Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nikon

The most upsetting thing a stranger has said about your acne?

oh gee, i have had 4 different ppl in the last 3 wks say something about my acne. I recently went of my medication to try a natural alternaitve and it failed. So i have broken out big time

i work in a nursing home, so the oldies will call me into there rooms and be like ''have u tried that new product?on tv? it would have a party on ur face''

Then i had a grown 60 year old work college run up to me and say in front of everyone ''what happened to ur face?? Did u have an allergic reaction?''i broke down and ran away

Then i had another grown woman come up anf put her fingers up to my face and say ''u have a really bad break out. Ur diet musnt be good''. I replied ''actually i have a fantastic diet, i cant help this. I dont wanna talk about it''. I ran away and broke down.

Then i had a sales woman tell me while she was serving me ''honey, your skin. Try roaccutane''. F my life.

what are u suppose to say?? Reply back?? Especially when ur an emotional mess??!!

I'm from the U.S., but am living in Spain right now. I can speak Spanish, but only so well, and there are big gaps in my vocabulary.

Last night I was in a bar with some friends and their mutual friend who I'd never met before. He asked me directly, in Spanish, "Have you always had so many pimples?" I had never heard the word for pimple before and I was so shocked that he would bluntly ask, that I stumbled along in Spanish, "You mean spots, freckles?" - "No, no, no.. acne".

Then it was pretty clear (unlike my skin) what he meant.

It makes me feel awful because I already wake up each morning and struggle to cover up my awful acne which has been particularly bad lately, and moments like this just reinforce that my acne is awful and noticeably severe. It's not just me being hyper-sensitive. I spend time smearing junk on my face just to cover up the worst of my acne, and, yet, my skin stills looks so bad that someone I just met directly asked me about it.

I'm from the U.S., but am living in Spain right now. I can speak Spanish, but only so well, and there are big gaps in my vocabulary.

Last night I was in a bar with some friends and their mutual friend who I'd never met before. He asked me directly, in Spanish, "Have you always had so many pimples?" I had never heard the word for pimple before and I was so shocked that he would bluntly ask, that I stumbled along in Spanish, "You mean spots, freckles?" - "No, no, no.. acne".

Then it was pretty clear (unlike my skin) what he meant.

It makes me feel awful because I already wake up each morning and struggle to cover up my awful acne which has been particularly bad lately, and moments like this just reinforce that my acne is awful and noticeably severe. It's not just me being hyper-sensitive. I spend time smearing junk on my face just to cover up the worst of my acne, and, yet, my skin stills looks so bad that someone I just met directly asked me about it.

learn the Spanish word for "Ignorant douchebag" and next time you see the guy, use it....

The only one who has ever directly commented on my acne is my mom and some doctors. Not even my friends have ever commented on it, even though I'm currently living through a peak of breakout, so bad you couldn't imagine it even if you ate some funny mushrooms.

Haha

My grandma used to say to put icy hot on it and then pull out like an 80 year old tube of crusty old icy hot.

My father- whom I'm convinced passed this on to me int he first place- told me to put pee on it. Yes. And actually if you think about it I bet it'd work. But no way am I doing this, I'm not sure it will ever come down to that. But, he said when he was little (1960s/70s) his cousin had horrible acne covering his face and his father made him pee and rub it on and it dried it up and cured it.

I don't know how many times someone has mentioned Bare Minerals to me. Bare minerals sucks.

And on many occasions I've babysat and been asked things like "Why do you have pimples? I'll never get pimples! What's on your face? Ew!" And I say .. "you just wait....you'll remember this day in 10 years when you're going through puberty and breaking out. I'll remind you"

