Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ringledman

Chem-peels and Intense gel making things worse?

Hi all,

After using a Glycolic Acid Peel my skin always breaks out for a few days.

Similarly if I use Puredeming Intense Gel my skin becomes so greasy and actually seems to get more spots.

Has anyone else noticed the same?? Do you think this is normal when first using these types of products??

Thanks.

It's possible that your skin is "purging" itself. It's also possible that these products are clogging your pores. I would give it a couple of weeks and see if it stops. If not, discontinue the products and see if things get better. Also, you could always do a patch test so you don't affect your entire face.

When I start up with glycolics I always breakout. It should stop within a couple of weeks if it is just your skin purging. How often are you using the Intense gel? I have never had any problems w/ breakouts from the gel. bb_eusa_think.gif

Hi, That Puredeming Intense Gel stuff contains olive, sunflower, vitamin E, and some other oil. It may be all those oils that break you out. bb_eusa_think.gif If you just need moisture try pure jojoba oil. It's much cheaper and easy to tolerate for people with sensitive skin. I have a huge bottle of it and even use it to shave with. smile.gif

Make sure you are using the PureDeming Intense Gel R-ALA - it is made specifically for acne-prone skin and contains jojoba oil instead of the other oils.