makes he hate that brand even more. The candy bar thing too they tell me chocolate causes acne and all this junk..People need to mind their own business and maybe then i can live in peace but they constantly butt in your business.

And i told a lady i was tired of wasting my money on useless products and she said "Thats what you have to do to look pretty" and i said I wasn't superficial and didn't care about looks anymore and she said "You have to look good anyways" I coud tell she was superficial

Edited by acnegonenow

Back in high school, I was running for track in the spring. This little girl says hi to me, I say hi back.Then she asks me what I have all over my face. I know it was innocent, but it hurt a lot to hear that.

Once this year, I was sitting in the waiting room at the doctors with my nephew and he says what are those red things on your face? I was too embarrassed to say anything and my older sister goes pimples.

It cuts even deeper when kids say it because then I realize that they even notice and realize that not everybody else has acne.

my baby niece was over at my place yesterday. shes 1 yr old and the cutest thing ever. anyways, i was carrying her in my arms and was with my family. suddenly she reached out and point her finger to one of the cyst i have on my face and wanted to touch them, for some reason my niece likes to touch anything that looks like a round button and apparently my face looked like it had numerous buttons for her to press, when i move away she kept wanting to press them and scream and cried, well, it was pretty embarrassing..

my baby niece was over at my place yesterday. shes 1 yr old and the cutest thing ever. anyways, i was carrying her in my arms and was with my family. suddenly she reached out and point her finger to one of the cyst i have on my face and wanted to touch them, for some reason my niece likes to touch anything that looks like a round button and apparently my face looked like it had numerous buttons for her to press, when i move away she kept wanting to press them and scream and cried, well, it was pretty embarrassing..

:redface: ... well at least she doesn't no any better rather than a nosey adult poking into ur business and giving their opinion on ur whole body's anatomy :mmkay:

I like how brave you all are for posting and being so candid. For some background I am 23 and I've tried everything under the sun to fight acne with little results. I saw the method on this site and honestly from my experience with topicals and BP in general I just have not pursued it. Nevertheless...

I guess I've been fortunate not to have people be such huge assholes to me in my life (especially after some of these horror stories). I've had plenty of days in my life where I stayed inside and even more where I had to get through my day whether at work or school with a massive whitehead chilling on the side of my face or worse, but I guess people overlooked it ultimately.

What I thought of when I saw this thread was my friend John. We used to ride around the country side on expeditions of sorts, and one day when we were out riding around -- I guess we had parked or maybe we were still on the road -- he had time to notice these two big whiteheads positioned so awkwardly between my eyebrows. He said "did you get bit by a spider" or "is that a spiderbite?" and I just laughed, a little embarrassed, and told him they were pimples. He apologized and I had let him in on my acne woes by that point anyway so it was just a chuckle at that point.

Those are the kind of pimples so noticeable I have difficulty not letting the white part out before I go out. It's ridiculous how bad they look all ballooned up, and worse yet if there is red inflammation and swelling. Irrational anger sweeps my body when I see such things in the morning and debate sterilizing a needle to remove the eyesore.

i think that's something all kids love to do! .. though i don't feel much embarrassing with that, because the typical bimbo's finds it ugly and dirty as if its a gabage van while the kiddos innocently touch them!

"whoa man, you have two bug bites on your face!" [die]

"hey do you know your face is all red!?" [no sh*t]

"what difference does it make what you wash your face with? its all just soap! thats all it is... soap" [please reproductively sterilize yourself]

Edited by hockeymc16

You wouldn't tell an overweight person what kind of diet or workout would help them slim down, you wouldn't tell an old person what product would get rid of their vericose veins, why on earth do people think it's ok to recommend products to people with acne? It is so blatantly rude and hurtful. It shocks me how ignorant some people can be.

But yea, I've had my share of hurtful comments. One of my aunt's friends, after meeting me one time, bought me a proactiv kit. I shuddered as my aunt handed it to me. I told her how mad I was and she insisted that her friend was "just trying to help".. which I'm sure she was, but it was hurtful nonetheless. Sometimes I guess I just like to believe that no one notices my acne, and when something like this happens it's just a painful reminder of how obvious it really is, no matter how much makeup i cake on my face.