Haha ^^^ the urine method , I don't think I would ever try that :S

Strangers haven't said anything straight out to me ..... yet -_- but their stares , ugh I get them ALL the time . Even though some of my moms friends sometimes say what I should do for my acne(to her , never to me ) , even though thy haven't seen my REAL face with no makeup on , then I would be dead :| 100x worse than what it already is . My family is the only ones who know how my acne/scarring really is like and yeah my mom is the one who gets on my nerves the most . My dad doesn't say much but it's from him were I got the bad genes -_- and my siblings are sometimes pretty mean especially when we get in fights . Since this stupid year has been the WORSE and makeup cant cover much , my acne is very visible . This year has been the worse with people noticing . I find that with me family , people just stare but don't say anything . The kids are the ones that are getting annoying though , the usually point at me or stare really weird u.u . My cousin though , he is one of the shallowest people in the world no joke , since we were small I've always thought that . Well not so long ago (few months back this year) I was with his sister (cousin) and we were buying some stuff outside and he came close to me and said "what happened to your face ?!" I just looked away and mumbled "shut up , why do you care ?" and he kept repeating it over and over and even asking my other cousin who was visiting , like if he knew !!! I was so mad and sad inside me and wanted to cry . He then said "hey hey , have you tried proactive have you heard of it ?" and started laughing . Ughhhhh after that I just left as fast as I could and went home walking . From then on I avoid him as much as I can ...... Hope karma gets him ....

About two weeks ago at work, one of my coworkers kept staring at my forehead. I knew she was looking at my acne because thats where my acne is the worst and it looked really bad. She can't speak very good english, so she was making like a "popping a pimple" motion with her hands and shes like "you have to stop picking, you are very pretty but you need to stop - put cucumber and aloe on your face and it will go away."

Then, like a week after that, she did the motion with her hands again and shes like "your skin is broken" blahblahblah... -_- then i was telling one of my coworkers about it, and the manager over heard and i had to tell him what happened -_- i was like "____ just said i was breaking out..." I really didn't want to tell him but my coworkers made it so that like I had to. Then the next time I saw my coworker who commented on my acne she was like "I'm sorry, i didn't mean to hurt your feelings I meant it in a motherly way. My grandfather was a doctor of herbal medicine and I will bring you my tea from columbia that will clean your liver. maybe liver problem."

huh.png

this guy was looking at the mirror and complaining about a few pimples on his face. this other guy, Ivan, cracked up and said, "why are you worrying about a few pimples? look at [my name], he has it so bad." before that, no one has ever said anything bad about my acne. it made me realise it really takes one hell of a fucking bastard to make this kind of comment.

Edited by beentheredonethat1

my doctor perscribes a med that may increase my acne, i freak out , and the receptionist asks, " have u tried drinking water?" which is like asking an overweight person hmm have you tried eatting less?

I was walking downtown and this kid walks by with his mom and after they walk past he says "that girl had alot of pimples on her face" and the mom starts to repeatedly smack him. I had no make-up so my red marks were showing.

Babysitting and the little girl sees a proactiv commercial come on tv and she looks at me and says "you have that, why?" I reply with I don't know.

man i feel bad for what a lot of you have had to experience for strangers or even family. i havn't really had it too bad..

only once when i first got oily skin this summer my nose was the most oily part; i went to my grandmothers house with my cousins (who are basically the same age as me, so mature) and they started talking about how one girl in their grade was weird looking because her nose was shiny and oily, and that it basically made her unattractive. although i didnt say anything it did hurt a bit inside since i was right there, in the same situation as that girl

Well, it wasn't really a stranger... But back when my skin was really, really severe, my aunt asked me if I had some kind of allergy or eczema on my face.. I was so embarrassed... :-(

But the worst thing is, no one ever said anything about my acne before that.. But now that my skin is okay, I had people telling me: " Well, compared to how awful you looked back then..." I just wish they could continue not making any comments about my skin!

One time I was at work, and a coworker said to me, "Damn, you should pop those pimples, you work with the public you need to look presentable." Ironically now my face is clear, and his is all red and way more messed up looking than mine is. Go figure.

I have had a few comments about my face, but mainly from my dad or mom telling me helpful advice. And me just answering, "Okay, I'll try that" knowing that I won't...luckily I'm finally almost clear

But I, myself have unfortunately been a critic of another person's face. It was 10th grade, (now 21) and I remember one kid had very, very bad acne and he was extremely shy, most likely because of his acne. I remember his exact name too, won't mention it on here. And didn't say it directly to him, and he wasn't even in the room but me and another friend made a joke about his face and I said, "His entire face is like one big pimple!"

I can't believe I remember that, and only a year later I was in the same boat as him with severe acne. I have changed and will never make fun of anothers acne ever again, heck I won't even give advice in person because I now know how that feels even if it is helpful. Just being on the spot like that is embarrassing. So...thats my story of ME being one of those arogant douchebags. SORRY RR! (his initials) haha

Edited by blooper111

The worst is when my Dad told me I look and ugly. Another time is when my Dad said all the girls at my school are prettier than me. My mom told me I look ugly right after I took my makeup off, my aunts stopped telling me I look like a model ironically when I started to get acne.

