Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dostoyevsky

Clarisonic Review/Recommendation

I don't come on here much anymore because my skin has improved a lot over the past couple of years and to be honest, I don't think it's good for healing to dwell on skin problems etc.

But... I just had to post a quick review of the new Clarisonic because I think it could help a lot of people. It basically uses the same technology as the philips sonicare toothbrushes to cleanse and exfoliate the skin and I've found that it really helps with red marks. It brushes and vibrates on the skin and removes all makeup, dirt and dead skin cells and not only completely cleans the face but also lets skincare products penetrate the skin more easily because there's nothing in the way.

The pack I got (I think it's the pro) comes with about 5 tubes of products but I haven't used them as I don't want to risk a flare up. I would recommend people avoid them too at least at the beginning so they can see how well the clarisonic works on it's own.

I hope others will give this a try and post their results here. I've tried so many things (Apple cider vinager, the tape method, turmeric, ice packs, countless over the counter and prescription products etc etc) but this has definitely been the best for red marks and has worked the quickest.

I have a small exfoliating face brush from Sephora. It is a manual brush. I use it with Peter Thomas Roth 3% Glycolic Acid cleanser. My skin looks so clean and even. I hardly have any marks left. I use the little brush every day. I finished Accutane March 15th and have not noticed any adverse effects with the frequent exfoliation. I am really comfortable and content with leaving the house without any makeup on; I think I look better without it. I have only been using the brush for about 2 weeks, but the exfoliation of the dead skin is really helping now more than ever. I used to exfoliate frequently before Accutane but never noticed any significant changes. Now that the acne is out of the way, the results are definitely showing.

Also, do not use the products that come with the actual brush. Very negative reviews. Just toss them.