Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Guest Timehealsall

All i can say is.. you are lucky your overall skin is pretty much flawless...

Your friend is right. Take it from me. And I don't really want to make you feel better. I'm a mean-spirited bastard. So, stay in the house if you like.

-or-

Solve your problem by walking out of the house.

Please please please start being grateful for the skin you have. I understand how you feel though...over the summer I didn't leave my house, I wouldn't go out in sunlight especially, I gave up modeling jobs, even a television deal...accutane saved my life BUT I had severe acne masked by layers and layers of heavy makeup. I honestly think a chemical peel would be all you need to make you feel better, your skin is great...but even people with clear skin or a few scars get peels for wonderful results.

Just pray to see yourself how you really are because you really don't see yourself in the right light.

Have you thought about any type of pore-minimizer? It might help a bit. I've used one just for the hell of it and I thought my pores looked better. It could be worth a try. Unless there's really much more than that going on. I wish you wouldn't let it get in the way of your life. I've been down about my face before and it was not a happy time. But anyway, yeah, don't get down about it. There has to be something out there to help. The world can only hope.

you are crazy. There is nothing wrong with your skin, seriously grow up and get out

lmao dont tell him to grow up, obviously people have it much worse, but just because his skin isnt as bad doesnt mean it doesnt affect him just as bad. i think his skin is really good basically perfect but i have no idea how he feels about it, so im not gonna write a rude comment telling him to "grow up and get out", your acting extremely judge-mental. how about you support him orrrr go f*ck yourself weedman.

oops lmaoooo hahaha

Edited by tblaze04

dude, have you had bad acne in the past? Sometimes, people who have severe acne and then get clear, can not actually believe they are clear and flawless. This is because, you are what you practice. and because you have practiced for so long, being an insecure acne covered person, you esentially are (inside your head) even though, it is a fact, that you have clear skin, and you do not have marks or acne. Hope this explains why you feel like you have marks... ?

Of course a close up picture of your pores will make them look huge, sure maybe you have large pores but no one is looking at them, trust me.

I think you've obsessed over it so much you've worked yourself up over it and now it seems really terrible, I did that myself a month ago. Trust me you don't want to be hospitalized like I was because it's no fun in a hospital.

My skin isn't *that* bad and I can see that now but I *was* thinking it was terrible, and I was thinking of potential future acne that was going to pop up and that everyone that looked at my face saw my skin as disgusting. I obsessed over it to a very bad point.

Trust me, your skin looks fine, even though I know it doesn't matter what anyone else says to console you.

Have you thought about any type of pore-minimizer? It might help a bit. I've used one just for the hell of it and I thought my pores looked better. It could be worth a try. Unless there's really much more than that going on. I wish you wouldn't let it get in the way of your life. I've been down about my face before and it was not a happy time. But anyway, yeah, don't get down about it. There has to be something out there to help. The world can only hope.

I've been using Clinique's pore minimizer. It does improve the look of them a lot, but not enough for me to not notice them. Plus I'm a guy, I'm and not really good with make-up.

That's actually what I've used. I wish it worked better for you, that's sad. Oh, I know how the makeup goes. Although I don't know of any makeup that could help. I may be a girl but I have a twin brother that will do practically nothing about his bad skin aside from washing it. He thinks it's too much trouble and he won't use moisturizer because he's "a man" but he hates the zits. Getting him to take it seriously instead of getting mad at me is a constant battle. I know many people aren't like that. Enough about me, I hope you get the help you need.

Your skin looks perfectly clear and normal. It is normal to see ourselves in a harsher light than others do; however, the concern would be that you actually warned your friend to "be prepared to puke" . I think that statement suggests that you are viewing yourself in an "altered" light. To be honest, the reality is that your skin looks great and it does look youthful. You are moving in the right direction if you are considering getting help. Good luck.

I've been using Clinique's pore minimizer. It does improve the look of them a lot, but not enough for me to not notice them. Plus I'm a guy, I'm and not really good with make-up.

That's actually what I've used. I wish it worked better for you, that's sad. Oh, I know how the makeup goes. Although I don't know of any makeup that could help. I may be a girl but I have a twin brother that will do practically nothing about his bad skin aside from washing it. He thinks it's too much trouble and he won't use moisturizer because he's "a man" but he hates the zits. Getting him to take it seriously instead of getting mad at me is a constant battle. I know many people aren't like that. Enough about me, I hope you get the help you need.

Thanks, me too. I've been up and down for over a year, but very slowly I think I've been moving in the right direction overall. I guess there's just things you have to accept. I've always been very stubborn and letting go of the past is something I need to work on.

I hear ya. The past is such a difficult thing to deal with. And it seems to show up no matter how much you try to move forward. I feel that I've almost accepted that my life is actually okay and the past doesn't control what I do or matter that much. I'm glad you're getting on the right track, that's always a great feeling.

you are crazy. There is nothing wrong with your skin, seriously grow up and get out

lmao dont tell him to grow up, obviously people have it much worse, but just because his skin isnt as bad doesnt mean it doesnt affect him just as bad. i think his skin is really good basically perfect but i have no idea how he feels about it, so im not gonna write a rude comment telling him to "grow up and get out", your acting extremely judge-mental. how about you support him orrrr go f*ck yourself weedman.

oops lmaoooo hahaha

So what should we do, gather together and give him a hug? Tell me what is incorrect in my statement, if he wants to feel better that's what he needs to do fact. His skin is sorted all he needs to do is grow up and get out of the house, or maybe should he go on anti-depressants to help him cope with something that doesn't exist, I'm sure that would do some good in the short term but hey so would heroin...

Guest Bloody Corpse Deamonn duh

duud your skin, damn, i could kill for skin like that, u have no redmarks, no scars, not even acne? :eh: no weird shit at all, just pores, but then just look into those pore astringent products, try em out n most important just try to get over this (bcz u maybe rly have bdd instead?) n thats it man, srsly. :|

Yeah, your skin is really supple looking and healthy. You have to first accept the skin your in, and learn to be happy with yourself and what you have, or else you'll likely keep on finding something about yourself that you dislike even if you "fix it."

Now as far as products that help, there's toners as people mentioned, and clay masks do an excellent job of tightening pores for, especially after a steam. It looks like you have absolutely no filaments or anything in your pores either, so that's awesome. You can also look into microdermabrasion and over the counter products like it. But really, all of these things are just touch ups because your skin is really nice man! I think you owe it to yourself to spend some time with your friends and experience lost joys from staying indoors for so long. Get some vitamin D and go out :)