The worst is when my Dad told me I look and ugly. Another time is when my Dad said all the girls at my school are prettier than me. My mom told me I look ugly right after I took my makeup off, my aunts stopped telling me I look like a model ironically when I started to get acne.

wow that's so sad :/ I can't believe your own parentss wuud say stuff like that to u. I'm glad I have supportive parents, eveen if my skin looks like crap one day, they don't bug me about it cuz they knw I dnt need anymore stuff to deal w/.

Luckily, no one have ever said anything about my acne to my face...just things like, "oh you should buy this product blah blah blah".

I'm sorry u have such unsupportive relatives. But you're pretty. If it's your real pic, then ur really pretty.

I have had a few comments about my face, but mainly from my dad or mom telling me helpful advice. And me just answering, "Okay, I'll try that" knowing that I won't...luckily I'm finally almost clear But I, myself have unfortunately been a critic of another person's face. It was 10th grade, (now 21) and I remember one kid had very, very bad acne and he was extremely shy, most likely because of his acne. I remember his exact name too, won't mention it on here. And didn't say it directly to him, and he wasn't even in the room but me and another friend made a joke about his face and I said, "His entire face is like one big pimple!" I can't believe I remember that, and only a year later I was in the same boat as him with severe acne. I have changed and will never make fun of anothers acne ever again, heck I won't even give advice in person because I now know how that feels even if it is helpful. Just being on the spot like that is embarrassing. So...thats my story of ME being one of those arogant douchebags. SORRY RR! (his initials) haha

lol that's so not funny.. you call that a joke? fucking bully.. yeah now you know :)

A customer asked me why I had so many mosquito bites...it was December. (I guess the fact that it was December was why he was wondering where I had managed to find a mosquito) Had he never seen a pimple before? Grrrr...

I've had teachers when I was younger try to sell/recommend stuff for my acne...hah. (Alot worked for like MaryKay on the side and such...)

I've been called Pizzaface. Kids...

Plenty of people used to say (strangers too) "She'd be so pretty if her skin weren't so bad and she'd lose some weight".

I've been through the ringer... :/

But it seems these days...no one really picks on me for my skin. I'm sure they notice it, but no one really insults me like they used to. In fact, one of my friends for about 10 years now used to pick on me THE MOST for my skin (pizzaface, eww look at that huge pimple, your face looks like a cherry- I was also way chubby and awkward back then, btw) is now like...madly in love with me, always calling me beautiful and stunning. Acne and all. Oh the irony.

Last week I was at a family get together with all my cousins and aunts Note: everyone in my family has clear skin, like flawless skin. So my cousins were all recording with there iPhones and video camera. Then I noticed one of my older cousins was recording me and I told him "hey don't record me, record my sister or someone else" then he said "Well because of that I'm going to zoom in with my phone, oh wait better not I may pop a pimple on your face " and he laughed out loud, I felt terrible but I didn't want to let him know that it hurt me, so I told him to "shut up ugly" in a playful manner but I can hear all my other cousins whispering "that was messed up" or that was " unnecesary" I felt that tingly sensation in my throat because I wanted to cry but I didn't. I smiled. After a few minutes I left home. Other than that no one has ever commented on my acne but my cousins.

Ps. Sorry it was no stranger, it was worse, it was a family member that commented on my acne in a hurtful way .

in seventh grade a new girl to my class got asked to the school dance by a friend and when she initially said no he said 'its either me or pus mountain over there.' she still said no and never talked to him again but that really hurt.

in seventh grade a new girl to my class got asked to the school dance by a friend and when she initially said no he said 'its either me or pus mountain over there.' she still said no and never talked to him again but that really hurt.

What the hell, I would've gone over there to punch him in the face for that, how were you even friends with this person. "Yeah, it's either me or Bloody Harry over there, thanks."

(I was not a very peaceful person back in Grade 7. I once turned a water hose on a dude because he refused to get out of my seat... in the middle of class.)

Never really had anyone say anything to me actually, so i guess im lucky. I remember when my acne was really bad though i was at a cousin's graduation party just sitting around trying to socialize, and this little kid is looking right at me so i give him a smile, and he just turns to his mom and hides. It was a sad day. Ahh emotions.