My mom and grandmother always say "Stop picking your damn face!!" I'm NOT it's just PIH :-( It sucks because I feel like my skins is improving and they come and tell me, no, it's still hideous.

I was bullied about my skin when I was in school and there was a group of kids who used to say all sorts of things. They also used to follow me around chanting, "Zit! Zit! Zit!" I really used to hate that because they'd literally follow me around so any other kids nearby would pick up on it, then they'd either join in or leave because they didn't want to stick up for me. A lot of my so-called friends joined in eventually. Probably thought that if they didn't, they'd be target as well.

Other than that, I don't really remember a lot of it. It was pretty much a daily thing for four years and if I hadn't blocked it out, I think I'd have snapped at some point and done them or myself some serious harm.

These days, it's rare that anyone says anything because my skin's actually getting better. Last time I had a bad breakout, my friends daughter asked what the spots were, but she's only 3 years old so of course I let that one go.

Every once in a while there will no doubt be some idiot who just says, "You need to wash properly", or something like that. I just figure that what goes around comes around so one day, those people will get what's coming.

The only person who really talks to me about it on a regular basis is a colleague of mine who also has acne. We both went through prolonged breakouts at the same time earlier this year and neither of us wanted to be at work. I could see she was struggling so I went and talked to her about it. It was great to talk to someone in person who could related and I think we helped each other through stressful periods in our lives when our skin reacted badly. Last week she mentioned that she'd changed her medication and I noticed how much her skin had cleared up. She said the same of mine and was curious to find out what changes I had made.

There's always that implication when someone says your skin has improved that they thought it was bad to begin with, but of course mine was, so I can't really argue with that. :lol:

They also used to follow me around chanting, "Zit! Zit! Zit!

Holy shit that sounds like a literal nightmare - I can't even believe that! Are kids really that brutal in the UK? haha

Generally, I doubt it very much. I guess I was just in the wrong place and these horrible kids saw me as an easy target. It probably has messed me up more than I would tell, but then there's no real point in letting it get the better of me and give those people the satisfaction. That being said, if ever I end up speaking to a therapist or something, they'll probably make a fortune from me! :lol:

I think the one thing it has done is ultimately make me at least a little paranoid around people. My default thought when around someone new is probably, 'How long is it going to be before this person says something nasty or laughs at me?' I just got so used to that being like an automatic reaction during my teens when I was around the other kids in school. So now I get defensive and anyone new won't really understand why. Giving off a vibe like that probably makes people want to stay away, which is understandable, but I'm working on that. Seems it's essentially just a matter of putting on a front and appearing happy. After all, a smile and a friendly greeting is all it would take for someone new to perceive me as being a nice person.

I know I'm a good person and the people I am around these days - regardless of how few that might actually be sometimes - know I'm a good person too, so that's all that really matters I guess. :)

Edited by PaulH85

Haha seeing as your country has unleashed 2 unstoppable forces onto my country that I'll never forgive them fore (Bring me the horizon & Asking Alexandria) I wouldn't of been suprised if all the kids were jerks like that! haha I kid I kid. But thats good that you can be so positive despite some ridiculously horrible circumstances, definitely serves as a lesson to me when I get negative - there's just no need for me to be neg, I'm fortunate compared to a lot, and if those who've been through the worst, can be positive what the hell am I bitching about. The image of what you said is stuck in my brain though - so much insensitivity in people, I mean if there is a hell, those people must going ahahaha

Edited by Acne Security

My dad used to get on me all the time about my acne. He talked about it like it was MY fault. He would say "Have you been picking at your face?" "Why did you break out again?" "Are you taking enough supplements?" Things like that. He wouldn't say it in a concerned way. More like a degrading way that sounded like having acne was my choice.

He always brought it up until one time I broke down and started bawling. My mom had a talk with him and said "dont bring it up anymore. Shes really sensitive about it." So he's stopped. I can still see him inspecting my face when he thinks I'm not looking though and I HATE it.

My dad used to get on me all the time about my acne. He talked about it like it was MY fault. He would say "Have you been picking at your face?" "Why did you break out again?" "Are you taking enough supplements?" Things like that. He wouldn't say it in a concerned way. More like a degrading way that sounded like having acne was my choice.

He always brought it up until one time I broke down and started bawling. My mom had a talk with him and said "dont bring it up anymore. Shes really sensitive about it." So he's stopped. I can still see him inspecting my face when he thinks I'm not looking though and I HATE it.

