Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Weedman

I need help regarding co2 resurfacing

Dear users,

I need some advice regarding the use of co2 resurfacing, namely fraxel repair, for my face. Let me give you a bit of a background:

I started to get acne when i was about 16 years old, mild at first, so i went to a derm with my mum and we were offered a course of accutane, which at the time was expensive and she couldn't afford so i was given an exfoliating cleanser, zinc medication and a scar cream. The use of these products seemed to irritate my skin more and more and my acne just kept getting worst and worst. My skin was extremely oily, i started getting cysts everywhere which kept scarring me, live was horrible and i went into a state of severe depression where every day was hell.

So i started taking antibiotics, tried loads of different creams all for nothing. At one point I saw an ad in the paper for photodynamic treatment so i went to the clinic and asked for it. They told me that they would have to start me off on micro-dermabrasion first, which i did 6 of with very minimal improvement. Then they moved me on to IPL and i saw some improvements with that but the improvements were never long lived. As this went on and time went by my skin kept getting more damaged. I also tried at home chemical peels with not much success.

Ultimately after doing about 5 IPLs the doctor let me do the Photodynamic treatment, which at the time was futile as i think most of my acne had gone away anyways. They milked me for my money and destroyed my life as i feel very strongly that if i had taken the treatment i asked for in the first place i would be much better off today, prevention is better than cure.

Today my face is a mess, i look like an 80 year old person and I'm only 24, i dunno where to go for help anymore. My skin is very sensitive, blotchy and rough. I am not over exagerating.

I have a lot of pigmentation from all the shit i used in the past and my skin is thin. I get clogged pores and dehydrated skin, my face looks generally very unhealthy. I think i am beyond help at this point. People fucked me over too much, i needed medical help badly and i was left to rot.

I was looking at co2 resurfacing in a small hope that maybe they can fix me up, but i am not sure. I think i have crossed the point of no return and i am afraid that the resurfacing will do more harm than good.

Please give me your advice.

Dear users,

I need some advice regarding the use of co2 resurfacing, namely fraxel repair, for my face. Let me give you a bit of a background:

I started to get acne when i was about 16 years old, mild at first, so i went to a derm with my mum and we were offered a course of accutane, which at the time was expensive and she couldn't afford so i was given an exfoliating cleanser, zinc medication and a scar cream. The use of these products seemed to irritate my skin more and more and my acne just kept getting worst and worst. My skin was extremely oily, i started getting cysts everywhere which kept scarring me, live was horrible and i went into a state of severe depression where every day was hell.

So i started taking antibiotics, tried loads of different creams all for nothing. At one point I saw an ad in the paper for photodynamic treatment so i went to the clinic and asked for it. They told me that they would have to start me off on micro-dermabrasion first, which i did 6 of with very minimal improvement. Then they moved me on to IPL and i saw some improvements with that but the improvements were never long lived. As this went on and time went by my skin kept getting more damaged. I also tried at home chemical peels with not much success.

Ultimately after doing about 5 IPLs the doctor let me do the Photodynamic treatment, which at the time was futile as i think most of my acne had gone away anyways. They milked me for my money and destroyed my life as i feel very strongly that if i had taken the treatment i asked for in the first place i would be much better off today, prevention is better than cure.

Today my face is a mess, i look like an 80 year old person and I'm only 24, i dunno where to go for help anymore. My skin is very sensitive, blotchy and rough. I am not over exagerating.

I have a lot of pigmentation from all the shit i used in the past and my skin is thin. I get clogged pores and dehydrated skin, my face looks generally very unhealthy. I think i am beyond help at this point. People fucked me over too much, i needed medical help badly and i was left to rot.

I was looking at co2 resurfacing in a small hope that maybe they can fix me up, but i am not sure. I think i have crossed the point of no return and i am afraid that the resurfacing will do more harm than good.

Please give me your advice.

Please, please do not go for anymore lasers. There are so many things I could say, but it would take forever. Please check out and register on this website: http://iplandlaserdamagesupport.prophpbb.com/ You are going to need to see a reputable dermatologist in your area. Please do your research to find one that isn't going to dismiss you or the damage done to your skin. Good Luck!

Looks like this kid got photodynamic theraphy before trying anything else substantial:

ABC News

it sounds like a really odd procedure--laser on active acne. maybe i'm just ignorant. :shrug:

Edited by MG2011

This is my experience with fractional co2 laser (power 30W), I had the treatment in October, now it's May, and my skin is not completely healed... it's still a pink but the worst thing is that my skin has become VERY VERY sensitive, I can't use BP anymore cause my face literally burn (and my acne is coming back!! :( ).

So pay attention, are you COMPLETELY ACNE FREE? Do you have a sensitive skin?

In the past I could put almost everything on it without any problem and now it's the opposite, I wouldn't do it again... maybe my scars (boxcar) are a little bit improved (5-10%??) but the price to pay is too high, 3-4 months of redness (maybe my treatment was to harsh but the doc told me 5-7 days of redness NOT months!!!!)