Wow, I am so sorry. I know exactly how it feels to hear those words. I was always overly sensitive about my skin. My stepfather told me that I'd eventually grow out of it because he had mild acne at one point too. I told him that everyone is different. I have cried about my acne on several occasions. At least every other day I would spend time in the bathroom just staring at my face. It was such a waste of time.

At a sleepover, some girls were talking about how bad a girl's acne was and how someone jokingly sent her ProActiv. I'd seen the girl around school but did not know her. I knew that she had severe acne on her chin and was very oily. I really felt bad for her and my heart started feeling very heavy. I feel for her. Several girls started laughing, saying "That's too good! Ha ha ha". I just looked at them and said "That's not funny. It's really not her fault guys. That's just cruel." They immediately stopped talking and changed the subject.

Some guy outside a club called me pizza face and spotty

some kid goes to his dad in front of me "he's got spots". not that offensive i know but just kind of annoying.

"URGGGGGGGH WHAT'S THAT ON YOU'RE FACE". I've had that one a couple of times

I was visiting a girl i knew once and her sister was there and when her sister saw me i heard her say "what is that"

There are more but i can't think right now, funnily enough most of the comments i have recieved have been from my 'friends'

Edited by omarcomin

Ummm lol...I've never gotten an outright comment. But my friend reccomended a beauty tutorial to me on youtube and it's done by a girl who has naturaly oily/ acne prone skin, but "controls it" using a lot of different products. It's not that bad I guess lol... I do have the same skin type as her..The girl in the video has really nice skin now. And I actually did end up buying one of the products she uses. But still it's like woww.

Strangers. Family members. Friends. Yes, we have had them ALL comment on our acne, haven't we? Here are My Moments Unforgettable.

1) Years ago (YEARS AGO which is an indication of how long I've had stupid acne) I've had my niece whisper in my ear "Why are you so ugly?". My nephew announced that to tell the difference between my sister and I is that she is the "pretty and nice one" and I was the "ugly and mean one." Three guesses why I was the mean one. My brother's step kid would follow me around asking me why I had so many pimples. Oh yes don't I LOVE kids.

2) I'm a waitress and I have had my share of "helpful advice" from customers. Mangosteen ("You should have some to clear up your face and then help me sell some!"), drink water, wash your face, blah blah blah.

3) Oh, and of course, a combination of the two: STRANGER KIDS! I've had a day where I was feeling pretty darn confident and that happens almost never. I walk up to a table all bouncy and happy to take an order and some kid gives me the ol' "Why do you have so many bumps on your face?" INSTA-DEFLATE. I mutter "I don't know" and take that order and race away like a bat out of hell.

They don't understand, guys. We take care of our faces SO well but we just can't get RID OF IT. Just please leave me alone, Flawless Skin Immortals, and let me wallow in misery...

1) I work at a day camp over the summer, and one of the little girls in my group touched my cheek and said "Do you have rosacea?"

2) In 8th grade, a girl who had been picking on me all year yelled across the quiet room in the middle of class, "NO, I WON'T TELL AMELIA HOW GROSS HER ACNE IS!" Everyone laughed because she was popular.

3) I was at the mall with my friend, who also has acne, and one of the guys working in a kiosk that sold some hokey-pokey dead sea salt scrub called us over. He proceeded to follow us about 40 feet, so we decided to go back to tell him we weren't interested. He proceeded to talk about how great it was all the while hinting that it would get rid of my acne. We told him we weren't interested, and he continued following us about 60 feet telling us that it would "TOTALLY clear up your skin, get rid of that gross acne, and make you attractive."

4) And of course the strangers telling me I need to drink more water, or more tea, or bathe in milk, or only eat apples, etc.

I got this one "friend" and randomly he just asks me " why do you have so many pimple?" so loud every can hear him. I soon turn red cause everyones staring at me and him.

Theres this place I volunteer at and this little girl said to me " you should try proactive" and since she was a little girl I just laughed a bit.

This stranger on at the bus stop came up to me and was like " do you know what a doctor is? Cause you should go see one cause your very ugly" and I felt SUPER SUPER embarrassed because some of my friends were with me and I thought I looked and felt good that day but after that comment I went back down.